Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] DL: JFK-GRU Business $479

[PREM FARE GONE] DL: JFK-GRU Business $479

Old Jan 22, 21, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by A13743 View Post
American's just cancelled my flights today. Anyone in the same situation?
Not for me, but my tickets are in a few months. In fact, I got my upgrades to first.

Were the flights canceled or your tickets canceled?
Old Jan 22, 21, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Global321 View Post
Not for me, but my tickets are in a few months. In fact, I got my upgrades to first.

Were the flights canceled or your tickets canceled?
It's fault alarm. I called AA and they tell me someone log into my account and cancelled the flights. They restored the booking and it's all good now.

BTW, how's someone can cancelled my flight ? and what for ?
Global321 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 21, 3:59 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by A13743 View Post
It's fault alarm. I called AA and they tell me someone log into my account and cancelled the flights. They restored the booking and it's all good now.

BTW, how's someone can cancelled my flight ? and what for ?
Did you ever put a picture of your itinerary on social media, Instagram, etc?
Old Jan 23, 21, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by 15cats View Post
Did you ever put a picture of your itinerary on social media, Instagram, etc?
I don't think so.
Old Jan 24, 21, 5:00 am

Programs: AA EP
See that my AA JFK GRU CXLD for early March. Have been offered a routing via MIA. I donít think that JFK GRU was going to go.
Old Jan 24, 21, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier View Post
See that my AA JFK GRU CXLD for early March. Have been offered a routing via MIA. I donít think that JFK GRU was going to go.
Looks like they pushed back non-stops to March 28th. I would assume these dates will push back more if COVID numbers stay high.

Did they proactively reach out to you or did you have to call them?
Old Jan 24, 21, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EP
Auto reaccomodated including the SWU to F

Originally Posted by Global321 View Post
Looks like they pushed back non-stops to March 28th. I would assume these dates will push back more if COVID numbers stay high.

Did they proactively reach out to you or did you have to call them?
Global321 likes this.

Last edited by AAExecPlatFlier; Jan 24, 21 at 4:33 pm
Old Feb 15, 21, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Anybody able to change the dates on both legs on these tickets on same fare class without triggering repricing?
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 21, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by pl840502 View Post
Anybody able to change the dates on both legs on these tickets on same fare class without triggering repricing?
yes
Old Feb 22, 21, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime
Originally Posted by KSMH612 View Post
yes
Was the only way to do this to wait for a flight cancellation?
One of my flights was JFK-BOG-GRU; it switched to JFK-BOG-SCL-GRU. I wonder if that would qualify for a free date change. It might be better to wait until a few weeks before departure to gauge what the Covid situation is like. My flight is in May so will probably wait.

For those that have traveled in 2021 on this fare, what was the experience like?
Old Feb 24, 21, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 View Post
Was the only way to do this to wait for a flight cancellation?
One of my flights was JFK-BOG-GRU; it switched to JFK-BOG-SCL-GRU. I wonder if that would qualify for a free date change. It might be better to wait until a few weeks before departure to gauge what the Covid situation is like. My flight is in May so will probably wait.

For those that have traveled in 2021 on this fare, what was the experience like?
yeah for a moment there travel restrictions were about to be lifted but now it seems unlikely, plus vaccine rollout seems to be slower than expected. Would loved to move the trip to October but it seems to be triggering repricing online even staying the same fare class. Havenít contacted a representative yet
Old Feb 24, 21, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
yeah for a moment there travel restrictions were about to be lifted but now it seems unlikely, plus vaccine rollout seems to be slower than expected. Would loved to move the trip to October but it seems to be triggering repricing online even staying the same fare class. Havenít contacted a representative yet
Let us know what happens if you call. - Sme of us are in the same boat. I'm not expecting too much, as the original fare was only good through May IIRC.
Old Feb 25, 21, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
Let us know what happens if you call. - Sme of us are in the same boat. I'm not expecting too much, as the original fare was only good through May IIRC.
My flight in April had a large schedule change, so wondering how far out this could be moved. As you said, the original fare ends in May...
Old Feb 26, 21, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime
But, Brazil and Colombia are still open to Americans so not sure which restrictions you mean. Obviously, it depends if you personally feel comfortable traveling and following the rules (plus if you get vaccinated). I dont think the situation in general will change for years to come since we will always have to be aware of Covid threats.
recki2016 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 21, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HU Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Best Western Plat Diamond, Accor Silver
schedule change

On Sat., I received an email about my outbound DL 471 schedule change for May; leaving 1h40m later, arriving 1h20m later.

The link for rebooking, any dates tried, including the day after my original departure date, it reprices.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: