Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AS: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

AS: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 1, 21, 4:29 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Pat89339
Wiki Link
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

Qualification requirements

Three ways to qualify for each level: miles on Alaska only (includes Alaska flights operated by Horizon or Skywest), combination of miles on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners), or combination of segments on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners).

MVP: 20,000 miles on Alaska/25,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/30 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

MVP Gold: 40,000 miles on Alaska/50,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/60 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

75K: 75,000 miles on Alaska/90,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/90 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 2, 21, 12:28 am
  #1  
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The City/Honolulu
Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Posts: 14,389
AS: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

In order to organize the end-of-year crush of Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread for the airlines with the most frequent requests. This is the thread for Alaska Airlines.

For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

For each response. Please quote the original request
Pat89339 is offline  
Old Jan 13, 21, 11:00 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: LAX/LAS/PHX; formerly SFO, ALC, LHR, SEA
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, DL PM, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 36
Anyone else considering doing a ton of RTs from FLL to LAX (currently pricing out at $60 OW or $113.20 RT)? Looks like you have to book a week in advance, and the fare is available 7 days a week from January 2021 until May 1st, and still has really good availability in May, June, July, and the first half of August. To get the best deal, you'll want to book them as RTs from FLL. A few days ago it appeared to me that AS wouldn't let you book same-day RTs out of FLL and that you had to book the OW segments separately to piece-together the RT routing yourself, but as of today, Alaska's website is letting you book RTs ex-FLL *and* the RT price dropped from $119.80 to $113.20!

2,337 miles OW, 4,674 miles RT. You get a 50% EQM bonus on all AS flights until the end of June 2021, which makes this a great deal for a mileage/status run at 2.4 cents per RDM or 1.6 cents per EQM. You can go from no status to MVP Gold 75K with 11 RTs, which is $1,245.20, and Costco is currently selling AS gift cards for 10%-off, which would reduce your cost to 1,145.18 if you buy two $500 AS gift cards from Costco to use to buy your mileage run fares. I believe this fare is valid until approximately January 25th, 2021, so book soon if you want to do this MR!

The only reason I haven't booked this myself yet is that I'm based in LAS/LAX, and because the daily RTs go from from FLL->LAX->FLL everyday, I don't have a good place to stay (or a car!) in FLL, which changes my calculus significantly. I wouldn't want to have to pay for a hotel every night near FLL for 11 days straight just to do a silly mileage run. That sounds like a week and a half of hell! But if I was based in South Florida, that would change my outlook on this significantly.
jfkeze likes this.
creditcardmarauder is offline  
Old Jan 13, 21, 4:22 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 3,979
Originally Posted by creditcardmarauder View Post
Anyone else considering doing a ton of RTs from FLL to LAX (currently pricing out at $60 OW or $113.20 RT)? Looks like you have to book a week in advance, and the fare is available 7 days a week from January 2021 until May 1st, and still has really good availability in May, June, July, and the first half of August. To get the best deal, you'll want to book them as RTs from FLL. A few days ago it appeared to me that AS wouldn't let you book same-day RTs out of FLL and that you had to book the OW segments separately to piece-together the RT routing yourself, but as of today, Alaska's website is letting you book RTs ex-FLL *and* the RT price dropped from $119.80 to $113.20!

2,337 miles OW, 4,674 miles RT. You get a 50% EQM bonus on all AS flights until the end of June 2021, which makes this a great deal for a mileage/status run at 2.4 cents per RDM or 1.6 cents per EQM. You can go from no status to MVP Gold 75K with 11 RTs, which is $1,245.20, and Costco is currently selling AS gift cards for 10%-off, which would reduce your cost to 1,145.18 if you buy two $500 AS gift cards from Costco to use to buy your mileage run fares. I believe this fare is valid until approximately January 25th, 2021, so book soon if you want to do this MR!

The only reason I haven't booked this myself yet is that I'm based in LAS/LAX, and because the daily RTs go from from FLL->LAX->FLL everyday, I don't have a good place to stay (or a car!) in FLL, which changes my calculus significantly. I wouldn't want to have to pay for a hotel every night near FLL for 11 days straight just to do a silly mileage run. That sounds like a week and a half of hell! But if I was based in South Florida, that would change my outlook on this significantly.
Thanks for sharing, might be worth researching... That's basically oneworld Emerald later this year with a potential drop to Sapphire. I think Alaska does soft drops, right?
jfkeze is offline  
Old Jan 13, 21, 11:18 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 3,979
ex-FLL you can easily do this every Saturday or Sunday over the next few weeks...

for some reason ITA Matrix doesn't show space on RTs after mid-March but showing space as separate one-ways. These book into X class so basic economy (Saver), no upgrades nor Preferential seats and I think assigned seats at the gate even as an Elite... I looked at adding stops, but Hotel costs would hurt the overall cost...
7011 miles per RT so:
  • MVP in 3 RTs or USD 339.60
  • MVP Gold in 6 RTs USD 679.2
  • MVP Gold 75 in 11 RTs USD 1245.20
Saturday samples...



jfkeze is offline  
Old Jan 14, 21, 7:43 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: AS MVPG
Posts: 272
I need 23K miles for 75k and as I live on Kauai need to do it in early April while on mainland. Ideally it would be like my initial LIH-SEA-LAX-FLL all in F at that great deal we had recently.
I'll be around Denver but am open to anything. The first 52K is all on AS so it's all about time. Thank you. PS I have the FLL-LAX-FLL in F for one day late Jan. Also I have that 30% off coupon if I could string together a big loop
tobikosan is offline  
Old Jan 31, 21, 6:33 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Programs: marriott platinum, AS Gold
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
ex-FLL you can easily do this every Saturday or Sunday over the next few weeks...

