Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: *A US-Europe in Summer from $248 RT in Biz

[prem fare gone]: *A US-Europe in Summer from $248 RT in Biz

Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
So realistically, if Europe is not opening up by our travel date in June, we can use our $260 ticket and credit to book on another flight, but highly unlikely business class unless we want to pay the big difference of 6 of us traveling, am I seeing this correctly?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yuel
So realistically, if Europe is not opening up by our travel date in June, we can use our $260 ticket and credit to book on another flight, but highly unlikely business class unless we want to pay the big difference of 6 of us traveling, am I seeing this correctly?
From what I understand, yes, a fare difference would apply.
sab017 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by scaredflyer
I had also cancelled a flight. Called TAP this morning. They took my info to initiate the refund, told me it will take over 90 days to get the money back. Debating whether I should just initiate a charge back so that there's a record (and the 90 days would be beyond the charge back time period)
Did they push back when you said you wanted a refund back on your credit card? The representative on the phone seems adamant that the only refund I would get is in form of a voucher.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by elrednaxela
Did they push back when you said you wanted a refund back on your credit card? The representative on the phone seems adamant that the only refund I would get is in form of a voucher.
No. There was some confusion as to whether they'd refund my credit card or send a wire transfer to my bank (which was weird, never heard of that before) but they otherwise confirmed I would be getting my refund in the form of cash (whether to my bank or credit card).
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Originally Posted by CLEguy
My June ORD-LIS-FCO was just canceled.

False alarm. Only LIS-FCO canceled; rebooked to a different connection.
this happened to my LIS-ORY segment. I see a message that says I need to call for refund / rebook - but at the same time see that I was already rebooked on a later flight. Was that the case with you too? Their website is a bit confusing...
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by Blootch
this happened to my LIS-ORY segment. I see a message that says I need to call for refund / rebook - but at the same time see that I was already rebooked on a later flight. Was that the case with you too? Their website is a bit confusing...
Yes. My return FCO-LIS segment has also canceled, with another much less desirable replacement. It seems like a schedule change to consolidate ops intra-Europe, but now there's a couple loooooooooooong layovers in Lisbon.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:47 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Yes. My return FCO-LIS segment has also canceled, with another much less desirable replacement. It seems like a schedule change to consolidate ops intra-Europe, but now there's a couple loooooooooooong layovers in Lisbon.
We booked an 8 hour layover in Lisbon. That's a feature, not a bug!
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Its only 20 min on metro to city center. Honestly not the worst place to be stuck!

However, I was hastily booking these last and booked flights to Rome next year for myself, wife and 1-year old. Was excited for her first Biz class flight - until I realized I booked a 9 hour layover in LIS. Ended up canceling that as the logistics with a toddler not worth the effort 😅
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:06 pm

Middle names?

One more question. How is TAP with middle names? I have one on passport but failed to list on ticket. I booked with Chase UR, and the rep I spoke with claims that someone from the “offline team” will call me tomorrow to adjust. not sure I trust that?

My free 24 cancellation is up tonight. I think it’s worth the risk to keep the ticket and see what happens? I snagged these tickets on dates that were already blocked on the calendar for a France trip, and they work perfectly, so don’t wanna lose them.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by kokonutz
6 am FCO departure is not fun though.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond , Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
I also have same 6.05am flight out from FCO, not fun - hopefully J class would make feel me a bit better plus BOS arrival at 1.20pm is a dream early.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by s777bg
I also have same 6.05am flight out from FCO, not fun - hopefully J class would make feel me a bit better plus BOS arrival at 1.20pm is a dream early.
6am out of BCN. Seems TAP like those early departures.

If I get to fly this in business for ~$250, no problem!!
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
Originally Posted by legalalien
6 am FCO departure is not fun though.
Yeah... The other half was a bit miffed about the overnight layover in LIS (she doesn't understand the awesomeness of $250 TATL J tix at all) until I told her the alternative was a 6:05 departure from FCO.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by ranskis
I think it is still widely available at the same fare level, however there seems to be a 1234 USD fuel surcharge added to the fare and taxes now.
$ 1234 - Thats not good. Just remove the YQ and price will be very good.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Mar 4, 2021 at 1:37 pm
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:37 pm

I think credit should also go to WingedWorldExplorer who first posted yesterday at 4:37pm in trick it.
yuel, jfkeze, katstarr and 2 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.