Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): BUD & CPH - SIN with LOT for €550 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): BUD & CPH - SIN with LOT for €550 rt

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2020, 12:01 pm

Programs: LH FTL, QR Gold, EK Silver, Etihad Silver
Just to remind you, that if you reschedule LOT ticket, instead of cancelling it, you get a voucher for 30% discount for your next purchase. I don't know if it's sent automatically - I "reminded" the agent who I spoke to about that voucher and he said he would
forward my email to another department, who sends out the codes. I received the code today. And found a pretty good deal to use it - OSL-SIN in business normally costs approx 1500EUR. With the code it goes doen to around 1000EUR :-D
The code is valid until April 2021, so make sure to ask the agent about it while you rebook.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 9:49 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Just wanted to share.

Sent in the web form for ticket change on 25 Apr.

Automatically rebooked on 28 Apr, into D class.

Got the code automatically 30 Apr.

P.S: If you call in with an OTA booking, they will say talk to OTA. If you use the ticket change form, they'll just process it. After they process it, it is considered taken over by airline, and you can deal direct with LOT.
Travel-Quinten and fridgy like this.
Old May 22, 2020, 1:13 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
anyone will be changing the dates for the second time? I changed from march to july, but it looks like i will have to change it again.. im sure i will have to pay some fees, but what should i expect if i find the F(same class) fare dates availabile? o.o
Old May 22, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by fridgy
anyone will be changing the dates for the second time? I changed from march to july, but it looks like i will have to change it again.. im sure i will have to pay some fees, but what should i expect if i find the F(same class) fare dates availabile? o.o
for voluntary change, most likely fare difference.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 10:37 am

Does anybody manage to get a FULL refund? The fare rules are FASEY60 (I saved them), but I did not save the portion that discusses cancellation by LOT. Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2020, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Cancellation by the airline (INVOL) is not covered in the fare rules. If a flight is cancelled you have the right to cancel and receive a full refund (save for any fees to the OTA/TA for making the refund). Due to Covid-19 it may take some time to get the refund though.
Barkinpark likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 8:15 am
Original Poster

This might be helpful to anyone who booked through an OTA:

- End of April, LOT notified me of my cancelled flight and gave me options (refund, voucher, date change, route change) + 12 months to make a choice
- Last week, Expedia decided to cancel my whole booking & to request a refund from the airline (!)
- Today I called LOT. They confirmed Expedia cancelled the booking and that it could NOT be reinstated. After I explained I did not make any choice, the supervisor gave an OK to reinstate the booking and change the date (without payments).

Apparently, OTA's do automatically cancel bookings - even when a passenger did not agree to that. I found LOT to be helpful in this!
Old Jun 23, 2020, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
This might be helpful to anyone who booked through an OTA:
- End of April, LOT notified me of my cancelled flight and gave me options (refund, voucher, date change, route change) + 12 months to make a choice
- Last week, Expedia decided to cancel my whole booking & to request a refund from the airline (!)
- Today I called LOT. They confirmed Expedia cancelled the booking and that it could NOT be reinstated. After I explained I did not make any choice, the supervisor gave an OK to reinstate the booking and change the date (without payments).
Apparently, OTA's do automatically cancel bookings - even when a passenger did not agree to that. I found LOT to be helpful in this!
Thank you so much for this info.. Calling to my OTA now, its funny how airlines and OTAs are cancelling good/cheap/useful reservations but when it goes to reservations that i want to get rid of they always keep telling me otherwise haha
Travel-Quinten likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 8:33 am

I asked for a refund directly from LOT.com as I booked there. Still waiting for a refund.

I think customer service at LOT is pretty good overall, at least on board.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:01 pm

i believe all of us got cancelled itineraries... anyone tried rerouting the destination for free of charge due to cancellation? just asking.. the email states:
You have one year from the date of purchase of the original ticket to contact us to change your departure date free of charge. You can choose a new travel date for up to one year from the original flight date. If you choose this option, you will receive from us an additional code entitling you to a 30% discount on your next LOT trip.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 2:14 pm

For those asking for a full refund, have you got it yet? I asked for it in May and still haven't received it. Any insights about how to accelerate the process? Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 12:52 pm

I suggest to ask LOT on there messenger -> After my question about refund for other flight ( not this deal ) they speed up refund and I`ve got it in less the week.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 2:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Originally Posted by h.kucharczyk
I suggest to ask LOT on there messenger -> After my question about refund for other flight ( not this deal ) they speed up refund and I`ve got it in less the week.

Where can I find the LOT messenger ?
Old Sep 26, 2020, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by no_idea
Where can I find the LOT messenger ?
its facebook messenger app.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 3:03 am
Suspended

I had LOT rebook this fare for me in the spring. However, it certainly looks as if I won't be able to fly at the new date this December due to the entry restrictions.

Any recent experiences on rebooking this for a second time? What I have on my side is that LOT recently informed me of a 1.5h schedule change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.