Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Japan Airlines Yvr to Dps for $1178 CAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Japan Airlines Yvr to Dps for $1178 CAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2020, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bocastephen
for anyone who booked this ex YYZ/YUL or JFK on AA can you post the fare construction from your ticket including the tax breakdown and fare construction line? I was booking these and they got pulled, but I have a waiver to reinstate the fare, but all the fare details were deleted from the GDS
Through DFW and HKG
Old Apr 29, 2020, 6:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25k, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
for anyone who booked this ex YYZ/YUL or JFK on AA can you post the fare construction from your ticket including the tax breakdown and fare construction line? I was booking these and they got pulled, but I have a waiver to reinstate the fare, but all the fare details were deleted from the GDS
I hope I am posting this this right, ex YYZ:

Adult (per passenger) $1,053.00 CAD CARRIER-IMPOSED FEES $163.20 CAD PASSENGER FACILITY CHARGE (UNITED STATES) $6.30 CAD US APHIS USER FEE (UNITED STATES) $11.20 CAD US CUSTOMS USER FEE (UNITED STATES) $16.60 CAD US FEDERAL INSPECTION FEE (UNITED STATES) $19.60 CAD US SECURITY FEE (UNITED STATES) $15.80 CAD AIF - CANADA EXCEPT ON/NS/QC/NB/NF/PE (CANADA) $25.00 CAD CANADA AIR SECURITY CHARGE (CANADA) $25.91 CAD HST - NEW BRUNSWICK/NEW FOUNDLAND/LABRADOR (CANADA) $3.25 CAD AIR PASSENGER DEPARTURE TAX (HONG KONG) $43.60 CAD AIRPORT CONSTRUCTION FEE (HONG KONG) $61.60 CAD AIRPORT PASSENGER SECURITY CHARGE (HONG KONG) $18.20 CAD PASSENGER SERVICE CHARGE (INDONESIA) $20.40 CAD Total $1,483.66 CAD per person
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by gokeeper
Thank you! this is a JAL ticket, so they won't do a waiver - only AA will offer us the option to force an expired fare
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:27 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Thank you! this is a JAL ticket, so they won't do a waiver - only AA will offer us the option to force an expired fare
There was a matching AA Fare also:

[KVS Tool 9.8.1 - Routing Rules: YYZ-DPS/AA/INX08FN0/*]
Code:
YYZDPS-AA 29APR20      *RULE DISPLAY*     TARIFF 0003 RULE P102 

-FARE BASIS         CAD       NUC                PTC  FT  GI 
INX08FN0        R   1023.00    760.93               ADT  EX  PA 
INX08FN0CH      R    767.00    570.70               CNN  EX  PA 
INX08FN0CH      R    767.00    570.70               INS  EX  PA 
INX08FN0IN      R    102.00     76.09               INF  EX  PA 
INX08FN0        R   1023.00    760.93               UNN  EX  PA 
INX08FN0/SEAT   R   1023.00    760.93               OTS  EX  PA 
INX08FN0        R   1023.00    760.93               SRC  EX  PA 

BOOKING CODES        I                                          

INDUSTRY FARE TYPE - BX - BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION              
MPM - PA 11852 VIA PACIFIC

---------------------------------------------------------------

ROUTING MPM  MPM TRVL PERMITTED
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Please check post #91
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:45 pm

This is the first fare deal like this I've jumped on so I want to make sure I understand what I'm getting myself into before the Priceline 24 hour free cancellation window passes.

The Fare conditions on the Priceline website don’t match the rules for XNW08FN0 posted by xfisgsm above. There are no change or cancellation fees listed in the fare rules on Priceline. The ticket is JL 131x

Specifically these two lines are missing -

CHARGE CAD 500.00 FOR CANCEL/NO-SHOW/REFUND

CHARGE CAD 400.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION

Can I assume the fare rules are identical? If not I would need to contact Priceline for the correct change/cancellation fees?

I paid ~ 1165 CAD all in - is it safe to assume that any date change will reprice radically higher?

If so it seems one is risking 500 CAD in order to have an incredible deal for a fixed travel date. In that case I’m willing to roll the dice even with the unknowns surrounding the COVID-19. Thanks.

Last edited by Slickw; Apr 29, 2020 at 7:46 pm Reason: formatting
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by gokeeper
Please check post #91
Thank you!
Old Apr 29, 2020, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Slickw
This is the first fare deal like this I've jumped on so I want to make sure I understand what I'm getting myself into before the Priceline 24 hour free cancellation window passes.

