Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARW GONE] LX HKG-ORD $1462 RT in J wide open to EOS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARW GONE] LX HKG-ORD $1462 RT in J wide open to EOS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by gokeeper
You can fly both TPAC legs on AC and openjaw is not necessary

This is known, perhaps we should have been clearer that the question was from a practical perspective. If one does not have access to a human TA to pull inventory manually, have any OTAs offered such combinations with AC metal on both TATLs?

Edit: I must stress OTA. This is for various credit card benefits.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:46 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Z fare will increase to 1885USD RT soon, while the current fare will be downgraded to P and face more restrictions (e.g. no refund/change, and routing restricted to LX/LH)
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:52 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
If it’s LX marketed but AC metal (eg LX4640) do you get access to the Signature lounge in YYZ for YYZ-ZRH?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:14 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dominicus
Z fare will increase to 1885USD RT soon, while the current fare will be downgraded to P and face more restrictions (e.g. no refund/change, and routing restricted to LX/LH)
Thanks for the heads-up - and the pointer, gokeeper ! Booked directly on Swiss.com instead of worrying about an OTA, and managed to get AC on both legs, in Z Class. LX Codeshare, AC metal, so I hope it's operating (metal) carrier for the accumulation (AC Z fare, not LX Z) on those flights. Didn't want to waste time chasing that clarification down!
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:28 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Absolute
Booked directly on Swiss.com instead of worrying about an OTA, and managed to get AC on both legs, in Z Class. LX Codeshare, AC metal
How did you manage this? I tried several methods but have ended up booking on Priceline

LX Codeshare, AC metal, so I hope it's operating (metal) carrier for the accumulation (AC Z fare, not LX Z) on those flights. Didn't want to waste time chasing that clarification down!
Yes, it will be metal, you just need to confirm that it is indeed Z on AC (sometimes fare class one Marketing airline does not book into same fare class for Op airline)
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:57 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
How did you manage this? I tried several methods but have ended up booking on Priceline

Yes, it will be metal, you just need to confirm that it is indeed Z on AC (sometimes fare class one Marketing airline does not book into same fare class for Op airline)
I'm not sure if it was due to my first approach (using the Advanced Search to try a multi-city with a CLE-YYZ segment that blatantly failed), but when I did follow-up Advanced Searches for HKG-MSP return flights, it showed me around 20 outgoing options, and 12 returns, including a few CX-AC-AC and LX-AC-AC segments. It was sifting through all the "operating carriers" to find the right AC combination with LX, for a pure *A earn, that took time.

There were also two different AC-AC-LX return options from MSP, one with 2 hours in YYZ, and a 5.75 hour layover. I chose the 5.75, as the last time I had an error fare and expected to try the Signature Lounge, I was stuck in ORD on the taxiway for 1.5 hours, and missed it.

The LX booking has been ticketed, and the PNR works fine in AC.... showing Z That 16 hour layover will suck, but I'll head out of the airport.

pmarrsouth likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:10 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Seems like some flight's booking class has already went down to P....

Last edited by l380; Feb 13, 2020 at 12:23 am
Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:18 am

I'm not sure if it was due to my first approach (using the Advanced Search to try a multi-city with a CLE-YYZ segment that blatantly failed), but when I did follow-up Advanced Searches for HKG-MSP return flights
Thanks! Method doesn't work for HKG-ORD, which is what I ended up booking
Absolute likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:56 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QR Platinum, QF Gold, ITA Executive, HH Diamond, Accor Plus Diamond
Great fare but looks like it doesn’t allow a stop over in ZRH without a decent price hike. Pity as I am keen to spend some more time there
Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:58 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Issued 2 of these bad boys. One is 724 stock, one is 014 stock. Anyone think LX will get sellers remorse, and thus should I think the 014 might be more safe?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:05 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Issued 2 of these bad boys. One is 724 stock, one is 014 stock. Anyone think LX will get sellers remorse, and thus should I think the 014 might be more safe?
why would 014 stock be more safe?

Last edited by TalkingPoint; Feb 13, 2020 at 1:21 am
Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:33 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
why would 014 stock be more safe?
If LX decides they're not stoked about selling the ticket, they'll cancel out the ticket and refund on their stock. If it's on 014, then they can't really do that to an Air Canada ticket/AC might tell them to pound sand (or they might not)
Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:53 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Can I credit CX operated flight with LX number to other Star Alliance than Miles and More?
I‘m interested in the answer to this too. Star looks at operator but OneWorld looks at marketer, so my LX plated CX operated looks like I cannot credit to either of my favoured programs, BAEC or A3 M&B. Miles&More is useless to me.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 2:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Looks like fare gone?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 2:27 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Looks like fare gone?
Just got my ticket for July 2020. Still there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.