Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK First PEN-DXB (via SIN) for 600USD (with caveat)

[PREM FARE GONE] EK First PEN-DXB (via SIN) for 600USD (with caveat)

Old Mar 6, 2020, 1:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I'm done with Expedia. Several email exchanges in which they told me that Emirates had cancelled:

...They [Emirates] advised us that the only option is to refund your flight reservation with them. In this case, we are asking for your final confirmation for us to request a waiver to Emirates for us to proceed with the process.
To put it another way, Expedia told me that Emirates said my fully refundable ticket was cancelled unilaterally but for Expedia to initiate a refund I needed to agree to Emirates's unilateral decision so that that Expedia could request a waiver from Emirates to process a refund on my fully refundable ticket that would take up to 30 days. What a joke. I started a chargeback with my credit card company a week ago.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 12:55 pm

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Has anyone received refund from Expedia. I am still awaiting refund from expedia.nl.
I cannot even call them, as my flights were in August and they are only pickup phone from people flying in the next 3 days. While no one responds to my emails. What a pathetic service.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by Culture Guru
Has anyone received refund from Expedia. I am still awaiting refund from expedia.nl.
I cannot even call them, as my flights were in August and they are only pickup phone from people flying in the next 3 days. While no one responds to my emails. What a pathetic service.
Apparently, I'm part of the lucky ones (or you the other way around ). I gave them a call (expedia USA) on Feb 14th in the really early morning and have been told (per tel and par email) the refund process would take 4-6 weeks. The refund was back on my card on the same day (Feb 14th).

Maybe give it a try by calling them at inappropriate hours ;-)
Old Apr 11, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Same with me, except with Cheapoair!
Old Apr 12, 2020, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Artemio
Apparently, I'm part of the lucky ones (or you the other way around ). I gave them a call (expedia USA) on Feb 14th in the really early morning and have been told (per tel and par email) the refund process would take 4-6 weeks. The refund was back on my card on the same day (Feb 14th).

The problem is that with expedia.nl, I cannot even go ahead. The system asks me to enter my trip id, and as it realizes my flights are in august - they automatically disconnect.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 3:28 am

Programs: DIAMOND in Life, but BA Gold, QR Gold.
2 days ago I received an email With - Donotrespond at cs. Flexrez dot com - from Priceline Saying I cancelled non refundable ticket and I am not entitled to a refund.. Even I spoke with them on 25 Feb, And they promised a full refund, etc.. Last week I send a request to my UK CC for s75 Act for Refund.. I agree - there is no way you can get through to Priceline if you add your Itinerary Number Or they track your mobile no as they deal only with flights in next 72 hours.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 3:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
File a chargeback with your credit card company.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 3:36 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
I am also waiting the refund from Expedia.de. I got the email from Expedia in the beginning of Feb saying that the refund will take up to 30 days. I am not in hurry as long as I will get the refund.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 5:04 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The problem is that with expedia.nl, I cannot even go ahead. The system asks me to enter my trip id, and as it realizes my flights are in august - they automatically disconnect.
File for chargeback. Had the same with Opodo - no way to contact them, so disputed transaction through Amex, a few days later got my money back.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 5:30 am

I've read somewhere that one did (or added?) a dummy cancellable rental car booking for the next few days to be able to get an agent on the phone.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
Originally Posted by megaloman
File for chargeback. Had the same with Opodo - no way to contact them, so disputed transaction through Amex, a few days later got my money back.
Tried to raise a dispute with my credit card company (Standard Chartered) and they refused to do so.. For Emirates not wanting to refund a cancelled fare, things must be going bad for them.

I booked a separate SIN-PEN-SIN in Y (normal fare) for another trip. They cancelled the route and my flights, and now they're charging me $50 for a "refund fee". Really poor show of an airline.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 6:41 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
tango3 escalate to MAS? SCB is clearly inching you to.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by Artemio

Hello Artemio. A quick question - did you book your ticket on Expedia.com or an European Expedia website? mine was booked on Expedia.nl
Old Apr 20, 2020, 7:22 am

Hello Artemio. A quick question - did you book your ticket on Expedia.com or an European Expedia website? mine was booked on Expedia.nl
Hi Culture Guru, it was booked on Expedia.com. Unfortunately for you, I believe you won't be able to manage a booking from .nl by calling the US. But maybe I'm wrong!
​​​​​​
Old Apr 20, 2020, 10:42 am

Booked on the Dutch Expedia, called in after I learned the booking was cancelled and it took about a week to get the money into my creditcard. So it IS possible sometimes. Good luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.