Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2020, 2:02 pm

Programs: DIAMOND in Life, but BA Gold, FB Plat
Tried to re-book BLQ-BOG for the first days of December and back after a few weeks. Booked with Iberia in March, Ticket was for August - and was cancelled . One agent said today - only voucher available, another checked the system and said there are no flights from Madrid to Bogota available or full. Any advice? Checked ITA Matrix and Iberia sites, availability there
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:29 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rim1
Tried to re-book BLQ-BOG for the first days of December and back after a few weeks. Booked with Iberia in March, Ticket was for August - and was cancelled . One agent said today - only voucher available, another checked the system and said there are no flights from Madrid to Bogota available or full. Any advice? Checked ITA Matrix and Iberia sites, availability there
The only working way is HUCA....
Rim1 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 3:30 am

Just spoke with a few agents - as my flights has been cancelled and hmm, not flown - the ticket itself is not valid anymore and I can only request a voucher for the same amount or money into my cc. Is anyone recently had this problem? 4 agents and similar - not the same story
tropikey likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 4:11 am

My flights have also been canceled. I haven't called them yet, so I don't know, what attitude will IB's agents have towards my booking, but the information you received from them seems to be strange, considering that even "Manage my booking" lists (at least in my case) one of options which is "change the date of your flights". In order to use this option it's necessary to call customer services.
Couple of weeks ago, I asked an agent, what choice would I have in case of cancelation of my flights and I was informed that I could move them up to one year ahead from the date of first original flight. Well, considering how unreliable information provided by IB is, now I have doubts if this information was correct

​​​​​​Rim1 did IB cancel all your flights, or only some of them? In my case, 2 out of 4 flights haven't been canceled yet.

Last edited by tropikey; Oct 15, 2020 at 4:52 am
Old Oct 15, 2020, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by tropikey
My flights have also been canceled. I haven't called them yet, so I don't know, what attitude will IB's agents have towards my booking, but the information you received from them seems to be strange, considering that even "Manage my booking" lists (at least in my case) one of options which is "change the date of your flights". In order to use this option it's necessary to call customer services.
Couple of weeks ago, I asked an agent, what choice would I have in case of cancelation of my flights and I was informed that I could move them up to one year ahead from the date of first original flight. Well, considering how unreliable information provided by IB is, now I have doubts if this information was correct

​​​​​​Rim1 did IB cancel all your flights, or only some of them? In my case, 2 out of 4 flights haven't been canceled yet.
I had only one flight. Mad-BOG and BOG-MAD segments have been cancelled on 18 June. BLQ-MAD time/date changed. Well, I found an email with my ref no on 8 June 2020 - I can ask for refund - as a voucher or can change flight dates until 31 June 2021.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 12:33 am

As regards voucher, has anyone applied for it? How long did you wait for an email with voucher. According to IB's website, it might take up to couple of days but I would appreciate information based on your personal experiences
Old Nov 3, 2020, 4:18 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Does anyone have experience of rebooking policy for these? I have VCE-MAD-BOG and return booked through Expedia, have some canceled flights in the itinerary now.

I have used Expedia chat a few times to check options and get a different response every time - from only refund to can change to any date in 2021! I'd like to know what the actual policy is so I don't waste time planning for something that won't be allowed! I'm sure with cancellation they can re-ticket - but what is the latest date for this, and can it be extended beyond the one year from first ticketing?
Old Nov 3, 2020, 4:28 pm
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
I had several calls with BA. So far no luck to extend to any date beyond the one year ticket validity. Each of our four segments has been canceled and re-scheduled by Iberia. So far we have not accepted any of the offers. However Iberia then just changed the itinerary without our approval. BA said once canceled would count as canceled as long as we did not agree to any new itinerary. But again, no re-schedule possible so far beyond ticket validity. They were very strong about this.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 11:47 pm

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Online you can change till 30/6/2021.(max till some days ago. Did it myself.

You can also get a voucher back. Cashback if have no idea.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Shl
I had several calls with BA. So far no luck to extend to any date beyond the one year ticket validity. Each of our four segments has been canceled and re-scheduled by Iberia. So far we have not accepted any of the offers. However Iberia then just changed the itinerary without our approval. BA said once canceled would count as canceled as long as we did not agree to any new itinerary. But again, no re-schedule possible so far beyond ticket validity. They were very strong about this.
Exactly the same here.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 4:25 am

In my case, after many calls following schedule changes and cancelations, on the 30th of October I finally connected with nice and helpful agent, who issued new tickets for second half of September 2021 (later dates were not available at this time).

By the way, may I suggest to continue discussion about rebooking here: IB's Coronavirus Rebooking Policy? This thread is a little hidden, while it refers now to subject which might be interesting also for users other than "beneficiaries" of this premium fare
Old Nov 4, 2020, 5:13 am

In my case, after many calls following schedule changes and cancelations, on the 30th of October I finally connected with nice and helpful agent, who issued new tickets for second half of September 2021 (later dates were not available at this time).

By the way, may I suggest to continue discussion about rebooking here: IB's Coronavirus Rebooking Policy? This thread is a little hidden, while it refers now to subject which might be interesting also for users other than "beneficiaries" of this premium fare
I assume you have an IB tkt (and not BA)
Old Nov 4, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold

For what it's worth, I called 5x just after my flights in September was canceled (around August) and all of the agents (presumably based out of Madrid told me that it's only bookable until June 30. I couldn't get anyone to budge to book one year out from original travel date. So I booked for next March, but it's unclear the situation. My flights have been changed since then by their scheduling 2-3 times in the meanwhile by a few hours to a few more minute changes.. etc etc. I'm still hoping to travel late next summer instead, so keeping an eye on whenever they shift that goal post from June 30 (I never accepted these 2-3x scheduling changes yet to keep that flexibility.)
Old Nov 4, 2020, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Sciamano
I assume you have an IB tkt (and not BA)
Correct, IB.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 9:45 am

HUACA works. Today I had a chat with the very competent female agent over the phone and my flight BLQ-Mad-BOG amended to end of Nov 2020 MAD-LHR-BOG – all in J with Iberia and Avianca (with a partial refund for BLQ-MAD segment not available!) and return mid Dec 2020 BOG-MAD-BLQ in R.. Well, a few weeks ago they cannot change anything anywhere saying my flight was cancelled and no way I can make changes L Happy with results!
toonomadic and andigoeskiwi like this.

Last edited by Rim1; Nov 4, 2020 at 9:47 am Reason: spelling mistake

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.