The Fare conditions on the Priceline website don’t match the rules for XNW08FN0 posted by xfisgsm above. There are no change or cancellation fees listed in the fare rules on Priceline. The ticket is JL 131x

Specifically these two lines are missing -

CHARGE CAD 500.00 FOR CANCEL/NO-SHOW/REFUND

CHARGE CAD 400.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION

Can I assume the fare rules are identical? If not I would need to contact Priceline for the correct change/cancellation fees?

I paid ~ 1165 CAD all in - is it safe to assume that any date change will reprice radically higher?

If so it seems one is risking 500 CAD in order to have an incredible deal for a fixed travel date. In that case I’m willing to roll the dice even with the unknowns surrounding the COVID-19. Thanks.
What does the "Penalties" section say under the fare rules in Priceline's website?

Also, for all of you who booked with JAL, JAL has a 24 hour cancellation policy that you can find here (this is on their CA site): https://faq-ar-en.jal.co.jp/app/answ...id/26214/kw/24. I'm not too concerned with the 500 CAD cancellation fee since I'm sure that there will be schedule changes on my April booking that will allow me to refund this fare for free, especially during these turbulent times. I've made certain that DOT rules will apply by routing my return thru the US with a stopover.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
This was one of rare cases where SF beat FT by a few hours.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 6:56 am
Suspended

How can I find my fare rules with AA? I booked YOW-DPS via PHL-LAX-HKG and I'd like to know if I can change my booking to include a one night stop over in HK on my way down.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by mcbg1
How can I find my fare rules with AA? I booked YOW-DPS via PHL-LAX-HKG and I'd like to know if I can change my booking to include a one night stop over in HK on my way down.
#64 has the AA fare rules.

REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT WHEN TKT WAS ISSUED PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO 1ST FARE COMPONENT 2. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 3. AA/JL/QF ANY FARE TYPE EXCEPT EOU/ERU ARE USED 4. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 5. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT

It seems like you won't be able to reprice using historical fares based on my interpretation of that block. At most you would be able to reprice the return segments once HKG-LAX is flown, although I'm not sure if AA treats Canada as INTL.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 11:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by xfisgsm

REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT WHEN TKT WAS ISSUED PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO 1ST FARE COMPONENT 2. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 3. AA/JL/QF ANY FARE TYPE EXCEPT EOU/ERU ARE USED 4. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 5. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT

It seems like you won't be able to reprice using historical fares based on my interpretation of that block. At most you would be able to reprice the return segments once HKG-LAX is flown, although I'm not sure if AA treats Canada as INTL.
Hmmm in this case, I'll just keep my booking the same. I have a stopover on my way back home so that'll be enough to get a taste of the city.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 11:58 am

What does the "Penalties" section say under the fare rules in Priceline's website?

Also, for all of you who booked with JAL, JAL has a 24 hour cancellation policy that you can find here (this is on their CA site): https://faq-ar-en.jal.co.jp/app/answ...id/26214/kw/24. I'm not too concerned with the 500 CAD cancellation fee since I'm sure that there will be schedule changes on my April booking that will allow me to refund this fare for free, especially during these turbulent times. I've made certain that DOT rules will apply by routing my return thru the US with a stopover.
Here's what it says - there are no $ values stated anywhere.

Penalties
E COMPONENT IS BEING CHANGED
THE HIGHEST PENALTY FEE OF ALL CHANGED FARE
COMPONENTS WITHIN THE JOURNEY APPLIES.E COMPONENT IS BEING CHANGED
THE HIGHEST PENALTY FEE OF ALL CHANGED FARE
COMPONENTS WITHIN THE JOURNEY APPLIES.

Voluntary Changes (check penalties)
ENTER RD*31 OR RD‡LINE NUM*31 FOR VOLUNTARY CHGS.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum

Indeed, after putting the booking on hold on AA.com, I called and attempted to add a stopover in HKG and it blew up the thru fare, no dice. At least we have an 18-hour overnighter on the way back, so we can enjoy the city a bit.

I also attempted to apply value of a canceled AA ticket to payment, not possible due to CX segments in the booking (despite all AA flight numbers).
Old Apr 30, 2020, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG
So I booked the JAL option from YVR on cheapoair (was booking fast as I could). Cot a confirmation -and it ticketed in business but in the middle of the night got updated to coach. The JAL site still shows business. Did this happen to any of you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.