Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK First PEN-DXB (via SIN) for 600USD (with caveat)

[PREM FARE GONE] EK First PEN-DXB (via SIN) for 600USD (with caveat)

Old Apr 20, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Booked on the Dutch Expedia, called in after I learned the booking was cancelled and it took about a week to get the money into my creditcard. So it IS possible sometimes. Good luck!
Thanks TQ - lets hope I get my money back. I have no begun a chargeback with my credit card as a last resort.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:12 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
I did call AMEX to chargeback on Friday and they credited the money back to my account right away but I had to send the additional proofs (3 emails from Expedia.de as pdf: booking confirmation, booking cancellation and 30-day refund processing of the last email) to them as well.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 1:44 am

My dutch cc is not processing any chargeback. They emailed back that I should wait 2 more weeks, and then again send an email to Emirates. If I dont get my money back 2 weeks after that they will chase this for me. It is a long process as I see it.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 11:36 pm

Programs: SQ *G, QR OWS
Received an email from expedia.my on 4 Mar to say the ticket has been cancelled and to expect a refund in 30 days. By 15 Apr, the refund still had not been processed. Expedia was only entertaining calls for flights within the next 72hrs. Called my CC (DBS bank, Singapore) to dispute the charge. Was required to send in evidence. Received the funds back 2 weeks later in full from the bank.
percysmith likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 3:22 pm

This is the reply I received from Expedia. Should I request a chargeback?

Dear Valued Customer,

We wanted to reach out to you regarding the cancellation of your trip xxxxxxxxxx and your refund in the amount of $1,179.90. During your call, we indicated that you would be eligible for a cash refund however, it appears that in lieu of a refund, Emirates is offering you a credit voucher in the amount of $1,179.90 to be used for future travel per the terms and conditions of their latest cancellation policy.

We sincerely apologize for the miscommunication and recognize this is a change from what you were expecting. Due to the unprecedented volume of travel disruptions related to COVID-19 and the evolving travel landscape, airline policies are being updated frequently.

Important information regarding your airline credit:

• The airlines are setting the policies for how you can redeem your airline credit.

• Each airline credit is in the original traveler’s name.

• Airline credits cannot be combined or transferred to another person.

• Airline credits must be used for air travel, including taxes and fees, with the airline that originally issued the ticket.

• Airline credits cannot be used for ancillary services.

• Airline credit comes with a travel-by date (sometimes called credit validity), so be sure to factor that into your planning. As soon as we confirm your credit validity date with our partner, we will communicate it to you via email.

• For travel originally scheduled between March 19th and April 30th, we confirmed with our airline partner, that any applicable change fees would be waived.

All of us at Expedia value you and are grateful for your business. We hope you and your family stay safe and healthy. And when you are ready to travel again, we'll be here, ready to serve you.

Sincerely,

Expedia

Last edited by cdgbear; May 6, 2020 at 7:18 pm
Old May 6, 2020, 8:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
That's a little concerning.

My first thought is, the email says Emirates if "offering you". So phone Expedia and say 'Thanks for the offer but I'll take the cash'. If Expedia says that's not an option, I'd remind them (a) you were told by Expedia that you would get a cash refund; (b) Emirates initiated the cancellation, not you, and; (c) the route is no longer. If all that fails then, yes, I would initiate a chargeback.
percysmith likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 4:35 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
I booked via Expedia also and got an email 2 days after booking (early february) to say that it was cancelled and refund would be within 30 days.
Now more than 60 days later havent recieved any refund and cannot get anyone at expedia do anything about the refund.

Will raise a chargeback with the card issuer today.
Old May 7, 2020, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
I booked via Expedia also and got an email 2 days after booking (early february) to say that it was cancelled and refund would be within 30 days.
Now more than 60 days later havent recieved any refund and cannot get anyone at expedia do anything about the refund.

I am in the same situation as you. Still havent received my money. I have initiated chargeback but I was told to wait before they process it. I am pissed with the unilateral decisions made my Emirates. Pretend they have made a mistake, unilaterally cancel the fare, and tell people that they cannot have their money back.
Old May 10, 2020, 4:10 pm

Refund from Expedia

Did anyone get a refund from Expedia? Anyone successful in getting a chargeback?? I am still receiving frustrating e-mails from Expedia..

Dear xxxxxx,

This is regarding your refund request for your flight reservation with Emirates.

We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered when contacting us. We are currently experiencing an extremely high volume of calls and emails because of the extraordinary circumstance of Coronavirus (COVID-19) travel disruptions, preventing us from responding within our normal standards.

We have communicated your request to the airline for approval. According to their advisory, there might be a reasonable delay due to the overwhelming refund requests brought by the travel disruptions due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We have already forwarded your request thru a refund request form.

Rest assured that we will continuously look out for their response and notify you as soon as there is progress on your case.

Thank you for understanding and choosing Expedia!

Best,
xxxxx
Supervisor, Expedia US Customer Service Team
(Every rep is a supervisor at Expedia!!!!)
Old May 13, 2020, 4:33 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
I initiated a chargeback with my CC provider 6 days ago, and today the refund appeared on my account from Emirates for this mistake fare (booked via expedia, but the charge on CC was showing as from EK).
Not sure if it is related to the chargeback or just coincidence as ive been waiting almost 3 months since EK cancelled this
Old May 19, 2020, 4:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Is anyone still waiting on a refund from Expedia US?
Old May 19, 2020, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by danger
Is anyone still waiting on a refund from Expedia US?
I am awaiting response from Expedia nl.
Hopeless. Also my cc is taking a long time to process chargeback.

Update: Chargeback is processed. Glad to get my money back from my cc.

Last edited by Culture Guru; May 24, 2020 at 3:28 am
Old Jul 17, 2020, 2:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Refunds of both itineraries just hit my account today, me without ever contacting or requesting Expedia MY. Lost about 150 usd on each transaction.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 11:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My brother-in-law was in court against Emirates today over this fare. Apparently, the Emirates rep told the court that on 11 February, when people's tickets were cancelled, Emirates cancelled EK349 PEN-SIN (i.e. on that day) and that was the reason the ticket was cancelled. According to my BIL, EK said his ticket wasn't cancelled because of an error but because the flight itself was cancelled. He and I both don't believe that's the case.

Where can I found out when EK349 PEN-SIN was cancelled?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.