Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARW GONE] LX HKG-ORD $1462 RT in J wide open to EOS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARW GONE] LX HKG-ORD $1462 RT in J wide open to EOS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2020, 2:31 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Dominicus
Z fare will increase to 1885USD RT soon, while the current fare will be downgraded to P and face more restrictions (e.g. no refund/change, and routing restricted to LX/LH)
Curious where would this guess come from. From professional point of view.
ThomasBrown likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 2:51 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
This fare, whether in Z or P, is now gone in GDS.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by airoli
This fare, whether in Z or P, is now gone in GDS.
Was trying to buy one more round trip... All gone now. The cheapest business fare now is 24,000 HKD, ticketed in P class.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:52 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Thanks! Method doesn't work for HKG-ORD, which is what I ended up booking
Aha, yes - I wasn't able to replicate it for the hub at all (including getting AC flights both ways), I could only find it at the outstations, and even some of them were only AC Y options, Never been to MSP, so figure I might as well visit someplace new on this trip!
pmarrsouth likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG
So for those of you who got this, are you planning to take it?

i have a trip in October that links up nicely with some award travel.

I figure as a 1k I should get around 50k miles, which is something. Also haven’t flown Swiss in a decade, so am leaning towards taking it.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1K; and a bunch of hotel statuses
Originally Posted by flycal312
So for those of you who got this, are you planning to take it?

i have a trip in October that links up nicely with some award travel.

I figure as a 1k I should get around 50k miles, which is something. Also haven’t flown Swiss in a decade, so am leaning towards taking it.
As another 1K, I'd choose LX J over Polaris in a heartbeat, not to mention Fauxlaris.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 4:31 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Dominicus
Z fare will increase to 1885USD RT soon, while the current fare will be downgraded to P and face more restrictions (e.g. no refund/change, and routing restricted to LX/LH)
What did I say
LX is supposed to file Excursion Fares (Deep discount fare) under the restrictive P class but they filed it in Z class instead this time (which allowed issuing segments on CX/UA/AC/NH and unlimited transfers etc.)
They did switch the fare stock back to P before pulling the entire sale, as they have of course sold way too much by now haha
Have fun if you were ticketed, I am certain these WILL NOT be cancelled by LX

Last edited by Dominicus; Feb 13, 2020 at 4:33 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:57 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

As (yet) another 1k, I absolutely plan to take this flight. No positioning flights from YOW yet, but I anticipate we'll see some good deals (or fair deals, and error fares) once the situation stabilizes, and routes re-open.

I booked the flights I posted for the outgoing on November 26th, HKG-ZRH-YYZ-MSP, with the first leg in LX J, and the last two in AC J (200% PQP), and the return on November 28th the same way (MSP-YYZ-ZRH-HKG) through AC-J to ZRH to experience the AC Signature Suite in YYZ, and LX J from ZRH.

If my numbers are right, should net me $7,231 PQP, added on top of the $9K PQP from the SQ PE error fares (for which I used expiring PlusPoints to get J on all legs).
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Booked it for late July, so not to terribly woried.

I would take the UA 767 Polaris to/from ORD vs LX, really not a fan of the LX J seat even the thrones. Thoyugh going to try it again on HKG-ZRH one way, and Cathay A350 J on the other seg.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA GS
I am supposed to be flying out on 2/18 and returning 2/23. Hoping it won't be canceled.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 2:37 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
Booked it for late July, so not to terribly woried.

I would take the UA 767 Polaris to/from ORD vs LX, really not a fan of the LX J seat even the thrones. Thoyugh going to try it again on HKG-ZRH one way, and Cathay A350 J on the other seg.
Haha I booked UA 767 from ZRH to ORD too! I flew LX A330 before in the throne seat. I felt like I was stuck in a literal coffin and I could hardly sleep. I am only average size too (5'11''). Haven't flown Polaris before so hopefully it will be a better experience.

BTW, does anyone know if AC (separate ticket) can check through my bags from YYZ to ORD to ZRH to HKG and print all the boarding passes?
Old Feb 28, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ICN1K
I am supposed to be flying out on 2/18 and returning 2/23. Hoping it won't be canceled.
Update? Short summary please
Old Feb 28, 2020, 6:13 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by l380
Haha I booked UA 767 from ZRH to ORD too! I flew LX A330 before in the throne seat. I felt like I was stuck in a literal coffin and I could hardly sleep. I am only average size too (5'11''). Haven't flown Polaris before so hopefully it will be a better experience.

BTW, does anyone know if AC (separate ticket) can check through my bags from YYZ to ORD to ZRH to HKG and print all the boarding passes?
I had looked at UA too, but I view this as a mileage run, and the issue with flying UA means that I'd have a ~200-350 PQD versus ~1800 with LX (ZRH-ORD-ZRH), or ~3,220 with AC (ZRH-YYZ-ZRH).

AC can't print the BPs, but I have asked an agent to tag my bags through (on a TG from HKG-BKK), and they did. Mind you, the bags did NOT make it onto my connecting flight at HKG....
Old Mar 25, 2020, 2:32 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
Any further thoughts on where we can bank miles for the CX operated segment between ZRH & HKG?

Options for me are either Asiana Mileage Club or BA Executive Club (most preferable for me if possible?)

Also, my HKG-ORD-HKG trip is booked at the end of June - hopefully the virus situation dies down by then - but has anyone had any luck refunding these without penalty or changing dates without penalty yet?
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Was meant to fly this next week, which obviously would not happen - plus, the last 2 legs of my HKG-ZRH-YYZ-ORD r/t trip were cancelled months ago. Was leaving it as late as possible to call up to rebook, to allow me to get as far into next year as possible. I also wanted to see how far I could travel on a rebooked ticket

Called up priceline a couple of hours ago, and go through to an agent right away! Explained the situation and agent said they need to verify the Swiss policy. Agent mentioned fare increase would have to be paid, but there was no change fee. I read off the rules from Swiss.com stating that so long as origin & destination remained the same, there would be no increase in fare. Agent said they would confirm with Swiss and did I have the new dates I wanted. I gave the agent dates, flight numbers & confirmed the cities:

HKG-ZRH - LX 139
ZRH-YVR - LX4648 (AC Op)
YVR-YYZ - AC 126
YYZ-ORD - AC7605

ORD-YYZ - AC7610
YYZ-ZRH - LX4641 (AC Op)
ZRH-HKG - LX 138

I did not think that the 2nd leg would be allowed, as I am flying over ORD/YYZ by quite an amount and then tracking back to it. You also cannot book this as a Z fare (as far as I can tell, and most of it would need to be in full J, costing about $8K). Agent took all the details and said I would get a call back after they talked to Swiss

30 minutes later I get a call back saying that is all approved and once I confirm, the booking will be updated! Got the app notification and email about a minute after this. Seats all sorted too for the AC flights

I do wonder how far I could have pushed it, maybe with a ORD-YYZ-YVR-HKG on the way back for a ton of extra miles (since LX Z only earns at 100% with Copa). But I am very happy with what I got (~30K miles for $1,470)

Anyone else rebook this for next year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.