Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

How do you find "error fares"

How do you find "error fares"

Old Jan 4, 20, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Question How do you find "error fares"

Hello! I was wondering how do you guys find error fares. Is there a particular website or forum that often has/finds them? I've spent some time looking and haven't found anywhere where they are posted.
Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 20, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Subscribe to multiple blogs on Twitter. There will also be error fares posted here.
rodsren and Tokyoite like this.
Old Jan 4, 20, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

What blogs on twitter? I've found some but would love to hear what other people use.
Old Jan 4, 20, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by kevflyer View Post
Subscribe to multiple blogs on Twitter. There will also be error fares posted here.
I would also like to know what twitter accounts I can follow.
Old Jan 4, 20, 8:53 pm

For reasons considered as mysteries of the universe, those who know won’t tell and those who tell really don’t know..
Old Jan 5, 20, 2:02 am

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
Can. you suggest any twitter sources that you recommend?
Old Jan 5, 20, 2:27 am

Programs: QF WP
I have booked 2 error fares, flown one and the second appears to be OK to go. Both found on here

but it’s really the luck of the draw. You have to be quick and decisive. I missed out on the Cathay NY gift as I decided to think about it, by which point it was gone

IMO I prefer to rely on “good deals” through creative use of google flights, the error fares I treat as more of a game/distraction than anything else

there are blogs, some of them show up in google search
narvik and trooper like this.
Old Jan 5, 20, 6:52 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Go to Twitter n subscribe to these openly known twitter posters.
secretflying
theflightdeal
fly4free
premiumcabindeals

Most other sources (on twitter and other closed groups) are guarded secretively, only accessible by those who understand the game and work involved to unearth the fares.....
Otherwise rookies who don’t know the rules of the game make blunders and kill the fare - blunders such as calling the airline to select seats/update FFP number, telling their uncle/grandmother/uber driver about the fare, not reading the detailed fare rules and then trying to call and change/tweak the ticket after booking etc.
Many past examples of fares leaked and then killed make those privy to not share.
(The Colombo F fare is a decent example of this).
Old Jan 5, 20, 7:00 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
To help the OP out, this is basically how fares are uncovered.
I suggest you take time (a few weeks or months) to diligently study fare structures between several city pairs and know the ins and out of the various airline fares. You’ll soon get to understand what’s normal and what’s unusual in the fare rules/fare structures, and then you can start looking for unusually filed fares:
-unusually low base fares
-missing or unusually low YQ/YR
-unusually loose routing rules
-unusual fare basis in respect to the cabin
etc.

Your wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend won’t understand at first, why you spend an hour or so daily “doing nothing”, but they’ll get it once you break through with a good deal.

good luck and welcome to the game.
TheStrangerIn29K and bosskh like this.
Old Jan 5, 20, 7:12 am

Programs: DL,EK
They don't last long. Many years ago I was able to get a Swiss (or maybe Swissair at the time) Reno-Warsaw round trip for $300 as well as a Colombo-Las Vegas fare for a similar amount.

They will sometimes show up here on FT but you have to be quick to jump on them.
Old Jan 5, 20, 7:21 am

Itamatrix is another good source.

Found a combo MH F/J return to Sydney the other year for £3400.00 return on the A380/330
Bargain.

J Class is perfectly fine for long haul these days I feel.
Old Jan 10, 20, 10:44 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
Go to Twitter n subscribe to these openly known twitter posters.
secretflying
theflightdeal
fly4free
premiumcabindeals

Most other sources (on twitter and other closed groups) are guarded secretively, only accessible by those who understand the game and work involved to unearth the fares.....
Otherwise rookies who don’t know the rules of the game make blunders and kill the fare - blunders such as calling the airline to select seats/update FFP number, telling their uncle/grandmother/uber driver about the fare, not reading the detailed fare rules and then trying to call and change/tweak the ticket after booking etc.
Many past examples of fares leaked and then killed make those privy to not share.
(The Colombo F fare is a decent example of this).
Agreed. If you don't put in the work* to either find them yourself or be considered "legitimate" enough to get the inside scoop, go with those sites and daily checking of FT. By daily I mean DAILY.

*Said as someone who has not put in the work.
Tokyoite and BCNforever like this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:09 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Even if you put in the work, check FT daily.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Jan 22, 20, 6:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K
i follow www.cloud9deals.ca
Old Jan 28, 20, 4:12 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Originally Posted by Qatar Airways View Post
Itamatrix is another good source.

Found a combo MH F/J return to Sydney the other year for £3400.00 return on the A380/330
Bargain.

J Class is perfectly fine for long haul these days I feel.
Just be aware that ITA Matrix sorts by base fare and not overall cost (in which case, 99% of the time, the fares are also proportional in overall cost), so if the base fare didn't change, but the YQ was omitted, you wouldn't even know just by looking at Matrix.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: