Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BR: BNE-AMS $849 usd

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] BR: BNE-AMS $849 usd

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2020, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
depends what is defined as "change to 1st flight coupon"

Is change of date for 1st flight "change to 1st flight coupon"?
yes my understanding is that first flight coupon is the first sector on booking. As long as that does not change, other changes should be possible for free but happy to hear from experts
Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:28 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Harko
yes my understanding is that first flight coupon is the first sector on booking. As long as that does not change, other changes should be possible for free but happy to hear from experts
Yup that is more or less how this fare worked. You had to have the first segment in a specific date frame. In this case it was a couple of weeks in December. After that flight could be mismatched as you like. For example you can take the first flight from BNE to Taipei after which you can make long stopovers and such. That stopovers also could be taken I'm BKK. And the same could be done one the way back.
As it was booking into C it seems that it has very flexible rules.
Basically it is after the first segment is flown all the other segment can be scattered thought the duration of the tickets validity.
robbo755 and z4017 like this.

Last edited by NextWhiteDeath; Jul 6, 2020 at 6:44 am
Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
[Deleted]
BCNforever likes this.

Last edited by danger; Jul 6, 2020 at 8:28 am Reason: Delete
Old Aug 9, 2020, 2:40 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Well booking looks intact!

Now to run down the COVID clock ...
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:14 am

My booking is also still intact even though my flight date, 28th December, is now no longer in schedule.
Looks like they are only flying twice a month in December?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 6:25 am

Programs: LH*HON, UA*1K,
Originally Posted by Croupier
My booking is also still intact even though my flight date, 28th December, is now no longer in schedule.
Looks like they are only flying twice a month in December?
The flight is only 0 in all classes but not cancelled yet. Thats a tactic to manipulate the number of refunds they are receiving. They know already they won't operate but if they cancel the flight now everyone will ask for a refund...
Old Sep 16, 2020, 7:20 pm

Programs: Alaska
Just received flight cancellation notice from EVA that my flight BNE-TPE is cancelled.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:12 pm

Does any one manage to change dates free of charge due to flight cancellations?
Old Sep 17, 2020, 3:26 am

Looks like my flight just got cancelled 😬
Old Sep 17, 2020, 9:49 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by freed0m
Just received flight cancellation notice from EVA that my flight BNE-TPE is cancelled.
update:
received email from expedia AU that no alternative is provided by Eva. refund takes up to 12 weeks to original form of payment.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 2:14 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Got the same email as freedOm.

I was really hoping they would offer a date change.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 2:25 am

No email yet but booked with gotogate, I called them but the are pretty useless, i asked for a date change to the flight on the 26th of December and they told me that there is no EVA flight on that day which at this point is BS...
Old Sep 19, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by k_sheep
Got the same email as freedOm.

I was really hoping they would offer a date change.
As the flight routing touches the EU on the way back wouldn't EU261 apply and you would have the choice of picking a rerouting at a later date or does them giving a refund, just nullify the other choices?
Old Oct 4, 2020, 7:42 pm

I still haven't been officially notified of a cancellation yet from either gotogate or Eva Air.

I spoke to gotogate and they said they can initiate a refund but cannot guarantee i will get the full amount refunded?

interesting that my trip in manage my booking shows now as a one way AMS-BNE confirmed with ticket numbers?

I've emailed Eva but no response yet.

Any suggestions on my situation appreciated.

Last edited by Croupier; Oct 4, 2020 at 7:48 pm
Old Oct 4, 2020, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
As the flight routing touches the EU on the way back wouldn't EU261 apply and you would have the choice of picking a rerouting at a later date or does them giving a refund, just nullify the other choices?
Coming to this a bit late... but no... as EVA isn’t an EU carrier, there would be no ticket or reservation for EU261 to ‘attach’ to... the ticket would be cancelled ex Australia, and nothing to hang EU261 on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.