Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

AA/One World: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 28, 21, 3:05 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Pat89339
Wiki Link
AA/One World: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
.
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

_________________________________________________

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):


If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.
_________________________________________________

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 24, 21, 7:21 am
  #31  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 12,724
I don't know where are you based ( which city you would originate at ), however, choose a red-eye flight if possible.
That would be my advice for two back-to-back transcon flights.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 24, 21, 8:05 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 17
I'm in IAD and I don't see any red-eye flights for transcon, might have to strategize if I can't do the same-day trip.
rahulgarciapatel is offline  
Old Mar 24, 21, 8:16 am
  #33  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 12,724
Originally Posted by rahulgarciapatel View Post
I'm in IAD and I don't see any red-eye flights for transcon, might have to strategize if I can't do the same-day trip.
You could do a DCA-LAX-DCA routing same day but it would be two consecutive day flights and a sleeping pill might ruin your sleeping pattern if you try to sleep a lot during the day.
AA is not operating IAD-LAX since COVID-19 hit and now it's suspended permanently, thus the red-eye service from LAX to the DC area is cancelled.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 24, 21, 8:39 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 17
Thanks for the suggestion. I did this and with the flights pricing at $57 each way, it's very tempting to get the EQM's. Might just need to find a netflix show to binge watch.
rahulgarciapatel is offline  
Old Mar 24, 21, 11:20 am
  #35  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: TOA
Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Posts: 14,194
Originally Posted by rahulgarciapatel View Post
Anyone done any transcon mileage run in economy? AA have some very cheap flights to LAX and was thinking of doing a same-day round-trip, but not sure if how brutal it will be flying in the plane for 5/6 hours each flight. Any advice to keep yourself busy while on flight?
Ask for suggestions here: AA/One World: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

David
jfkeze likes this.
DELee is offline  
Old Mar 24, 21, 9:11 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: LAX oriented World Digital Nomad
Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Posts: 1,076
Ah, if only I had an AA credit card. I always wonder (and forget) why anyone would want to do this when they would still need the EQDs...
Carolina2Cali is offline  
Old Mar 25, 21, 3:00 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 4,658
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali View Post
Ah, if only I had an AA credit card. I always wonder (and forget) why anyone would want to do this when they would still need the EQDs...
When I was younger (2009) I did a LGA-ORD-MSN-ORD-DUB-ORD-MSN-ORD-LGA for under 300 in Y, had an FA give me a dozen Minis when I told her about the run on ORD-MSN and it was a fun weekend... Those were the days pre EQD... now, I would say just use Alaska F fares, tons of EQDs and EQMs without touching the passport...
jfkeze is online now  
Old Mar 25, 21, 11:17 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: LAX oriented World Digital Nomad
Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Posts: 1,076
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
When I was younger (2009) I did a LGA-ORD-MSN-ORD-DUB-ORD-MSN-ORD-LGA for under 300 in Y, had an FA give me a dozen Minis when I told her about the run on ORD-MSN and it was a fun weekend... Those were the days pre EQD... now, I would say just use Alaska F fares, tons of EQDs and EQMs without touching the passport...
Even with the update?
Carolina2Cali is offline  
Old Mar 25, 21, 3:48 pm
  #39  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 4,658
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali View Post
Even with the update?
I'm lost on this reference , as far as I can see the AA updated charts for flights post 3/31... nothing out of this world in the Premium Cabins...
AA-Alaska
jfkeze is online now  
Old Mar 26, 21, 4:17 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: LAX oriented World Digital Nomad
Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Posts: 1,076
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
I'm lost on this reference , as far as I can see the AA updated charts for flights post 3/31... nothing out of this world in the Premium Cabins...
AA-Alaska
Thanks, could have sworn I saw a post of people .....ing about AS mileage changes recently, with the AS joining the OW table nearly complete. I didn't read much of it as I haven't flown them as they don't go where I often go, but I suppose I really must try
Carolina2Cali is offline  
Old Mar 29, 21, 10:56 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: LAX oriented World Digital Nomad
Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Posts: 1,076
Departure Airport: LAX or nearby
Miles Needed: As many as possible
Required Spend or Budget: Any
Available Travel Dates: Now to returning no later than May 31st, 1-10 days
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: MUST BE 100 PERCENT AA

I have a 20 percent promo code from Black Friday which must be booked in the next 48 hours, and can not be used on any metal besides AA. No AA vacations, etc, either. Looking to earn the most EQDs and EQMs possible, but I guess EQDs cannot be anything other than what I pay AA for, eh? Where's the most expensive place AA flies that is unique/different and OPEN without major quarantines at the moment? If you had said code, money, and time, what would you do?
Carolina2Cali is offline  
Old Mar 30, 21, 1:43 pm
  #42  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 4,658
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali View Post
Departure Airport: LAX or nearby
Miles Needed: As many as possible
Required Spend or Budget: Any
Available Travel Dates: Now to returning no later than May 31st, 1-10 days
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: MUST BE 100 PERCENT AA

I have a 20 percent promo code from Black Friday which must be booked in the next 48 hours, and can not be used on any metal besides AA. No AA vacations, etc, either. Looking to earn the most EQDs and EQMs possible, but I guess EQDs cannot be anything other than what I pay AA for, eh? Where's the most expensive place AA flies that is unique/different and OPEN without major quarantines at the moment? If you had said code, money, and time, what would you do?
Europe/South America are a mess, Brazil would need Covid tests and more... the best way could be ANC... in coach you can go NYC-ANC for $210 bucks but since not a huge fan of coach, it's pricey but you can collect a decent chunk of EQMs with LGA-DFW-ANC and collect 13298 EQMs for $1300ish before coupon


But Brazil Premium Economy could work again 150% EQMs or 15760 EQMs for $905 and 36 hours in Rio
jfkeze is online now  
Old Apr 11, 21, 7:10 pm
  #43  
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Programs: Aadvantage platinum
Posts: 1
Help newbie here

Im a stay at home mom and don't normally earn any kind of status but received Advantage platinum for 3 months as a challenge. Id like to keep it and it expires May 16th. I'm clueless on challenge runs. is it realistic to earn by flying within the US only? Here's what I have left to earn in the next month:
Departure Airport: DFW
Miles Needed:15,000 eqms
Required Spend or Budget:none
Available Travel Dates:any time
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:
ryefam1010 is offline  
Old Apr 11, 21, 7:18 pm
  #44  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 12,724
Originally Posted by ryefam1010 View Post
Im a stay at home mom and don't normally earn any kind of status but received Advantage platinum for 3 months as a challenge. Id like to keep it and it expires May 16th. I'm clueless on challenge runs. is it realistic to earn by flying within the US only? Here's what I have left to earn in the next month:
Departure Airport: DFW
Miles Needed:15,000 eqms
Required Spend or Budget:none
Available Travel Dates:any time
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:
Hi ryefam1010 and welcome to FlyerTalk!

It's realistic to earn status with US domestic flights only. The simplest way you could achieve status would be to fly DFW-LAX-HNL-LAX-DFW in Domestic First and that would give you 15164EQM's for $1598.

You might decrease the price with some creative routings, however, this is the simplest way that you could achieve 15000EQM's in one round-trip.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Apr 26, 21, 8:33 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 6
Departure Airport: DFW
Miles Needed: 55000
Required Spend or Budget: $3,000
Available Travel Dates: Flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Codeshare okay
ch4834 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread