Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Beware of QR’s deep discounted Business Class fares that do not give you lounge access if you don’t have OW status, or allow advance seat selection.
I’m aware and that’s why I bought I fare that allows lounge and seat assignment. I’m trying to get to gold status so that I buy the deep discounted fares in the future. I had to guarantee seat assignments this time because it is a family trip.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA PL
Do AS flights credited to AA during status challenge count towards challenge? I see posts here indicating using AS bud I’m not sure if that’s just for normal status obtaining or challenge too. Sorry if this is a repeat question, I tried finding the answer but didn’t see anything specific so second guessing. Thanks!
Promix likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:17 am

Need help to accomplish a better status with AA - oneworld

Departure Airport: PHX, LAX, LAS, SAN, TUS
Miles Needed:60,000
Required Spend or Budget: 7000
Available Travel Dates: all year
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: any oneworld
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Audiocima
Departure Airport: PHX, LAX, LAS, SAN, TUS
Miles Needed:60,000
Required Spend or Budget: 7000
Available Travel Dates: all year
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: any oneworld
LAX-LHR-TLV or LAX-LAS-LHR-TLV business class is still available for ~2,200 r/t; brings ~30k EQM. Available through the end of the year and beyond. You can book a combination of AA and BA-operated flights. I'd avoid BA268 LAX-LHR that uses A380, as its business cabin is not the best. Though .. it is still a lie-flat business class seat.

ETA: If booking though BA, AARP and Chase discounts bring the price down to $1,800 r/t.

Last edited by legalalien; Jun 22, 2021 at 10:51 am Reason: Added discount info
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL, HH, Bonvoy
Looking for quick turnaround mileage run to complete status upgrade... unfortunately our business travel is still shut down so I have no need to go anywhere!

Departure Airport: PHX ideally, LAS/TUS possible
Miles Needed: 9,000 EQM
Required Spend: $800, higher is OK but that's what's needed
Available Travel Dates: 7/27/21 through 10/22/21, ideally weekend, as short a turnaround as possible
Required Metal or Codeshares: AA or something that will code for a status challenge

Best I've found is 8/15-8/16 PHX-HNL-PHX on lie-flat 777, $1160, 11644 EQM (5822*2).

Last edited by Zeromus-X; Jul 2, 2021 at 3:13 pm
Old Jul 10, 2021, 6:13 am

Status Challenge Help

I was given Platinum status and an offer to make Platinum Pro within 3 months.

Departure Airport(s): CAE or CLT
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 16,500 or 20
EQDs Needed: $1950
Max Budget: $2300
Available Travel Dates: Anytime before September 23rd as I work from home but preferably a Friday - Sunday
Max # Travel Nights: 2
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners Ok
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): No

Also if I only make Platinum to keep I will be satisfied with that as well which is:

Departure Airport(s): CAE or CLT
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 11,000 or 13
EQDs Needed: $1250
Max Budget: $1500
Available Travel Dates: Anytime before September 23rd as I work from home but preferably a Friday - Sunday
Max # Travel Nights: 2
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners Ok
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): No

Thanks guys!
Promix likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Hyatt/AA Status Challenge for PlatPro

Departure Airport(s): JFK, EWR, LGA, BOS (less convenient - PHL, WAS)
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 18,000 EQM
EQDs Needed: $2,300
Max Budget: $1,000 (flexible)
Available Travel Dates: Aug-Dec 2021
Max # Travel Nights: 7 (flexible)
AA only, or Partners Okay: American, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, JetBlue and Qantas
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N

Related to the current AA/Hyatt challenge. I have some upcoming travel on AA that are mostly awards. I could rebook as cash to (slightly) bump the EQD/EQM but the cash fares are pretty poor value vs. the awards I already have booked.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 2:35 pm

Help needed for AA status

Hi,
Im trying to get a status in AA (gold) . I have completed EQS/EQMs already but still got EQDs to fulfill.
Departure Airport: DFW (can do IAH)
Miles Needed: already met
Required Spend or Budget: 735 EQDs
Available Travel Dates: Aug-October 2021
Cannot travel abroad.
I saw if i travel in alaska i can get EQDs based on miles.
Can anyone help me for the above with less spending if possible?
Promix likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 6:47 pm

