Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): *A: CDG-BNE 1050eur rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): *A: CDG-BNE 1050eur rt

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2020, 4:17 am

Hey, as you can see I’m new here and I truly hope you can share some of your knowledge with me.

The flights I purchased are as suggested earlier in this thread: the first leg in June from Paris to Zurich and then the actual trip to NZ in September departing from Zurich. (Unfortunately), the first flight is confirmed to depart Paris on Friday June 16, LX645.

I am worried that if I take the first flight now, and the flights from Zurich to Singapore-Auckland will operate in September too, I lose the value of the ticket because foreigners are most surely not allowed to enter the country yet.

I am aware this might be a very specific question, but it would be greatly appreciated to get some insight from people with more experience than me in this regard.

Can you please advice?
Old Jun 17, 2020, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by soaringman
Hey, as you can see I’m new here and I truly hope you can share some of your knowledge with me.

The flights I purchased are as suggested earlier in this thread: the first leg in June from Paris to Zurich and then the actual trip to NZ in September departing from Zurich. (Unfortunately), the first flight is confirmed to depart Paris on Friday June 16, LX645.

I am worried that if I take the first flight now, and the flights from Zurich to Singapore-Auckland will operate in September too, I lose the value of the ticket because foreigners are most surely not allowed to enter the country yet.

I am aware this might be a very specific question, but it would be greatly appreciated to get some insight from people with more experience than me in this regard.

Can you please advice?
Hey there! I'm also pretty new here, so I'm not sure if I can be of much help.

But from what I gathered from reading multiple forums and even in this thread, it seems that if you take the first leg of a flight, changes on the remaining legs would follow the "historical fare" - the fare you purchased the flight at. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting it correctly, but if there is a similar fare class for your new dates once you fly the first leg, the changes on the remaining legs should not incur fare differences. Though I believe since it is a voluntary change, you'd still have to pay change fees.

I unfortunately did not save the fare rules for reference here, perhaps someone more experienced on this could offer some insight?
Old Jun 17, 2020, 2:38 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by soaringman

Can you please advice?
They will cancel anyway if you can not cross the border of your final destination.
andigoeskiwi likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 5:40 am

Thanks a lot for the replies. That is also my understanding regarding re-bookings, however several flights are still operating (even now already), though people from outside NZ/Australia cannot enter.

I spoke to Swiss about it and it seems that you can still re-book after you took the first leg, although they couldn't inform me about the remaining value of the ticket..
Old Jun 19, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
My flights were part cancelled, i finally found time to call LX.My ticket was issued by PL.

The agent was insisting:
1) I know where you need to call regarldess of the reason you call- the place you bought a ticket at. Me gently - f**k off. This is an involuntary case.
2) Sir the cancelled flights are not Swiss. Me gently - f**k off. The ticket is LX. There are cancelled and rescheduled LX flights too.

The purpose of the call was to keep the ticket alive and change later under involuntary provisions - the reason I called is that the policy from 20-MAY says no-show not permitted, so i wanted to be sure I do not violdate any policies. The agent said this no-show rule is actually applied flexibly, but i did not want to risk.
I asked the agent to cancel my remaining flights and this was done, there was a retention segment added by a robot aleady so there was no other action needed.
Will call in a half a year I guess. Fingers crossed LX does not go bankrupt

Thea agent was very polite though. I contacted a call center via Russian phone numbers if that matters.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 9:13 pm

Just called in to LX to open date my tickets. Agent did it without hesitation, reminded me that if my routes and fare classes are the same, there will be little to no fare difference (without me asking)
He told me "Once you are ready to rebook, you can reach out to Expedia for the change." I asked what if I am unable to reach Expedia, to which he replied "Then you can call us at SWISS and we will be able to rebook for you".
Will update in Aug when I get rebooked into my preferred dates.

