Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:00 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by freed0m
Maybe Delta will just re-ticket it back to F since it is so messy.
🤣🤣🤣
If that would happen I would start believing in humanity but fat chance of it happening
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum, OZ Diamond, AC Prestige25K
OTA contacted Delta to get a refund for me. Credit issued back onto my card already. Booked through Lucky2Go.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 2:14 am

Programs: *Gold, ST Elite, OW sapphire
Called AF and was told same thing. unable to touch it as its booked with OTA
Old Apr 4, 2020, 2:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by pmdg7444
Called AF and was told same thing. unable to touch it as its booked with OTA
it will be a mess to get in touch with Priceline...
Delta also told me it has to be done with Priceline to issue the refund.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 3:35 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by canadavid
it will be a mess to get in touch with Priceline...
Delta also told me it has to be done with Priceline to issue the refund.
I find it so so strange that there is no way to cancel the tickets by email. All KLM/Air France/Delta/OTA had to do was add a line stating that if you want to cancel, please let us know by email and we will keep you updated.

I really do not want to call the airlines/OTA during a pandemic...
Old Apr 4, 2020, 3:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
If I were them, I’d also make sure the tickets would be hard to refund...
Old Apr 4, 2020, 4:54 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by gnargel
I find it so so strange that there is no way to cancel the tickets by email. All KLM/Air France/Delta/OTA had to do was add a line stating that if you want to cancel, please let us know by email and we will keep you updated.

I really do not want to call the airlines/OTA during a pandemic...
It is not that bad to reach to AF today. I call almost daily now Air France Czech number and the call is answered within 3 minutes any time of their opening time. You can call from Skype, shouldn't touch your pocket much.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter
It is not that bad to reach to AF today. I call almost daily now Air France Czech number and the call is answered within 3 minutes any time of their opening time. You can call from Skype, shouldn't touch your pocket much.
I think getting the airlines themselves on the phone isn't too hard as many people buy tickets from TA they refer them forwards if it's for refunds. As they have cancelled most of there flights for over a week now the initial rush is over for other questions. They most likely have also increase the call centers by some amount
Old Apr 4, 2020, 6:25 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Only two DOT complaints? I am surprised
Old Apr 4, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by 747jetter
I’ll try to call Priceline later today and I will let you know how it went 😏
Old Apr 4, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by gnargel
I’ll try to call Priceline later today and I will let you know how it went 😏
no need mate...

at the end it was risk you were willing to take. I would be in the first place to get on board of LP for this price but did the math and going through TA these days on a fare which is most likely going to be downgraded / canceled....hope PL has some nice waiting music in the background. I love the BA one!
Old Apr 4, 2020, 5:28 pm

Programs: Alaska
  • Class of Service Change - A passenger is entitled to a refund if the passenger was involuntarily moved to a lower class of service. For example, if the passenger purchased a first-class ticket and was downgraded to economy class due to an aircraft swap, the passenger is owed the difference in fares.

per DOT regulation, we can get refund with involuntary downgrade. How is the refund calculated?

anyone has any idea?

Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 7:16 pm

per DOT regulation, we can get refund with involuntary downgrade. How is the refund calculated?

anyone has any idea?

Thanks.
As this is below average fares even for business class. It will be a hard sell to receive any compensation on this rule. EU 261 is more pro-consumer on this point.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 7:28 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
As this is below average fares even for business class. It will be a hard sell to receive any compensation on this rule. EU 261 is more pro-consumer on this point.
actually I am more interested in about whether refund can be enforced through DOT. Can involuntary downgrade be reason for refund?

DOT seems have more teeth about cash refund than EU.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
actually I am more interested in about whether refund can be enforced through DOT. Can involuntary downgrade be reason for refund?

DOT seems have more teeth about cash refund than EU.
The DOT refund rules won't do anything since the cheapest J fare is still higher than this fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.