Similar to above in connection with current Hyatt/AA status challenge but with different departure airports:

Departure Airport(s): PNS, MSY, ATL, MIA
Max # Travel Nights: 2-3 (fewer the better)
AA only, or Partners Okay: American, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, JetBlue and Qantas
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
AA/OneWorld

Hello FTers:

I am currently an AA EXP. Most of my travel is international (UK and India) and this year I have had ZERO travel and that does not seem to change before the end of the year. Also, I am on a visa in this country and cannot travel overseas (will require visiting a consulate for stamping).

My current tracker says:
  • EQD: 4107
  • EQM: 15459
  • EQS: 13

At a minimum I would like to get to Platinum Pro. My Barclays credit card will cover the EQD waiver (based on spend of 30K per year). What are my options for EQM?

Departure Airport(s): DFW
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 65,000 EQM
EQDs Needed: $8000
Max Budget: $2,000 (flexible)
Max # Travel Nights: 2-3 each trip (fewer the better)
AA only, or Partners Okay: American, Alaska, JetBlue
Travel International? (Y/N): N
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):
N

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by srikp; Jul 14, 2021 at 11:48 am
Old Jul 14, 2021, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by srikp
At a minimum I would like to get to Platinum Pro. My Barclays credit card will cover the EQD waiver (based on spend of 30K per year). What are my options for EQM?
AA has made it laughably easy to maintain your existing status for another year: spend 15k on your Barclays card (provided it was issued in the US) between July 15 and November 15 or earn 2,000 EQD between September 1 and December 31. If you don't feel you can put enough spend on the card, just buy a $2k r/t ticket anywhere in Q4 (J to HNL sounds good) and enjoy another year of EXP.

See this for more details: https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...ite-status.jsp.

Last edited by legalalien; Jul 14, 2021 at 2:18 pm Reason: Added promo link
Old Jul 14, 2021, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jjfab
Similar to above in connection with current Hyatt/AA status challenge but with different departure airports:

Departure Airport(s): PNS, MSY, ATL, MIA
Max # Travel Nights: 2-3 (fewer the better)
MIA-LHR-TLV in PE (T class): 6,600 BIS = 19,800 EQM + 2,600 EQD r/t. Currently available for $1,261 in August and a few days in September. Widebody all the way, a mix of 777, 787 and 350.
washeelers747 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Sakethsmiles
Hi,
Im trying to get a status in AA (gold) . I have completed EQS/EQMs already but still got EQDs to fulfill.
Departure Airport: DFW (can do IAH)
Miles Needed: already met
Required Spend or Budget: 735 EQDs
Available Travel Dates: Aug-October 2021
Cannot travel abroad.
I saw if i travel in alaska i can get EQDs based on miles.
Can anyone help me for the above with less spending if possible?
DFW-SEA on AS in First (I class) is available for $530; same-day turn, non-stop possible. More than covers EQD, and saves $200 or so.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by legalalien
AA has made it laughably easy to maintain your existing status for another year: spend 15k on your Barclays card (provided it was issued in the US) between July 15 and November 15 or earn 2,000 EQD between September 1 and December 31. If you don't feel you can put enough spend on the card, just buy a $2k r/t ticket anywhere in Q4 (J to HNL sounds good) and enjoy another year of EXP.

See this for more details: https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...ite-status.jsp.
I saw it as a promotion just before checking this message. This is infact great news. I am sure I will be able to spend 15K on the credit card in the 4 months.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: free agent
Similar to above in connection with current Hyatt/AA status challenge (I was offered to become PP)

Departure Airport(s): LAX, PIT, PHL, WAS, JFK, EWR
Max Budget: $2,000 (flexible)
Max # Travel Nights: up to 7-14 night (need a legit vacation out of this run )
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): Y

i missed out OW J to Europe last few days but I’m confident it’ll come back…. I don’t think TLV is a viable option now? I see LAX-DXB BA PE around $1500ish. Not amazing so I’ll wait out for better opportunities but hope not that delta will slam borders doors again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.