Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] IB: MXP to SCL from €723

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] IB: MXP to SCL from €723

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2020, 3:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Prιsidentielle
Originally Posted by flymuc
Unfortunately no more TP on LA flights.
So it's pretty much worthless to add extra stops because they are mainly operated by LA.
Ah, that attitude... That attitude... Yes, there's of course no other reasons to travel than collecting TPs for BAEC. And when you've finished collecting X TPs, you probably sit back in Euro Traveller on the company dime.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 3:40 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
I booked with Iberia Italy and they sent me with this information in the confirmation email:

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR TICKETS SOLD IN ITALY

The passenger who has missed his first flight or could not take it for any reason, but would like to take the return flight or the rest of legs as originally booked without any change of the fare or surcharge, has to inform IBERIA as soon as possible and in any case no later than:

• 24 hours starting from the time of the scheduled departure of the first segment; or
• if the departure time of the return flight falls within the 24 hours from the first segment, 2 hours before the departure.

The passenger shall call exclusively the following toll-free hotline (+39) 02 913 87 051 or send an email to [email protected] and provide the following information:

• Reservation code/locator
• The no-showed flight number and departure date; and
• The name of the passenger/s within such reservation that was/were unable to fly
• Express his/her will to use the return flight or the rest of legs, as applicable

IBERIA will issue a new electronic ticket for the remaining itinerary and the check-in shall be performed on the IBERIA’s website (if available) or at the airport.

Failing to call within such a timeframe, IBERIA shall be entitled to ask for the payment of the difference between the original ticket purchased and the highest fare in the same class/compartment applicable to the modified itinerary at the time of ticket reissuance, always subject to still having an available seat on the flight in question.
Iberia (IB) RNNN5O VCE to SCL
Spoiler

Iberia (IB) RNNN5O SCL to BLQ

Spoiler

Maayan, jfkeze and Flyingfares like this.

Last edited by thanaset; Oct 16, 2020 at 6:36 am Reason: Added: Fare Rules
Old Oct 16, 2020, 3:45 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Ah, that attitude... That attitude... Yes, there's of course no other reasons to travel than collecting TPs for BAEC. And when you've finished collecting X TPs, you probably sit back in Euro Traveller on the company dime.
Well let's be honest. With how travel is right now. For me to take the extra risk that some country does not open up on time, I would look for some kind of sweetener. LATAM 787 product on a 3 or 4 hour flight isn't something to fall over for. You get more TP and avoid by just taking the MAD-SCL without speaking of the fact that you cut out the risk of denied entry into countries.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry
This site recomends booking through BA instead as their coronavirus policy is much more generous.
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
Yes but then you are stuck in a situation where if something does go wrong you will be bounced around between the airlines as they try to blame each other about fixing the problem. This has happened to me having had experienced this with IB before. The canceled a flight and then didn't want to help because Latam owned the ticket even if they were JV on that route.
I also can't see any way of getting this to appear with BA? BA.com bounces all legs through LHR, Google Flights won't give me the option for BA and Powertools won't land.

End of calendar is also an issue for pushing the long haul legs as far into SH spring as possible.

Last edited by etiene; Oct 16, 2020 at 4:34 am
Old Oct 16, 2020, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I can't get this fare now, I'm getting quoted some huge amount when I click through the links above.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 4:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Prιsidentielle
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
Well let's be honest. With how travel is right now. For me to take the extra risk that some country does not open up on time, I would look for some kind of sweetener. LATAM 787 product on a 3 or 4 hour flight isn't something to fall over for. You get more TP and avoid by just taking the MAD-SCL without speaking of the fact that you cut out the risk of denied entry into countries.
Okay, let's be honest then.

Pro primo: ~600 € for a return to IPC is now a steal in C with LA, taken they've left OW and thus no longer IPC is a bucket list destination for executing RTW tickets via South America. The ordinary price is about the double and close to Y prices from SCL.
Pro segundo: Rapa Nui/Isla de Pascua/Easter Island is an awesome destination and I didn't need to think many minutes should I try to go or not. Since LA left OW, I have pretty much not expected to visit it anytime soon, since it's been a RTW stop on my wishlist.
Pro tertio: Well, it's not super special in C with LA, but tell that to all those who've drooled over FRA-MAD with LA. However it does beat their Y.
Pro quattro: I at least haven't stopped booking normal trips and digged my head into the sand. None of us know when things will become more normal again. The show must go on. And TPs aren't the only thing in this world. E.g. if I can make it to IPC with this fare, then I will consider myself lucky, even though I need absolutely 0 TPs this membership cycle due to extensions.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 5:18 am

Programs: OWE
I was planning to book SCL + GRU (and then hop on a low cost to Rio) for August, but ultimately gave up.
Under £700 in business is phenomenal, but 1. too complicated / too many countries involved, 2. can't book direct with the airline and 3. already too many flights on hold,2 being the real deal breaker.
Good luck to those who jump on it.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 5:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Great fare.

But I am not booking anything to a locked country, and departing from Italy these days.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 5:51 am

If I have to cancel the outbound and pay the 125 USD penalty on this (but can still fly the inbound), will I get half the fare back?
Old Oct 16, 2020, 6:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Interestingly, contrary to RNNN5O fare rules, the confirmation email quotes:
Change
Allowed at any time with a penalty of €60, except in the case of not showing up for the flight (no-show), which does not allow change
refund (in each direction)
Allowed at any time with a penalty of 90€, except in the case of not showing up for the flight (no-show), which does not allow reimbursement
Old Oct 16, 2020, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
I can't get this fare now, I'm getting quoted some huge amount when I click through the links above.
I was able to get 365 EUR each way on BA.com. Dates over Easter 2020. Departing MXP.

Darned good fare for that time of year.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by gregorio1
I was able to get 365 EUR each way on BA.com. Dates over Easter 2020. Departing MXP.

Darned good fare for that time of year.
Damn, I haven't thought of issuing it on BA stock! :/
Old Oct 16, 2020, 7:29 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Okay, let's be honest then.

Pro primo: ~600 € for a return to IPC is now a steal in C with LA, taken they've left OW and thus no longer IPC is a bucket list destination for executing RTW tickets via South America. The ordinary price is about the double and close to Y prices from SCL.
Pro segundo: Rapa Nui/Isla de Pascua/Easter Island is an awesome destination and I didn't need to think many minutes should I try to go or not. Since LA left OW, I have pretty much not expected to visit it anytime soon, since it's been a RTW stop on my wishlist.
Pro tertio: Well, it's not super special in C with LA, but tell that to all those who've drooled over FRA-MAD with LA. However it does beat their Y.
Pro quattro: I at least haven't stopped booking normal trips and digged my head into the sand. None of us know when things will become more normal again. The show must go on. And TPs aren't the only thing in this world. E.g. if I can make it to IPC with this fare, then I will consider myself lucky, even though I need absolutely 0 TPs this membership cycle due to extensions.
I've bought the Easter Island over the Easter for 1350 EUR, but shortly after I got the confirmation, there was an email that SCL-IPC-SCL flights are cancelled. So beware.
tiamsanit likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
just booked less than a minute ago still tons of availability
Old Oct 16, 2020, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Peru is also available per VFT...
Here is a sample with a week in SCL and a week in LIM, all IB except SCL-LIM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.