for some reason ITA Matrix doesn't show space on RTs after mid-March but showing space as separate one-ways. These book into X class so basic economy (Saver), no upgrades nor Preferential seats and I think assigned seats at the gate even as an Elite... I looked at adding stops, but Hotel costs would hurt the overall cost...
7011 miles per RT so:
  • MVP in 3 RTs or USD 339.60
  • MVP Gold in 6 RTs USD 679.2
  • MVP Gold 75 in 11 RTs USD 1245.20
Saturday samples...



Good, thank you very much
jfkeze and tobikosan like this.
hellointer is offline  
Old Feb 8, 21, 9:30 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 3,979
Alaska Airlines is offering BOGO with discount code: LETSGO
  • Save 50% off for 2 or more passengers.
  • Save 10% off solo travel or first class travel.
  • Sale ends 2/8 at 11:59pm PT
  • Travel is valid from 2/16-5/26
  • Travel within the US mainland is valid Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
  • Travel to Hawaii is valid Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
  • Travel from Hawaii is valid Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
  • Travel on other days of the week is 10% off.
jfkeze is offline  
Old Feb 16, 21, 8:59 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 4
Never posted one of these before so forgive me if the details are incomplete.

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 10,000
Required Spend or Budget: $700
Available Travel Dates: Most any time, April to June
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: [I'm not sure what this means, but I think I just want to fly AS]

I'm happy to do red-eye jaunts (leave SEA in PM, arrive back in SEA next AM) or repeat an inexpensive segment a few times over a few different days.
I'm willing to pay a bit more to just reserve first class and get the bonus EQM accrual as well.

Hopefully that's enough info to go on?
Dingfod is offline  
Old Feb 17, 21, 2:56 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 3,979
Originally Posted by Dingfod View Post
Never posted one of these before so forgive me if the details are incomplete.

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 10,000
Required Spend or Budget: $700
Available Travel Dates: Most any time, April to June
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: [I'm not sure what this means, but I think I just want to fly AS]

I'm happy to do red-eye jaunts (leave SEA in PM, arrive back in SEA next AM) or repeat an inexpensive segment a few times over a few different days.
I'm willing to pay a bit more to just reserve first class and get the bonus EQM accrual as well.

Hopefully that's enough info to go on?
SEA-FLL in Basic Economy which even in X class earns 100% or 5424 miles RT.
Can do it M/T/W in April for $191 RT.
jfkeze is offline  
Old Feb 17, 21, 9:23 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
SEA-FLL in Basic Economy which even in X class earns 100% or 5424 miles RT.
Can do it M/T/W in April for $191 RT.
Basic Economy = Saver fare = X class?
Or can X class apply to any fare?

When I search alaskaair.com, I'm shown $99 each way for the same dates/flights above (Saver). I just found an Alaska fare class table which indicates that Saver != Basic Economy, so how do I find that fare?

Thanks for your help! This is a great suggestion and I'll book a few of these if I can figure out how to get them.
Dingfod is offline  
Old Feb 17, 21, 10:22 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 3,979
Originally Posted by Dingfod View Post
Basic Economy = Saver fare = X class?
Or can X class apply to any fare?

When I search alaskaair.com, I'm shown $99 each way for the same dates/flights above (Saver). I just found an Alaska fare class table which indicates that Saver != Basic Economy, so how do I find that fare?

Thanks for your help! This is a great suggestion and I'll book a few of these if I can figure out how to get them.
Apologies, X is one of the Saver fares, I'm used to calling them Basic Economy.
jfkeze is offline  
Old Feb 17, 21, 1:23 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Apologies, X is one of the Saver fares, I'm used to calling them Basic Economy.
Thanks! I was able to secure the fare shown above. So that I understand:
1. Only miles flown apply toward tier status (2,712*2 = 5,424 EQM miles)
2. For existing MVP Gold, the 100% bonus miles apply toward frequent flier miles (5,424*2 = 10,848 mileage plan miles)

Is that correct?
Dingfod is offline  
Old Feb 17, 21, 1:37 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Philippines
Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Choice Diamond, Alaska 75K
Posts: 4,616
Originally Posted by Dingfod View Post
Thanks! I was able to secure the fare shown above. So that I understand:
1. Only miles flown apply toward tier status (2,712*2 = 5,424 EQM miles)
2. For existing MVP Gold, the 100% bonus miles apply toward frequent flier miles (5,424*2 = 10,848 mileage plan miles)

Is that correct?
Yepper
jfkeze and samosa like this.
davistev is offline  
Old Mar 27, 21, 8:42 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Austin TX
Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Posts: 170
Presently I am AAdvantage member and wanted to maintain EP status this year (as there will not be much Business travel planned ) and looking for suggestions on Good and cheaper Mileage runs to get maximum EQD (I should be on ok EQM). Presently I have few 2 First class trips between LAX-IAD in April each was around 500. I am based in AUS so I have AUS-LAX in AS F Fare also. What are some of other good cheaper options SFO-JFK or SEA-FLL (Need to consider cost for reposition from AUS). ?
rajhyd99 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: