Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] IB: MXP to SCL from €723

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] IB: MXP to SCL from €723

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2020, 8:12 am

Yes, I booked the flight using BA.com.

AMAZINGLY: this fare is showing up over Xmas as well. That is an absolutely a steal for the holidays.

Look, this isn't the world's greatest J product, we all know that. And maybe we don't get as many miles in our favourite program as we would like. But even so...
jfkeze and Flying Yazata like this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Peru is also available per VFT...
Here is a sample with a week in SCL and a week in LIM, all IB except SCL-LIM

I think Guayaquil and Quito are also options. Galapagos, anyone?
Old Oct 16, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by gregorio1
Yes, I booked the flight using BA.com.

AMAZINGLY: this fare is showing up over Xmas as well. That is an absolutely a steal for the holidays.

Look, this isn't the world's greatest J product, we all know that. And maybe we don't get as many miles in our favourite program as we would like. But even so...
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I doubt Chile will be open by Xmas.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Am I right that if this it bought on the BA website (for IB and maybe LA flights) it will be covered by the BA 'travel with confidence' policy, so can cancel for 100% refund as a BA future travel voucher? If so, I might be tempted...

Any experience of how changes/cancellations will be handled by BA? I have had good experience in the past with IB, offered changes when there is even a small schedule change.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by justin1123
Am I right that if this it bought on the BA website (for IB and maybe LA flights) it will be covered by the BA 'travel with confidence' policy, so can cancel for 100% refund as a BA future travel voucher? If so, I might be tempted...

Any experience of how changes/cancellations will be handled by BA? I have had good experience in the past with IB, offered changes when there is even a small schedule change.
Currently you can benefit from the Book With Confidence, in that you can choose to cancel for full value back in a Future Travel Voucher. If any of the legs are cancelled in the itinerary, you can ignore the offered change and call up for an actual cash refund no questions
Old Oct 16, 2020, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, AF Platinum,TK and A3 Gold
Hi
any help getting a stop over in Rio or sao paulo?
Old Oct 16, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Prιsidentielle
Originally Posted by overlander_sk
I've bought the Easter Island over the Easter for 1350 EUR, but shortly after I got the confirmation, there was an email that SCL-IPC-SCL flights are cancelled. So beware.
Okay, good to know. I'm also ticketed for IPC at the end of March and I could see there's obviously a bunch of other FT'ers also on the same MAD-SCL, based on how seats were reserved. I didn't get my usual 1. row! I didn't opt for a longer stay at the cava bar of Sala Velαzquez at MAD T4S, since it maybe closed, even if the trip would go ahead. Sala Dalν is okay, but still.

Originally Posted by gregorio1
This, very much this. The price is awesome in all scenarios (pure IB or with some LA legs) and it's better than the usual 2200-4000 € pricing, depending on what one booked now. Sitting in Y to IPC with LA is dire based on experiences I've read online, so I'm happy, if my trip materialises, since the RTW option is no longer doable.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 10:17 am

To get the non-IB leg LIM-SCL in the middle, I have to book this on an OTA, correct? IB/BA sites don't seem to be able to do that.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Maayan
To get the non-IB leg LIM-SCL in the middle, I have to book this on an OTA, correct? IB/BA sites don't seem to be able to do that.
Correct. Haven't been able to price anything else than IB on airlines websites. So Latam flights on OTA's. This makes me out of the game.
Maayan and Slunko like this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 2:06 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Aeroflot Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Peru is also available per VFT...
Here is a sample with a week in SCL and a week in LIM, all IB except SCL-LIM

Check out around $9,900, issue on multi
Perisai likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FB Plat
you can book it with expedia multi-city search for $900ish
jfkeze likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 4:07 pm

I will skip this one but for those hesitant, you can book it via BA holidays with a 300EUR deposit.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 5:03 pm

Trying to book this with first segment FCO-MAD (27 March) followed by MAD-SCL (21 August) and SCL-FCO (28 August) - prices up fine on the IB website but I can't seem to get the same journey on BA. Anyone else had any luck booking a journey like this via BA?
Old Oct 17, 2020, 3:34 am

Programs: FB Gold, SAS Gold
Use BA Holidays.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 3:39 am

Wonder what all the fuss about IPC for >1300 EUR is when SCL-IPC alone can typically be bought with POS in Chile for less than 370 EUR.
jfkeze and newflyer530 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.