Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SFO-CDG AC August $1290 biz with 1 stop in Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SFO-CDG AC August $1290 biz with 1 stop in Canada

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2020, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by canadiancow
UA was charging an inappropriate YQ ($437.80 instead of $1337.80) for AC-operated flights marketed by UA.

It was never bookable through AC's site, and it's now $900 more through UA.

But the "fare" (starting at $700 round-trip to most destinations) is absolutely still available.
Ah, this explains it. I didn't notice the consistent $900 differential amount across all routes, but in general I thought it was attributable to someone with fat fingers at UA.

Last edited by dkc192; May 20, 2020 at 4:16 pm
Old May 20, 2020, 4:31 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by dkc192
Ah, this explains it. I didn't notice the consistent $900 differential amount across all routes, but in general I thought it was attributable to someone with fat fingers at UA.
That is the most likely explanation. Being wrong by $900 does feel like a weird number to fat finger.
Old May 20, 2020, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Yeah, I'm too late. Only can book on UA site, but with codeshares, so not much PQP

1. Will Americans be able to enter France or any of the EU in August without any kind of quarantines?

2. Do PQPs matter this year, given that status has been extended to Jan 2022?
Old May 20, 2020, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wco81
2. Do PQPs matter this year, given that status has been extended to Jan 2022?
Yes, if you're trying to achieve a higher status than what you currently have, or are trying to "requalify" to earn PlusPoints (UA upgrade instruments/currency).
Old May 20, 2020, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by wco81
1. Will Americans be able to enter France or any of the EU in August without any kind of quarantines?
Let me get my crystal ball...
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dkc192
Yes, if you're trying to achieve a higher status than what you currently have, or are trying to "requalify" to earn PlusPoints (UA upgrade instruments/currency).
The PlusPoints are my main motivation. I'm about 4k PQP away so a quick $1200 trip would be worth the 280 PP imo.
Hope another deal like this surfaces this year.
Old May 20, 2020, 7:54 pm

The PlusPoints are my main motivation. I'm about 4k PQP away so a quick $1200 trip would be worth the 280 PP imo.
Same here. UA flights are just a bad deal for PQP as good as that sale was!
Old May 21, 2020, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Wow I don't think I would take a TATL flight with connections for PQP and UA status given the safety concerns due to COVID. Maybe a speculative booking for October but certainly not this summer.

$1200 is a great deal for biz class - I paid $2k RT for SFO-CDG which seemed like a good deal when I bought it last year. Of course it was all refunded as the flights were cancelled, and AC flights are not equivalent to a Polaris nonstop on UA.
Old May 21, 2020, 1:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Wow I don't think I would take a TATL flight with connections for PQP and UA status given the safety concerns due to COVID. Maybe a speculative booking for October but certainly not this summer.

$1200 is a great deal for biz class - I paid $2k RT for SFO-CDG which seemed like a good deal when I bought it last year. Of course it was all refunded as the flights were cancelled, and AC flights are not equivalent to a Polaris nonstop on UA.
Not just safety but if EU countries are banning entry by non-EU residents and citizens in August, what happens, you don't get past Customs and you wait in the airport until the next return flight?
Old May 21, 2020, 4:26 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
IMO there is NO CHANCE that Schengen borders will be open to non EU travellers until after the summer.
You just won't be allowed to board the flight to Europe.
Old May 21, 2020, 6:02 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KATERGOO
IMO there is NO CHANCE that Schengen borders will be open to non EU travellers until after the summer.
And possibly not the flight to Canada either - don't forget that the US-CAN border closure was just extended until June 21st, and if US cases keep trending it'll probably remain closed longer. Don't forget it's also the law to wear masks on Canadian airlines, now.
Old May 21, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
While not as enticing as $1200, I did see LX flights for around $1600 including LAX-ZRH nonstops
Boraxo likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
i wouldnt make such definitive calls now - look at Greece June 15 opening plans...
mileageking likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 12:09 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by azepine00
i wouldnt make such definitive calls now - look at Greece June 15 opening plans...
Greece plan is to open for EU and Israel and MAYBE to counties wheres not much infected(how they will decide these, who knows??)
Old May 21, 2020, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Also read in that thread that you have to provide a certificate that you tested negative within 72 hours of the flight to Greece.

Not sure how workable that is.

Also said that any meals on flights to/from Greece must be prepackaged meals?

Even with cheap J fares, that would kind of suck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.