Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by BigO72
I just booked via Iberia for the end of November. Paid 10 euro to hold the fare for 72 hours.

I was thinking I could give the return leg from Madrid to Rome a miss. Is there some rule that means you could drop the Rome to Madrid on the outbound?

The Iberia page specifically mentioned your ticket would be cancelled if you didn't turn up to the leg.
how did you hold for 72 hours? Is this on the IB site? Would be really useful for me!
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Unionruler
Look at the fares they've loaded to nearby destinations or even within Colombia...I hope after that you'll call a spade a spade. Also airlines are generally not in the business of selling business cheaper than economy.
Economy is still cheaper, 460€
Flying Yazata likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC, QATAR, Iberia, Avianca, Krisflyer, Virgin Atlantic, AirNZ
Yes. Its an option on the Iberia site with you book.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Tofino87
how did you hold for 72 hours? Is this on the IB site? Would be really useful for me!
Yes, it's an option on the Iberia site when you book direct.
Tofino87 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Hehe, look at the base fares. Possible they were trying to aim at the LH/LX fares and someone dropped a digit when filing these.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:48 pm

Does anybody have any working dates to Lima, preferably around October? Google Flights seems to find many, but none is available with OTAs.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:50 pm

the advice is not to hold it. Historically airlines tend to cancel those on hold regardless of the final decision they had on ticketed customers.
Just got myself a BLQ-MAD-BOG-MAD-VCE for June to connect to my AY HKG-HEL-BLQ, but if the situation persists then may drop it to MAD-BOG-MAD.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
I skipped this for the very reason that 7 days in Panama isn't exactly exciting. And not really in the mood for LIM and BOG now. I won't anyway need more BAEC TPs, as I won't be going for GGL yet.

Never the less, like I wrote elsewhere, I expect competitive fares will pop up within the next few months due to the global situation in relation to economy and COVID-19.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: British Airways
would love to grab one of these but my schedule is already full and no love around xmas or 2021.. happy booking to everyone!
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tsun
Does anybody have any working dates to Lima, preferably around October? Google Flights seems to find many, but none is available with OTAs.
Via Google Flights you can book with Cheapoair
Old Mar 6, 2020, 1:03 pm

It shows availability, but when you get to Cheapoair it displays fare as coach.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
No point in using OTA as you can book at same price on IB direct
Old Mar 6, 2020, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by beyounged
the advice is not to hold it. Historically airlines tend to cancel those on hold regardless of the final decision they had on ticketed customers.
Just got myself a BLQ-MAD-BOG-MAD-VCE for June to connect to my AY HKG-HEL-BLQ, but if the situation persists then may drop it to MAD-BOG-MAD.
Thanks for the tip. I've just confirmed my flights. FCO-MAD-BOG-MAD-FCO. Are you allowed to drop the first flight from FCO-MAD? I've not heard of that before but its been alluded too in this thread. (Apologies if its a well known thing. Just new to me)
Old Mar 6, 2020, 1:28 pm

its better to use OTA or IB website?
Old Mar 6, 2020, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by raporot
its better to use OTA or IB website?
Iberia. If there are issues later it’s always better to deal with the airline. With an OTA you’re going via the middle man.

Palmer
ubiest likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.