Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Japan Airlines Yvr to Dps for $1178 CAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Japan Airlines Yvr to Dps for $1178 CAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2020, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by flycal312
So I booked the JAL option from YVR on cheapoair (was booking fast as I could). Cot a confirmation -and it ticketed in business but in the middle of the night got updated to coach. The JAL site still shows business. Did this happen to any of you?
Probably just Cheapoair thinking that X class is coach instead of discount biz?
Old May 1, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
Does anyone have the fare rules for the AA fare (I fare) ex-Mexico? Highly appreciated!
Old May 3, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan,Alaska,Airmiles
Originally Posted by xfisgsm
Probably just Cheapoair thinking that X class is coach instead of discount biz?
Happened to me too. When I check JAL site with my booking confirmation, it shows business class.
Old May 5, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: Alaska, United, American, Singapore
Thoughts on everyone's bookings staying in place? I haven't heard a thing and ticketing is all still confirmed. Safe to say it's good to go?
Old May 5, 2020, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by anthonyparkersd
Thoughts on everyone's bookings staying in place? I haven't heard a thing and ticketing is all still confirmed. Safe to say it's good to go?
Seems like we might be good actually.

Don't think too many people got in on this one with how quickly it was pulled. Plus, with everything else going on, I bet the airlines would much rather take the money and worry about other problems

This has been a fun one!
Old May 7, 2020, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jona970318
Seems like we might be good actually.

Don't think too many people got in on this one with how quickly it was pulled. Plus, with everything else going on, I bet the airlines would much rather take the money and worry about other problems

This has been a fun one!
Agreed, glad I happened to check FT at just the right time. Now, here's hoping travel to Bali (through Canada and Japan) in August will be feasible.
Old May 7, 2020, 1:46 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by anthonyparkersd
Based on historical error fares the Japanese carriers would honor error fares, so JAL is very likely honoring these tickets.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 8:28 am
Suspended

Has anyone had any issues with their booking?

I had YOW-PHL-LAX-HKG-DPS booked on American Airlines (last segment is with Cathay) and one day, I logged into my AA account and noticed the YOW-PHL/PHL-YOW segments were gone. Didn't receive any notifications. I called AA and they said there was nothing they could do so I'd have to find my own way to PHL or cancel and get a refund. I escalated this to a supervisor who thankfully booked me on a United flight right away so now I am doing YOW-ORD-LAX-HKG-DPS.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 8:34 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mcbg1
Has anyone had any issues with their booking?

I had YOW-PHL-LAX-HKG-DPS booked on American Airlines (last segment is with Cathay) and one day, I logged into my AA account and noticed the YOW-PHL/PHL-YOW segments were gone. Didn't receive any notifications. I called AA and they said there was nothing they could do so I'd have to find my own way to PHL or cancel and get a refund. I escalated this to a supervisor who thankfully booked me on a United flight right away so now I am doing YOW-ORD-LAX-HKG-DPS.
I haven’t had any issues with my YYZ-DPS ticket, but I’ve had lots of tickets where segments would just disappear (when AA cancelled them) without getting any notice. Sometimes they would get rebooked automatically, sometimes they would only get rebooked after I called or contacted AA Via Twitter (they’ve never refused to rebook). Did AA stop service to YOW entirely?
Old Jun 25, 2020, 9:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by absoluy
I haven’t had any issues with my YYZ-DPS ticket, but I’ve had lots of tickets where segments would just disappear (when AA cancelled them) without getting any notice. Sometimes they would get rebooked automatically, sometimes they would only get rebooked after I called or contacted AA Via Twitter (they’ve never refused to rebook). Did AA stop service to YOW entirely?
They told me YOW-PHL was dropped until April. My trip is in March. They said I could wait and maybe it would be back earlier but the agent I spoke to wasn't very helpful. She basically just wanted me to cancel. Good thing I insisted to speak to a supervisor as I was re-booked within 5 minutes of talking to him. I tried to get him to route me through JFK on Cathay but that was a no lol.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 11:25 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
They told me YOW-PHL was dropped until April. My trip is in March. They said I could wait and maybe it would be back earlier but the agent I spoke to wasn't very helpful. She basically just wanted me to cancel. Good thing I insisted to speak to a supervisor as I was re-booked within 5 minutes of talking to him. I tried to get him to route me through JFK on Cathay but that was a no lol.
Well weren't you trying to be ambitious with the CX flight via JFK 🤣
Old Jun 25, 2020, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
Well weren't you trying to be ambitious with the CX flight via JFK 🤣
I learned it never hurts to ask but yeah, the odds were not in my favour haha.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 4:03 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
I learned it never hurts to ask but yeah, the odds were not in my favour haha.
Oh for sure. You will always be surprised what can happen if you ask nicely. As well as just the luck of who you get on the other end because some people can make miracle happen.
Praise the CS reps and supervisor who know there stuff.
​​​​​
mcbg1 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
I tried to get him to route me through JFK on Cathay but that was a no lol.
I'm praying for a schedule change or cancellation that would let me start in JFK and take the A32T to LAX. And, in an ideal world, use miles and copay to upgrade JFK-LAX-HKG to F (although AA F to HKG isn't really any better than J (and in some ways it's worse!).
Old Jun 25, 2020, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by absoluy
I'm praying for a schedule change or cancellation that would let me start in JFK and take the A32T to LAX. And, in an ideal world, use miles and copay to upgrade JFK-LAX-HKG to F (although AA F to HKG isn't really any better than J (and in some ways it's worse!).
It'll be my first time flying long haul in biz with AA. Hopefully it's a decent experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.