Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Japan Airlines Yvr to Dps for $1178 CAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Japan Airlines Yvr to Dps for $1178 CAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Do you know what made you eligible to push it out to the end of the ticket validity? I’ve been told I can only push my tickets by two weeks from my booked travel dates.

Also, is your reason for giving up and getting a refund that you’re not being offered routings for HK (/DPS) on any other carrier, or that you just don’t see yourself being able to travel to Indonesia by early May?
Well I had been told that the Fare Rules made the ticket flexible for a year after the purchase date.

My reasoning for the refund is that my only other option is to push it back to May 6th (probably to have the flight cancelled again and keep being in limbo). It'll be consistent problem so ideally I would want to push it back 6+ months but that's not going to happen.

Likewise, I don't foresee either Hong Kong nor Bali opening to non-residents anytime soon.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Good option for those of you who are like me and want to try to actually fly this once Indonesia re-opens -

It took about 3 hours but I finally got two Expedia tickets changed with JAL to an open status - anyone wanting to do the same needs to call the OTA and either do a 3-way call with the airline or HUCA until you get a decent rep that actually calls the airline instead of arguing that the ticket is open on OTA side. The third ticket that I booked direct with JAL was changed in less than 5 minutes.

Per JAL, tickets must be re-ticketed by 3/31/31 with travel completion by 7/10/21, or can cancel without penalty before 3/31/21 for a full refund.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 1:35 pm

This information is bringing some hope that Bali will open to vaccinated travellers soon -
https://www.traveloffpath.com/plans-...lth-protocols/
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:10 am

Today is last day to cancel and get a refund? While I would like to keep the ticket, Bali opening up for us by july 10th is highly unlikely. Any other recommendations on keeping the ticket instead of a refund?
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA *G
I decided to cancel. Slim chance Indonesia will fully open by July, let alone my one week stopover in Tokyo.

As a small consolation, I should make a ~10% profit from Forex (CAD to USD) with my refund.
iamanil likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
If anyone is still holding Expedia tickets and needing to cancel, don't bother calling in. Nearly 6 hours waiting on the phone today and never connected to a person. Much quicker to go the chat route. Push back when they offer a credit unless you really want a credit with JL.
Old May 19, 2021, 11:55 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
I'm just curious... was there anyone at all who actually got to fly this fare? Like idk... an Indonesian citizen who was stationed in Toronto at the start of COVID, and somehow managed to transit USA, Japan, Jakarta, etc?
Old May 27, 2021, 10:20 pm
vji

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
I'm just curious... was there anyone at all who actually got to fly this fare? Like idk... an Indonesian citizen who was stationed in Toronto at the start of COVID, and somehow managed to transit USA, Japan, Jakarta, etc?
I still have one active - was booked for April but they cancelled flights, now booked for June (cancelled by JL again) and they say under new policy can book until Nov 10. Haven't reticketed yet.
Old May 28, 2021, 7:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
I have a friend that went YVR NRT DPS in March. No issues. You be of the easier places to get to.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 4:08 pm
vji

I called to rebook to Oct as my June flights got cancelled. But GA no longer had CGK-DPS availability anymore in that fare class (and the rep said they couldn't downgrade me to economy on that segment). So changed to YVR-NRT-CGK instead.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:22 am

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Got mine pushed out to April 2022 in Business, after spending 6.5 continuous hours on call with Priceline to get this to work. But ultimately everything pushed through, keeping J on the JL segments and Y on the GA flights from CGK to DPS.
benjinito likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA G, SQ G,UA S, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by swgsword
Got mine pushed out to April 2022 in Business, after spending 6.5 continuous hours on call with Priceline to get this to work. But ultimately everything pushed through, keeping J on the JL segments and Y on the GA flights from CGK to DPS.
Do you still have the ticket parked in April? Mine is booked through AA on JL-MH, and AA refuses to extend beyond March 31.
Agent says the ticket is only OK until March 31, 2022, per covid policy, and they can't downgrade KUL-DPS to Economy, and I have to stay in J, which MH is not offering much availability.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Ah, I'd forgotten this fare... it was the last truly remarkable premium cabin error fare I've booked (and later had to refund). Thought about the Brazil ones but they were pre-vaccine so I didn't go...
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by jeffreier
Do you still have the ticket parked in April? Mine is booked through AA on JL-MH, and AA refuses to extend beyond March 31.
Agent says the ticket is only OK until March 31, 2022, per covid policy, and they can't downgrade KUL-DPS to Economy, and I have to stay in J, which MH is not offering much availability.
Yeah it's still parked in April... not sure what the new policies are though, will have to give JAL a call to get the current waivers in place.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 6:43 pm

So, I have the flights in a week... and technically with a e-visa one could enter Indonesia via Jakarta. However, there was a schedule change on the return that makes CGK-NRT occur after NRT-YVR. The ticket was originally booked with Priceline, but JAL confirmed I can change the flights to my desired dates (pushing the trip to May) -- only that Priceline can do it. They've left the remarks on my record with the approved flights.

Fine, makes sense. But I've spoken to Priceline 4 times now and each time they've insisted the ticket has been purged from their system because it's been over 18 months, and that they cannot do anything.

I will call JAL again to explain but does anyone have insights on:
1. JAL technically has the ability to take over a OTA ticket, right? It's just that they won't
2. If worse comes to worse, does JAL has control of the ticket on the day of departure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.