Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] WY: DXB/NBO/CAI/ZNZ - AKL US$540++ one-way (Biz)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] WY: DXB/NBO/CAI/ZNZ - AKL US$540++ one-way (Biz)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2020, 5:23 pm

Nearly 3 weeks past after they adjusted the fare from ZRH and still no cancellations
There was only one detail changed under "View booking" today: The (empty) baggage rules disappeared.
At MH page there is still no seat map deposited though when searching to purchase a ticket KUL-AKL it display seat map.
Seems to be only available from DOH at this low price at the moment.

Last edited by faq me; May 3, 2020 at 5:32 pm
Old May 3, 2020, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by faq me
Nearly 3 weeks past after they adjusted the fare from ZRH and still no cancellations
There was only one detail changed under "View booking" today: The (empty) baggage rules disappeared.
At MH page there is still no seat map deposited though when searching to purchase a ticket KUL-AKL it display seat map.
They can faq you anytime
Old May 3, 2020, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Same here. Active, ticketed, able to select seats for first two but not final Malaysian leg to AKL. With that said I can pull up last two legs on the Malaysian Air site and can change seats of the middle WY leg (oddly), but cannot choose seats on last leg (as you posted). So the ticket is live and in good standing on both sites.

I have read elsewhere they can change out and fly at the last minute a different plane on that leg. Either just too far out to choose seat or they know the seat chart will not be correct and don't let you choose. No idea...just spitballing.

So yes, looks like it's still a "GO" unless something else goes wrong. Crazy little itinerary at a crazy deal price for us traveling nutters...lol.
Old May 3, 2020, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Same here. Active, ticketed, able to select seats for first two but not final Malaysian leg to AKL. With that said I can pull up last two legs on the Malaysian Air site and can change seats of the middle WY leg (oddly), but cannot choose seats on last leg (as you posted). So the ticket is live and in good standing on both sites.

I have read elsewhere they can change out and fly at the last minute a different plane on that leg. Either just too far out to choose seat or they know the seat chart will not be correct and don't let you choose. No idea...just spitballing.

So yes, looks like it's still a "GO" unless something else goes wrong. Crazy little itinerary at a crazy deal price for us traveling nutters...lol.
malaysia airlines does not allow seat selection or online Chekin on codeshare flights marketed by another carrier. Hence have to wait for the surprise seat allocation during checking at the airport
turbofanblade likes this.
Old May 3, 2020, 6:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Harko
malaysia airlines does not allow seat selection or online Chekin on codeshare flights marketed by another carrier. Hence have to wait for the surprise seat allocation during checking at the airport
Wow, odd, and sucky! Thanks for datapoint.
Old May 4, 2020, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Another datapoint - Flew a WY "deal" last year and they were quite good. No issues. 787 has a nice hard product.
Old May 5, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black

New Zealand PM: No open borders for 'a long time'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-52540733

Report also says there will be open borders only between Australia and NZ - and most visitors to NZ do come from Australia.
minz56 likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 3:41 am

Fare gone, paka paka.
Old May 7, 2020, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
They can faq you anytime
That's true
Originally Posted by Croupier
Fare gone, paka paka.
That's not true
From DOH still available Sep-Mar. But still have to pay attention for the codeshare on the last leg.
Old May 12, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
That's true

That's not true
From DOH still available Sep-Mar. But still have to pay attention for the codeshare on the last leg.

DOH fare also gone
Old May 25, 2020, 3:53 am

Today I have recieved a mail from WY which states that it was an error in fare filing...

Sometime one wins, sometimes one loses:

„We regret to inform you that due to a genuine error in fare filing, the wrong booking class ‘R’ (Business Cabin) was associated to your travel itinerary instead of the correct booking class ‘L’ (Economy Cabin) which figures clearly in the Fare basis issued ‘LELOCH21’.
As the fare construction is for a travel in Economy cabin, we offer you the below options:
· Reissue the itinerary with the correct booking class "L" – Economy class.
· Reissue the itinerary in Business Class ‘R’ by paying the difference in fare of ‘CHF 1992.70’.
· Reissue as Return flight in either cabin by paying the difference in fare. Change penalty will be waived.
· Reroute to another Oman Air destination. Difference in fare to be paid (if applicable). Any change penalty will be waived.
· A travel voucher with the value of the ticket(s) issued valid for one year from date of issuance to be used for future travel.
· Refund of total ticket(s) value as of 21Oct20.“
Old May 25, 2020, 4:10 am

Programs: *Gold, ST Elite, OW sapphire
Originally Posted by elpuerto
Today I have recieved a mail from WY which states that it was an error in fare filing...

„We regret to inform you that due to a genuine error in fare filing, the wrong booking class ‘R’ (Business Cabin) was associated to your travel itinerary instead of the correct booking class ‘L’ (Economy Cabin) which figures clearly in the Fare basis issued ‘LELOCH21’.
As the fare construction is for a travel in Economy cabin, we offer you the below options:
· Reissue the itinerary in Business Class ‘R’ by paying the difference in fare of ‘CHF 1992.70’.
· Reissue as Return flight in either cabin by paying the difference in fare. Change penalty will be waived.
· Reroute to another Oman Air destination. Difference in fare to be paid (if applicable). Any change penalty will be waived.
· A travel voucher with the value of the ticket(s) issued valid for one year from date of issuance to be used for future travel.
refund of ticket value as of oct 2020???
Old May 25, 2020, 4:33 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by elpuerto

When is your flight? I have not got any email yet but my flight is in March 2021.
I will choose the refund option by filing the chargeback to AMEX and include this email as the proof!
Old May 25, 2020, 4:40 am

Programs: *Gold, ST Elite, OW sapphire
Fun is over

Ooo...Man....
Old May 25, 2020, 4:42 am

Is there any mistake fare regulation in the EU/EEA? Or does the EU261 apply with 75% refund for downgrade?
I am booked for Oct 11 and have not yet received such an email from WY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.