Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): QR: JFK/PHL to KBP ( Kiev, Ukraine ) from +$1600 r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): QR: JFK/PHL to KBP ( Kiev, Ukraine ) from +$1600 r/t

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2020, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tfizzle
Can anyone post an active link? google flights just seemed to stop including QR flights as an option.
Thanks
The deal is gone - QR pulled all fares from the US to Kiev.
raporot likes this.
Old May 19, 2020, 3:03 pm

Sorry if the answer is obvious, but this is my first time dealing with QR... If my flight to Kyiv was in the group that was canceled a few weeks ago (Aug/Sept date), can I still take advantage of the rebooking policy now shown on the website? My original cancellation email only gave me the option for a voucher +10% value or refund. The refund was requested but hasn't processed yet. However, I'd be very interested in keeping the ticket at the fare I paid and rebooking for a later date, or even alternate destination if necessary. The rep at the 1-877 number couldn't give me any helpful information about rebooking.
Old May 19, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by BthanM8
Sorry if the answer is obvious, but this is my first time dealing with QR... If my flight to Kyiv was in the group that was canceled a few weeks ago (Aug/Sept date), can I still take advantage of the rebooking policy now shown on the website? My original cancellation email only gave me the option for a voucher +10% value or refund. The refund was requested but hasn't processed yet. However, I'd be very interested in keeping the ticket at the fare I paid and rebooking for a later date, or even alternate destination if necessary. The rep at the 1-877 number couldn't give me any helpful information about rebooking.
No worries about the question. For this policy the main point is that the ticket was bought by September 30 2020. So you should be able to take advantage of this policy as you purchased the ticket before the deadline. Even besides this policy postponing a ticket is almost always an option as you are entitled to a full cash refund in the case of cancellation. They would always rather rebook you into the future and keep the cash then to refund you. As your ticket originates in the US it is covered under DOT guidelines.
Old May 19, 2020, 3:44 pm

@BthanM8: Confirmed, in case of involuntary changes you have 4 options, of which what you are asking is the first the linked document references - https://www.qatarairways.com/content...s%20v1.7.2.pdf
Old May 19, 2020, 9:04 pm

Hi sorry if my question is an obvious answer as well, but I booked JFK-ATH back in Feb. when they were running a deal (flight is in august). I booked into R outbound, and I return. How hard is it to find I & R fares to change my flight to route to PEK or BKK? I want to get to shanghai but its just outside of the 5000 mile limit. Want to know what you guys think of my chances? Thank you for your help!
Old May 19, 2020, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Benny Fillo
Hi sorry if my question is an obvious answer as well, but I booked JFK-ATH back in Feb. when they were running a deal (flight is in august). I booked into R outbound, and I return. How hard is it to find I & R fares to change my flight to route to PEK or BKK? I want to get to shanghai but its just outside of the 5000 mile limit. Want to know what you guys think of my chances? Thank you for your help!
From what I saw those bucket more or less have been currently restored. If you give some date In would run a search for you. Of course this can all change without notice as week don't know what they will do next .
Old May 19, 2020, 11:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by sayanroysr
I booked my ticket shortly after QR announced their "Travel with Confidence" policy which specifically mentioned there would not be any fees for date changes. Now I see they have modified their policy to allow rebooking only within the same RBD, otherwise a fare difference will apply. They have clearly changed their policy after I purchased my ticket.
Sorry I haven’t been keeping up so they changed it further to have to be in the same fare bucket?
Old May 20, 2020, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Sorry I haven’t been keeping up so they changed it further to have to be in the same fare bucket?
Yes after the initial flood. They zeroed out lower buckets to buy themselves time. After restoring the buckets they changed rules for voluntary changes to the ticket needing to be at least 14 days old and the rebooking has to be in the same fare bucket
Old May 20, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by Benny Fillo
You can search for R avalibility and rebook. But outside 5000mls will not work.
Old May 20, 2020, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by denkigroove
You can search for R avalibility and rebook. But outside 5000mls will not work.
Even within 5000 miles they’re not honoring someone reported not being allowed to change DPS and Jakarta
Old May 20, 2020, 2:42 pm

Thank you all. I tried the 1-877 number again and the rep was much more helpful this time. He changed Kyiv to Bangkok with no issues. (I checked for R class dates in advance- decent availability in December.)
Old May 20, 2020, 2:56 pm

Thank you all. I tried the 1-877 number again and the rep was much more helpful this time. He changed Kyiv to Bangkok with no issues. (I checked for R class dates in advance- decent availability in December.)
Good to hear that it worked out. It does look like it a bit of HUCA. As even with the more generous policy it took me 3 tries to get the destination changed as agents just weren't up to date. I imagine now it even harder as there are specific needs for Fare buckets to be the same
Old May 21, 2020, 7:21 pm

What’s the 1877 number?
Old May 23, 2020, 6:36 am

Sending another to BKK... has anyone gotten any other SE Asian destination successfully from Kiev? Feel free to PM me if you don’t want to post in public.

Last edited by NWplatinum; May 23, 2020 at 6:55 am
Old May 23, 2020, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Sending another to BKK... has anyone gotten any other SE Asian destination successfully from Kiev?
Most likely not as almost all other destinations in SEA are more then 5000 mile from KBP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.