Cheers
Old Jun 23, 2020, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by mfwcx
Just called in to LX to open date my tickets. Agent did it without hesitation, reminded me that if my routes and fare classes are the same, there will be little to no fare difference (without me asking)
He told me "Once you are ready to rebook, you can reach out to Expedia for the change." I asked what if I am unable to reach Expedia, to which he replied "Then you can call us at SWISS and we will be able to rebook for you".
Will update in Aug when I get rebooked into my preferred dates.

Cheers
I just did the exact same thing, no problems at all.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 4:54 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Granite64
I just did the exact same thing, no problems at all.
Just did the same since the original dates were coming close, called the Swiss UK number this time, got an agent (could not make out which centre), but initially she was reluctant to touch it and requested me to call the TA. After some pushing and discussion, was put on-hold and managed to get it open dated.
I seem to be getting always the wrong agents....

Anyway, let's hope that the rebooking process will be better without too much push back from their side as I think it is much easier to do it directly with Swiss.

btw: I noticed after this, when checking the reservation, it says the reservation has been deleted, is this correct?

Cheers!

Last edited by nldogbert; Jun 23, 2020 at 4:59 am
Old Jun 23, 2020, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Just did the same since the original dates were coming close, called the Swiss UK number this time, got an agent (could not make out which centre), but initially she was reluctant to touch it and requested me to call the TA. After some pushing and discussion, was put on-hold and managed to get it open dated.
I seem to be getting always the wrong agents....

Anyway, let's hope that the rebooking process will be better without too much push back from their side as I think it is much easier to do it directly with Swiss.

btw: I noticed after this, when checking the reservation, it says the reservation has been deleted, is this correct?

Cheers!
My CX and NZ segments are the only segments still left, LX segment are not showing on the LX website. Could be a bug but I don't really care as long as the ticket is alive
Old Jul 27, 2020, 9:26 am

After my flights are cancelled I tried to rebook flights to April 2021 with my TA (Amex Travel) and P class is available for the new flights. However the TA's rebooking request got repeatedly pushed back by Lufthansa saying a fare difference has to be paid. Even after I pointed out the document on Lufthansaexpert clearly stated "on involuntary basis (original O&D, no additional collection, no discount, no bonus" - a senior manager on Lufthansa's side still came back saying "no" with no explanation.

Any ideas on what I should do next?
Old Jul 27, 2020, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by zimne
After my flights are cancelled I tried to rebook flights to April 2021 with my TA (Amex Travel) and P class is available for the new flights. However the TA's rebooking request got repeatedly pushed back by Lufthansa saying a fare difference has to be paid. Even after I pointed out the document on Lufthansaexpert clearly stated "on involuntary basis (original O&D, no additional collection, no discount, no bonus" - a senior manager on Lufthansa's side still came back saying "no" with no explanation.

Any ideas on what I should do next?

HUCA.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:11 pm

Ticket is issued by Austrian. Tried calling Austrian many times now every single agent I spoke to refused to help and said I had to contact Amex Travel to get the new flights booked.
Amex Travel is saying the new itinerary has to be repriced according to Lufthansa trade support.

What are people's experience like with Austrian issued tickets?
Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by zimne
Ticket is issued by Austrian. Tried calling Austrian many times now every single agent I spoke to refused to help and said I had to contact Amex Travel to get the new flights booked.
Amex Travel is saying the new itinerary has to be repriced according to Lufthansa trade support.

What are people's experience like with Austrian issued tickets?
Should be the same as LX and LH I guess, they are part of the LH group.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 12:21 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Granite64
Should be the same as LX and LH I guess, they are part of the LH group.
Do agree that they are part of the LH group, but I do know that they still behave as separate entitity.. and I know OS customer service is not the best. I did not read my self, but it could be that OS has a different rebooking policy?
I myself still need to now provide my new dates to LX - will do that in the coming days I guess as my dates for next year are/should be open.
Cheers!
Old Aug 4, 2020, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Do agree that they are part of the LH group, but I do know that they still behave as separate entitity.. and I know OS customer service is not the best. I did not read my self, but it could be that OS has a different rebooking policy?
I myself still need to now provide my new dates to LX - will do that in the coming days I guess as my dates for next year are/should be open.
Cheers!
Same here, aiming for October

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.