Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ/EK/UA/etc: KRT-Worldwide < 7cpm Business

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ/EK/UA/etc: KRT-Worldwide < 7cpm Business

Old Feb 25, 21, 9:15 pm

Deleted

Last edited by thanaset; Feb 26, 21 at 4:52 am Reason: fare gone
Old Feb 26, 21, 12:44 am

Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Gold
Any experience with eskytravel.it? Will the ticket be issued in Italy? Their booking tool is highly flexible, like Priceline.

Or Poland? The sit is saying the invoice will be from Poland.

And yes, i know they charge fees to issue tickets and change/ refunds.
Old Feb 26, 21, 1:21 am

Programs: Aeroflot Gold - TAP Gold - AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath View Post
You can shave off 30 gbp if you make it an make the end point ATH. KRT-CAI-AUH-SYD-AUH-CAI-ATH 572 gbp. Expedia
I try to price from scratch at expedia.it but I can't have your result, can you please share the previous page before to be payed. Thanks
Old Feb 26, 21, 1:59 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by advisorytoptop View Post
I try to price from scratch at expedia.it but I can't have your result, can you please share the previous page before to be payed. Thanks
Expedia by the looks of it has pulled all of these fares that start at KRT. I haven't been able to price any out. It was s MS ticket.
I Did make one of these bookings but I cancelled within the 24 hour window as I changed to a TK ticket for a bit more which dropped me back at home in CPH
Old Feb 26, 21, 3:05 am

Programs: Aeroflot Gold - TAP Gold - AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath View Post
Expedia by the looks of it has pulled all of these fares that start at KRT. I haven't been able to price any out. It was s MS ticket.
I Did make one of these bookings but I cancelled within the 24 hour window as I changed to a TK ticket for a bit more which dropped me back at home in CPH
Thanks for the info, TK sounds good too. Italian site of TK? whats the itinerary if you don't mind?
Old Feb 26, 21, 4:29 am

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
It looks like Sabre just fixed the error in converting nucs to usd/euro so at least for OTAS that use Sabre, party is over
Keter likes this.
Old Feb 26, 21, 4:58 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by advisorytoptop View Post
Thanks for the info, TK sounds good too. Italian site of TK? whats the itinerary if you don't mind?
Looks like the party is over. The routing I used now is 4000 USD. Look like most of the OTA that were offering the prices were on Sabre. I had a KRT-IST-KUL-ADL-SIN-IST-CPH routing.

Originally Posted by high.and.above View Post
It looks like Sabre just fixed the error in converting nucs to usd/euro so at least for OTAS that use Sabre, party is over
Old Feb 26, 21, 5:13 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by high.and.above View Post
I think it was the exchange rate between NUC and SDG that was actually not updated due to the sudden devaluation of the SDG. The NUC/USD and NUC/EUR have not changed.
Keter, Granite64 and Rim1 like this.
Old Feb 26, 21, 6:21 am

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Originally Posted by ranskis View Post
I think it was the exchange rate between NUC and SDG that was actually not updated due to the sudden devaluation of the SDG. The NUC/USD and NUC/EUR have not changed.

Oh yes you are right, sorry my bad.
Old Feb 26, 21, 6:41 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by keitherson View Post
These are Egyptair tickets, not Etihad -- even though it's Etihad operated.

People booking Egyptair tickets and people booking through OTAs such gotogate and Mytrip are in for a ride. I would not.

You are right!, my mistake.
Old Feb 26, 21, 8:19 am

Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ranskis View Post
Or maybe it was at the official exchange rate that is far from the real (black) market rates, hence no one is willing to sell hard currencies at these rates. The fix is likely a development fix not allowing ticketing outside Sudan at those official rates (as there is no one to pay for this party on FT) anymore.
Granite64 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 21, 9:11 am

So, we did actually buy the legitimate fare rate at the time of the SDG at low rate and then they decided to update the exchange rate to high again!

It's kind of BTC went from 57k down to 45k or 8k :-)
Granite64 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 21, 9:28 am

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by thanaset View Post
So, we did actually buy the legitimate fare rate at the time of the SDG at low rate and then they decided to update the exchange rate to high again!

It's kind of BTC went from 57k down to 45k or 8k :-)
There is still 1 OTA which will book you back to your country of birth 380.58 Euros Business Class One-Way .

Yes just as with the RGN situation from several years ago, the pre devaluation fare denominated in local currency was correct but converted at the post devaluation rate of exchange. Several OTAs have made a short cut by eliminating KRT from the drop down menu / list of airports
thanaset and Granite64 like this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Feb 27, 21 at 4:48 pm
Old Feb 26, 21, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&M, VA Flying Club
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer View Post
There is still 1 OTA which will book you back to your country of birth 380.58 Euros Business Class One-Way .

Yes just as with the RGN, the fare in Myanmar currency was correct but converted at the pre devaluation rate of exchange. Several OTAs have made a short cut by eliminating KRT from the drop down menu / list of airports
I I also noticed Perth disppeared off the list of possible destinations. I had a RTW itinerary last night on premium carriers for 1,500....oh well.
Old Feb 26, 21, 12:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Ok guys, I'm late to the party. Is this still bookable somewhere?

Search this Thread