Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] IB: MXP to SCL from €723

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2020, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Flash sale between Milan, Italy and Santiago de Chile, Chile. Sample dates in March 2021, hopefully things are open by then...
Book Flights Here!

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.
Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
Old Oct 15, 2020, 6:52 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
So it looks like it can depart from many airports in Northern Italy. VCE, MXP, LIN, BLQ, TRN, FLR all about the same price some more expensive some cheaper like BLQ 717. Departure must happen before 31 of march, min stay 5 days with 2 free stopovers. So the first flight to MAD can be set as a token and then everything can be booked for later just the ticket has to start before the 31st of march. All flight by the looks of it have to be on IB operated by IB as if you try and add anyone else on it bumps you out of the R booking class.
Keter, tropikey, etiene and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Thanks for the tip about the first segment... That makes it even more attractive...
Google Flights Multicity
tropikey and Still like this.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 9:15 pm

This one trip seems to be enough for IB Gold (2,860 EP)
Old Oct 15, 2020, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
This one trip seems to be enough for IB Gold (2,860 EP)
Yes that is the case if you can finish the round trip by march 31st. Iberia is giving double elite points until then. If your flying most of it afterwards then crediting to BA would be better as MAD-SCL is 160 TP so with the start in Italy it is 400 TP round trip.
tropikey likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 11:52 pm

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
A few questions regarding this fare:

1. Because the departure country is Italy, does the first segment actually have to be flown?
2. If I need to voluntarily move the dates for the remaining itinerary, would it be using historical fares or would I have to pay a fare difference?
3. Currently, IB has free changes for tickets issues by 31 OCT. Would that apply even though it contradicts the penalties section in the fare rules?
4. What is the longest I would be able to push back the flights?

Thanks for your help.
tropikey likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Deckter
1. Because the departure country is Italy, does the first segment actually have to be flown?
2. If I need to voluntarily move the dates for the remaining itinerary, would it be using historical fares or would I have to pay a fare difference?
3. Currently, IB has free changes for tickets issues by 31 OCT. Would that apply even though it contradicts the penalties section in the fare rules?
Thanks for your help.
1. The argument I recall was that the tix had to be purchased in that country for their law to become applicable, perhaps iberia.it?
2 & 3. I actually tried a dummy booking on iberia.com and yes, it was clearly spelled out that fare differences will apply with any changes. Refunds due to involuntary cancellations were not very clearly spelled out, so I didn't get a comfy feeling out of that section. Refund fees were trivial compared to the above risks.
4. I don't think that matters when the fare is repriced to the market with every change.
tropikey and Deckter like this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 12:54 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Its an unlimited transfers fare but i cannot price a transfer/ stopover in South America. Anyone can? Added: got my mistake - cannot have BA marketed flight to LON first, have to be an IB flight,

1. MIL-I2/IB-MAD-BUE-IB/LA-SCL
2. MIL-I2/IB-MAD-GYE/LIM/MVD/UIO-IB/LA-SCL
3. MIL-I2/IB-MAD-IB-SCL
4. MIL-I2/IB-MAD-RIO/SAO-IB/LA-SCL
5. MIL-I2/IB-MAD-SAO-IB/LA-SCL
6. MIL-I2/IB-MAD-SCL
7. MIL-LON-BA/IB-BCN-BUE-IB/LA-SCL
8. MIL-LON-BA/IB-BCN-GYE/LIM/MVD/UIO-IB/LA-SCL
9. MIL-LON-BA/IB-BCN-IB-SCL
10. MIL-LON-BA/IB-BCN-RIO/SAO-IB/LA-SCL
11. MIL-LON-BA/IB-BCN-SAO-IB/LA-SCL
12. MIL-LON-BA/IB-BCN-SCL
13. MIL-LON-BA/IB-MAD-BUE-IB/LA-SCL
14. MIL-LON-BA/IB-MAD-GYE/LIM/MVD/UIO-IB/LA-SCL
15. MIL-LON-BA/IB-MAD-IB-SCL
16. MIL-LON-BA/IB-MAD-RIO/SAO-IB/LA-SCL
17. MIL-LON-BA/IB-MAD-SAO-IB/LA-SCL
18. MIL-LON-BA/IB-MAD-SCL
19. MIL-MAD-BA/IB-LON-BUE-IB/LA-SCL
20. MIL-MAD-BA/IB-LON-GYE/LIM/MVD/UIO-IB/LA-SCL
21. MIL-MAD-BA/IB-LON-IB-SCL
22. MIL-MAD-BA/IB-LON-RIO/SAO-IB/LA-SCL
23. MIL-MAD-BA/IB-LON-SAO-IB/LA-SCL
24. MIL-MAD-BA/IB-LON-SCL
Old Oct 16, 2020, 12:58 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
IPC is EUR 600 more...

** ADDONS FOR INFORMATION ONLY **
FARE--RT
PUBLISHED AMOUNT CONVERTED AMOUNT
ADDON CITIES F/B CUR VIA NUC
ADDON ORG MIL-ROM N***** EUR 0.00 EUR 0.00
ATP ZONE 100 ADD-ON TARIFF AARBSAT/961
PUBLISHED ROM-SCL RNNN5O EUR 154.00 EUR 154.00
ADDON DST SCL-IPC N***** EUR 598.00 EUR 598.00
ATP ZONE 201 ADD-ON TARIFF WARBSAT/969

EUR CONVERTED TO USD USING BSR 1 EUR - 1.17721579 USD

Old Oct 16, 2020, 1:33 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Anybody can get creative with routing?
Old Oct 16, 2020, 1:50 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

Originally Posted by Deckter

Thanks for your help.
This site recomends booking through BA instead as their coronavirus policy is much more generous.
Deckter likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Keter
IPC is EUR 600 more...
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Anybody can get creative with routing?
Unfortunately no more TP on LA flights.
So it's pretty much worthless to add extra stops because they are mainly operated by LA.

Last edited by flymuc; Oct 16, 2020 at 2:04 am
Old Oct 16, 2020, 2:26 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

It looks like Montevideo (MVD) also works for 800 EUR.

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en#flt=/m/06c62.MVD.2021-01-09*MVD./m/06c62.2021-01-13;c:EUR;e:1;sc:b;sd:1;t:f

Last edited by danielflyer; Oct 16, 2020 at 3:12 am
Old Oct 16, 2020, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Keter
Its an unlimited transfers fare but i cannot price a transfer/ stopover in South America. Anyone can? Added: got my mistake - cannot have BA marketed flight to LON first, have to be an IB flight,
So the Transatlantic must be IB by the fare rules but as far as I saw the only extras you can get is by routing via LIM which isn't that useful. Everything else makes the price go up to 1300 or more. As far as I saw I couldn't find any IB marketed flights in europe that were run by IB from airports that worked for this fare.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry
This site recomends booking through BA instead as their coronavirus policy is much more generous.
Yes but then you are stuck in a situation where if something does go wrong you will be bounced around between the airlines as they try to blame each other about fixing the problem. This has happened to me having had experienced this with IB before. The canceled a flight and then didn't want to help because Latam owned the ticket even if they were JV on that route.
tropikey likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.