Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2020, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I think Amex is generally quite tough with chargebacks at the moment.
I’m glad I paid with my Chase card.
I paid with Chase (CSR) and tried to chargeback. I heard nothing from Chase for 23 days, then got a "we're researching your dispute" form letter but still nothing else so far.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 2:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
That’s what I got from Amex. Guess there have simply been too many chargebacks now...
Old Jun 6, 2020, 3:06 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
That’s what I got from Amex. Guess there have simply been too many chargebacks now...
There is a high chance of it there being a high amount of charge backs which limits how fast banks can respond as well as airline being slower with answering the bank about these kind of inquiries as they also are lacking manpower. Of course then you also have Amex France example and there being specific delays and problems to help AF
Old Jun 7, 2020, 12:33 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by freed0m
May I know when your ticket was reissued back to 006 stock? Is it after you requested refund? By Delta or Priceline?

Thanks.
After Delta changed my domestic segments
Old Jun 7, 2020, 2:39 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by Jma12
After Delta changed my domestic segments
interesting. Did you ask for change of your domestic segments or Delta cancelled yours?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 2:05 am

Due to the coronavirus (covid-19) situation, many countries around the world have decided to implement restrictive entry measures on their territory on very short notice. Air traffic is hence highly impacted.

For this reason, your flight has been cancelled and rerouting options are currently limited.
If we find a new flight available, we will send you the proposed solution by email, SMS or through the AF App.
If you have booked your ticket directly with Air France, you can change it via our airfrance.com website.
If you no longer wish to travel, we recommend that you cancel your booking on our website.
For tickets purchased through a travel agency, please contact your agency.

We will handle all requests as soon as possible. Even if you didn’t get any answer from us before your initial flight, be sure that your requests will be taken into account.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and be assured that Air France's priority is to ensure the health and safety of its customers and staff in France and around the world.

We hope you will understand the exceptional nature of the situation.

my email today
Old Jun 10, 2020, 2:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Ijones027
Due to the coronavirus (covid-19) situation, many countries around the world have decided to implement restrictive entry measures on their territory on very short notice. Air traffic is hence highly impacted.

For this reason, your flight has been cancelled and rerouting options are currently limited.
If we find a new flight available, we will send you the proposed solution by email, SMS or through the AF App.
If you have booked your ticket directly with Air France, you can change it via our airfrance.com website.
If you no longer wish to travel, we recommend that you cancel your booking on our website.
For tickets purchased through a travel agency, please contact your agency.

We will handle all requests as soon as possible. Even if you didn’t get any answer from us before your initial flight, be sure that your requests will be taken into account.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and be assured that Air France's priority is to ensure the health and safety of its customers and staff in France and around the world.

We hope you will understand the exceptional nature of the situation.

my email today
What month are you travelling? Have both sectors been cancelled? Had you already been downgraded?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by danger
What month are you travelling? Have both sectors been cancelled? Had you already been downgraded?
August 11 only the Paris flight is canceled at least on af website delta still shows confirmed. Who hasnt been downgraded yet am I missing something I dont know
Old Jun 10, 2020, 2:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Ijones027
August 11 only the Paris flight is canceled at least on af website delta still shows confirmed. Who hasnt been downgraded yet am I missing something I dont know
At least one member reported being downgraded but being successful in being reinstated to F. I don't know if that stuck.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 2:29 am

At least one member reported being downgraded but being successful in being reinstated to F. I don't know if that stuck.
I thought he said he got downgraded again hes name was Ronald or something anyways it's bizzare to me they canceled my flight two months in advance
Old Jun 10, 2020, 11:29 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Refund datapoint:

Nothing short of a nightmare.
Same like all - 006 ticket changed to 057 and downgraded.

1. Contacted Expedia for refund (form reply stating error fare and to contact Delta)
2. Contacted Delta by phone and iMessage ("business and first are the same, no downgrade occurred so no refund due" & "i can cancel the ticket but not refund")
3. Contacted Delta Executive office for assistance (agreed to refund tickets, but said refunds could take 30 days)
4. At 45 days, filed DOT complaint for slow refund
5. DOT refused case saying ticket was non-refundable.
6. Denial letter for refund received from Air France stating to contact Delta for refund (apparently Delta Exec office initiated refund through AF)
7. Replied to Exec office after 50 days of no refund, and they agreed to cut me a check.

All-in-all, probably one of the worst refund experiences I've faced.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Refund datapoint:

Nothing short of a nightmare.
Same like all - 006 ticket changed to 057 and downgraded.

1. Contacted Expedia for refund (form reply stating error fare and to contact Delta)
2. Contacted Delta by phone and iMessage ("business and first are the same, no downgrade occurred so no refund due" & "i can cancel the ticket but not refund")
3. Contacted Delta Executive office for assistance (agreed to refund tickets, but said refunds could take 30 days)
4. At 45 days, filed DOT complaint for slow refund
5. DOT refused case saying ticket was non-refundable.
6. Denial letter for refund received from Air France stating to contact Delta for refund (apparently Delta Exec office initiated refund through AF)
7. Replied to Exec office after 50 days of no refund, and they agreed to cut me a check.

All-in-all, probably one of the worst refund experiences I've faced.
That sounds absolutely awful. Do you have any idea where they were getting the 'it's a non-refundable ticket' line from?
​​
Old Jun 10, 2020, 8:01 pm

That sounds absolutely awful. Do you have any idea where they were getting the 'it's a non-refundable ticket' line from?
​​
Tickets got rebooked into Z class. It's non-refundable business class. So if you don't look into the original ticket it would seem like it's a non-refundable fare. Seeking refund according to DOT guidelines is just something AF said in an email afterwards. The new ticket doesn't include such terms.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 8:06 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
Tickets got rebooked into Z class. It's non-refundable business class. So if you don't look into the original ticket it would seem like it's a non-refundable fare. Seeking refund according to DOT guidelines is just something AF said in an email afterwards. The new ticket doesn't include such terms.
There was an email from KLM, which states passenger can request full refund because of filing error.
Whether Z class or not, should not matter, right?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m
There was an email from KLM, which states passenger can request full refund because of filing error.
Whether Z class or not, should not matter, right?
Generally it should as you have a communication from the airline that says you can receive the refund in accordance with DOT rules.
In reality the ticket says non-refundable so people don't look more into if not pressed. As everyone has way too much on there hands

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.