Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Old Jun 16, 2020, 12:25 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
Originally Posted by justflyaway
I have the same situation. Let me know what you find out
I gave BA a quick call - even though the agent could see that some of the flights were no longer on sale (i.e. zero'd out in all classes) he couldn't make any changes because the flights were still showing as operating - so he said we'll have to wait and see, and call back if/when the flights are actually cancelled.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Mine (late AUG) were actually cancelled - haven't called yet but rebooking online until June 2021 seems to be pretty straightforward.

Edit: booked directly with IB Italy btw
Old Jun 17, 2020, 7:30 am

Did you get rebooked in R class or also anything else?
Old Jun 17, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: Iberia Platinum, Marriott Titanium
I just received an email two days ago that my flight on Aug 22 has been cancelled. I called Iberia and they told I could rebook at any date until June 2021 with few exceptions (Christmas, Easter and some local holidays in Spain). I asked about the possibility of departing from Barcelona instead of Milan and they told me it probably would be accepted. I have to call back once I decide my new dates.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 12:55 am

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Originally Posted by Sciamano
Did you get rebooked in R class or also anything else?
I haven't rebooked yet, sorry if that wasn't clear. I can't really plan that far out so I'll keep it open as long as possible - might just end up cancelling but don't really want to loose this fare
Old Jun 18, 2020, 12:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold
In the same vein as nilsrtw: Does anyone know if it's possible to rebook after the original departure date has passed or is the possibility of changing dates forfeited by original departure time? Situation in Colombia isn't looking great at the moment and it's hard to know when it will peter out, or perhaps Iberia might extend rebooking possibilities to beyond June 2021
nilsrtw likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 8:12 am

It seems like Iberia have updated their rebooking policy for flight until end of year now.

My flights in September haven't been cancelled yet but it's possible for me to rebook for free
tropikey likes this.

Last edited by mylabel; Jun 30, 2020 at 8:35 am
Old Jun 30, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
Originally Posted by mylabel
It seems like Iberia have updated their rebooking policy for flight until end of year now.

My flights in September haven't been cancelled yet but it's possible for me to rebook for free
That sounds good. Could I ask where you saw that? I ask because the only references I could see on the website are still for flights departing up to 31 August. Does the waiver for your flights in September apply in the same way as those - i.e. one date change is possible without paying any fare difference, up to the end of June 2021?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by lewincg
That sounds good. Could I ask where you saw that? I ask because the only references I could see on the website are still for flights departing up to 31 August. Does the waiver for your flights in September apply in the same way as those - i.e. one date change is possible without paying any fare difference, up to the end of June 2021?
I found it in my booking, same waiver.

I will call Iberia later to see if I can change the destination. Colombia is pretty bad rn.

Last edited by mylabel; Jun 30, 2020 at 12:08 pm
Old Jun 30, 2020, 1:10 pm
Suspended

I found it in my booking, same waiver.
Looks like you can exchange for a voucher. What is the point of changing this fare for a voucher worth €500?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Stuttgart21
Looks like you can exchange for a voucher. What is the point of changing this fare for a voucher worth €500?
Voucher and rebooking, I couldnt take SS for the whole page but I can scroll down and just change a date of my flights
Stuttgart21 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Voucher and rebooking, I couldnt take SS for the whole page but I can scroll down and just change a date of my flights
Thanks for clarifying!
Old Jun 30, 2020, 3:39 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum

I will call Iberia later to see if I can change the destination. Colombia is pretty bad rn.
Would be curious to hear if you have any success with that. I have flights for October, but will definitely be rescheduling.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 6:20 am

I called Iberia today and they confirmed that it's possible to change the dates up to the end of June 2021. As I booked on britishairways.com, they said that they can't proceed and I have to contact BA. British Airways on the other hand allows changes up to end of April but it has to be within the ticket validity (so until March 5th). After that date, the fare difference has to be paid. Did any of you had more luck?
Old Jul 2, 2020, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by abielewi
I called Iberia today and they confirmed that it's possible to change the dates up to the end of June 2021. As I booked on britishairways.com, they said that they can't proceed and I have to contact BA. British Airways on the other hand allows changes up to end of April but it has to be within the ticket validity (so until March 5th). After that date, the fare difference has to be paid. Did any of you had more luck?
Had the same problem. Even after formal complaints they did not allow me to extend the ticket validity. So I couldnt change beyond that.
So got a cash refund.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.