Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: AF La Premiere, Algiers to USA $472.05 one-way

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:10 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by GS1000
Stupid question: My seat is still showing as 1A and La Premiere but in the flight description it says business. No chance of getting lucky, correct?
No, they would just randomly assigned you a seat in business class at check it or at the gate. I have been reseated at the gate because of a "misprint" different situation of course
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Weird. For one of my four bookings, I just received three emails:
1. Another “raw-text” itinerary that looks like it was pulled right from the GDS
2. Another HTML e-ticket email from Air France, in French
3. A third email from the “KLM Customer Service Desk” signed “Airfrance” (sic) which also used the AF logo

The third email reads as follows:

“Due to a system error with a mistaken fare, your Delta ticket for travel on Air France in La Première/First Class which was recently purchased has to be cancelled.

You will be rebooked in Business Class for the same date and flight; alternatively, you may request a full refund of the fare paid, consistent with DOT guidelines and policy.

We apologize for this inconvenience.”

I guess I’ll need to check if there were any changes because the booking was downgraded before...
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
1. Another “raw-text” itinerary that looks like it was pulled right from the GDS
3. A third email from the “KLM Customer Service Desk” signed “Airfrance” (sic) which also used the AF logo

“Due to a system error with a mistaken fare, your Delta ticket for travel on Air France in La Première/First Class which was recently purchased has to be cancelled.

You will be rebooked in Business Class for the same date and flight; alternatively, you may request a full refund of the fare paid, consistent with DOT guidelines and policy.

I guess I’ll need to check if there were any changes because the booking was downgraded before...
Yep got the same while the DL PNR is gone, AF remains.. but when I pull up the booking on AF, the DL leg is "flown" for JFK to PDX
Now just waiting for DL to refund after my call couple of days ago. I guess it's gonna take a while to get the refund.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
Originally Posted by ctrlf
Bought my ticket with Priceline, then re-issued by Airfrance.

Airfrance (Austria) basically told me to get lost as Priceline is the seller of the ticket.

Messaged Delta and cancelled the ticket within 5 minutes.
No, call DL. It was sorted by calling DL in US.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:30 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Originally Posted by Shadowfactor
What did you say in order to achieve this ? Do you have status with delta/AF ?

I attempted to change it but they wanted the fare difference even though the fare rules are quite liberal.
Just asked why I was downgraded, the agent had to check with the AF helpdesk and told me it was a pricing mistake, asked about a date change which she agreed to. No status with skyteam.

Might just want to HUCA
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
edit: wrong thread

Last edited by aquanine; Apr 3, 2020 at 1:28 pm Reason: deleted
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold

I got the same email for my two booking...

Last edited by canadavid; Apr 3, 2020 at 10:54 pm Reason: Received for both booking
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:27 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by aquanine
I just changed the first leg BUD-AMS-LAX on 5/31 to BUD-AMS-MSP-LAX on 9/30 on Delta.com (booked via Delta.com originally too). I class. Did to maximize TP and to get Delta One Suite product (1-2-1) instead of KLM (2-2-2), and to ensure a short connection in AMS wouldn't cause issues.
Wrong topic i guess :!!!
chronicrelief likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
Just got the following email and another email (Amadeus travel document)
I already have a refund request pending since I cancelled my tickets a few days ago. Now it looks like the tickets are re-activated...

Dear Customer,
Due to a system error with a mistaken fare, your Delta ticket for travel on Air France in La Première/First Class which was recently purchased has to be cancelled.
We apologize for this inconvenience. If you have any questions in the meantime, you may Contact Us on Delta.com to help you in this matter.
Kind Regards,
Air France
Old Apr 3, 2020, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
I called DL, as the email from KLM said to do if you wanted to request a refund. Delta tried telling me I needed to call AF, I told them the email said to call DL and the rep finally agreed to reach out to AF who flatly refused to issue a refund. Submitted a chargeback with Amex and filed a DOT complaint, not going to spend hours dealing with morons on the phone - they can sort it out with Amex.
cfischer, JoeDENEYW and David7 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 5:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
That's ridiculous, the AF email explicitly offered a refund.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
That's ridiculous, the AF email explicitly offered a refund.
yup, and that email was attached as a PDF in both the dispute to Amex and the DOT complaint. But I dont have the patience to HUCA with hold times as they are now, I read the email to the rep including the fact the same email even states that the refund is allowed per DOT policy but they wouldn't budge.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 7:43 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Funny, just got the KLM customer service messages. I may end up with some TAP credits that will cover a flight from Northern Europe to west coast US and will probably opt for that and get this thing refunded now that we are on AF’s weak A380 business class product. Been trying to find an excuse to get to ALG since those IB fares to JFK that allowed routing through LAX but it’s just never been meant to be.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 8:44 pm

Programs: IC RA
Called Air France, they wouldn't touch it and said to call PL. PL won't take a phone call unless you are travelling within 72 hours. Trying to cancel online with PL tells you to call the airline. Called Delta, Rep was understanding and friendly, got AF on the phone. They told her they couldn't touch it as it was booked by a TA. Called back to AF , explained everything to the rep, he asked for the emails sent stating to contact for full refund. Sent him the emails, waited on hold for 20 minutes and he came back saying he couldn't refund anything because AF did not process any payment. On the phone with Chase now and will initiate a chargeback.

Edit: Chase hold time was pretty long so used the other phone to call PL. Went back and forth pressing 0 and 9 and finally got to a person. Relatively painless form there as he was bale to cancel and start the refund process. Overall 2 hours of my day gone, but those are the chances you take sometimes when booking these fares. On to the next one.

Last edited by Investor 11; Apr 3, 2020 at 9:46 pm Reason: Update
Old Apr 3, 2020, 9:03 pm

Programs: Alaska
Maybe Delta will just re-ticket it back to F since it is so messy.

one can dream.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.