Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] LH Business: KBP - ICN €566 RT

[PREM FARE GONE] LH Business: KBP - ICN €566 RT

Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
I called last night, but since my preferred dates are beyond 30 June, I was told that different origin is not possible without fare recalculations, so I'm just staying put for now. Is there any noise coming from South Korea that they will open anytime this year?
Old Mar 14, 2022, 4:10 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Deckter
I called last night, but since my preferred dates are beyond 30 June, I was told that different origin is not possible without fare recalculations, so I'm just staying put for now. Is there any noise coming from South Korea that they will open anytime this year?
Good news!

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20220311_30/

The South Korean government has announced that starting March 21, people entering the country from overseas will not need to self-quarantine if they are fully vaccinated.

The announcement comes despite the daily coronavirus case count in the country hovering around 300,000 over the past several days.

Health authorities say they confirmed nearly 283,000 new cases and a record number of 229 deaths on Thursday.

The government, in a bid to reduce the burden on the medical system, retracted its requirement this month for family members living with infected individuals to quarantine.

But it kept its requirement in place for people entering the country with negative test results to self-quarantine for seven days at their home or designated facilities.

Following complaints about the unfairness of the restriction, the government decided to lift the mandate from March 21.

The government also plans to allow people entering the country to use public transportation from the airport to their destinations, starting in April.
Deckter likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
Lufthansa updated their Ukraine waiver, allowing all pax booked on flights before 31st of August to reroute to/from Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Moldova and Romania free of charge. (no fare difference, or free refund)

I called today and managed to get exception and fly out of PRG to ICN

Lufthansa and all Lufthansa Group Airlines are suspending flights to and from Ukraine until 30 April 2022.

The airspace over Ukraine is currently closed and no overflights are taking place.

Lufthansa is constantly monitoring the situation and will decide on further flights later.

If you are affected by a cancellation, please contact a Lufthansa Service Center or your travel agent.

Passengers booked on a Lufthansa Group flight to or from Ukraine until 31 August 2022 can rebook free of charge on another Lufthansa Group flight to or from Ukraine (after 1 May 2022), Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania or Moldova. The new travel date must be by 30 September 2022. A free refund is also possible.
jfkeze, tropikey and thanaset like this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Managed to change mine as well, starting from WAW. I tried my best to get a routing through HND on ANA but no dice, agent couldn’t see the flights.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by fridgy
Lufthansa updated their Ukraine waiver, allowing all pax booked on flights before 31st of August to reroute to/from Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Moldova and Romania free of charge. (no fare difference, or free refund)

I called today and managed to get exception and fly out of PRG to ICN
In fact, even if your flights are later than 31st of August, it's possible to change KBV to other airport. I managed to move my late October flights to April/May '22 with start and finish in GDN (my home airport).
However, I must add that there're some (not significant) schedule changes, which might have helped to convince LH to accept such change (to be honest, it wasn't hard to do at all, which is very nice ).
fridgy likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
I have not changed my ticket yet. My first flight is in the middle of May and I am hoping that LH will extend the rebooking date at that time.

I just want to visit South Korea in autumn instead of summer :-)
Old May 4, 2022, 11:25 pm

I've just completed my trip. Everything went smoothly.
MUC - ICN flight on A350 was very pleasant as I didn't have any neighbor next to my window seat.
ICN - FRA on B747-8 was even more pleasant as I managed to get a seat in F (without any additional charge or e-voucher). Unfortunately, it was only a semi-F class as no first class catering and other forms of F soft product were offered. Nevertheless, spending almost 13 hours in F seat, which is really very comfortable, was a pleasure. IFE in LH F in B747-8 is archaic though
fridgy and Deckter like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.