FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   AS: 2020 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/2002119-2020-consolidated-mileage-status-challenge-runs-help-needed.html)

Pat89339 Jan 1, 2020 9:42 am

AS: 2020 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

In order to organize the end-of-year crush of Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread for the airlines with the most frequent requests. This is the thread for Alaska Airlines.

For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

For each response. Please quote the original request.

Dawg89 Jan 1, 2020 3:51 pm

I was 720 miles short of MVP Gold on Dec 30. I was considering a quick SEA-PDX round-trip, but I first called Alaska. I asked the agent if I could buy the last 720 miles, and she said, "Don't worry about it, you're close enough, and I'm just going to give you the status." Sure enough I got an email welcoming me to MVP Gold for 2020. That was a pleasant surprise!

hellointer Jan 5, 2020 10:34 pm

Congratulations

princesakura Jan 7, 2020 9:32 pm

Hey AS flyers,
I'm looking for one or more people who can fly out of SJC on weeknights or weekends for same-day or overnight mileage runs to LAX and back.
I have a Visa Infinite card that discounts $100 off a two-person round-trip economy domestic reservation. During Alaska sales (advertised as $29 one-way SJC-LAX on alaskaair.com), I've seen SJC-LAX round trips for $2.40 or, more commonly, $13.60 for 2 people using the Visa Infinite portal. This means your out-of-pocket is $1.20 or $6.80 for 1000 miles if you already are MVP Gold (750 for MVP and 1250 for 75k).
You'd have to fly 75 of these roundtrips for 75k, but I'm just trying to pad my miles so I'm not off by too much at year's end.
If interested, please message me and we can figure out details. These sales are usually around several times a year. For example, now until February 9.

hellointer Jan 8, 2020 8:54 am

Since I lost QF which is main airline I take last year due to credit table change in AS. Is emirate the only option for me to take flight?
Emirate always 50% for cheap Y tickets, QF now only 25% instead of 100% last year.

Dominicus Jan 12, 2020 8:36 am

Originally Posted by princesakura (Post 31922183)
Hey AS flyers,
I'm looking for one or more people who can fly out of SJC on weeknights or weekends for same-day or overnight mileage runs to LAX and back.
I have a Visa Infinite card that discounts $100 off a two-person round-trip economy domestic reservation. During Alaska sales (advertised as $29 one-way SJC-LAX on alaskaair.com), I've seen SJC-LAX round trips for $2.40 or, more commonly, $13.60 for 2 people using the Visa Infinite portal. This means your out-of-pocket is $1.20 or $6.80 for 1000 miles if you already are MVP Gold (750 for MVP and 1250 for 75k).
You'd have to fly 75 of these roundtrips for 75k, but I'm just trying to pad my miles so I'm not off by too much at year's end.
If interested, please message me and we can figure out details. These sales are usually around several times a year. For example, now until February 9.

Hit me up. I will have a weekend in SJC next week over MLK weekend. Not sure if the prices works so close to departure

Dominicus Jan 12, 2020 8:38 am

Hey AS flyers,

pmed u my email

jjclancy Jan 12, 2020 9:30 am

I have a Visa Infinite card that discounts $100 off a two-person round-trip economy domestic reservation. During Alaska sales (advertised as $29 one-way SJC-LAX on alaskaair.com), I've seen SJC-LAX round trips for $2.40 or, more commonly, $13.60 for 2 people using the Visa Infinite portal.

Note you can discard the 2nd ticket if you can't recruit a friend; at $2.40 still a great deal.

hellointer Jan 14, 2020 9:14 am

One question, I want to book EK and credit to AS. For flex ticket, where can find the class code? I want to confirm the class and then buy, otherwise buy the cheapest T class from expedia.

Thank you

Madone59 Jan 23, 2020 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by hellointer (Post 31949134)
One question, I want to book EK and credit to AS. For flex ticket, where can find the class code? I want to confirm the class and then buy, otherwise buy the cheapest T class from expedia.

You may want to book through a phone agent (amex, emirates, or other) where you can ask this question and check the earnings in real time before buying. I just went through the whole process for purchasing a ticket on EK.com and can't find the fare code. They offer the fare rules, contract of carriage was well as other fare details but for the life of me could not find the FBC. Also, you could purchase on-line then call after ticketing but before grace period expires and ask. Good luck.

hellointer Jan 23, 2020 7:18 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have already checked with the Travel agent. T class normally is the cheapest price which is 50% to AS. For you want W above class, you wont want it as the price is almost 3 times T class,

Happy Chinese New Year, send from Singapore...

cpagn3rd Feb 17, 2020 7:32 pm

Shooting for MVP 75K

Hi All,

Shooting for MVP 75K this year. Please see below for a few details:

Most of the year:
Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 35,000
Budget:
Available Travel Dates: Any time after April.
Metal Preferred

From 02/23-03/28, I'll be in SFO for work and can possibly do some trips using AWT as long as I leave Saturday evening and return Sunday evening. Mainly dependent on workload over the weekends.
Departure Airport: SFO
Miles Needed: 20,000
Budget: $750/trip. Likely $1500 total, $2,250 if I have more time than expected.
Available Travel Dates: Saturday evenings - Sunday evenings between 02/23-03/28

Also, as a side note, I have 2 companion passes that I can use this year. Does anyone have suggestions on routes that could maximize this for the purposes of attaining status? I was thinking of something like EWR > ANC > HNL > SEA (just did some random searches with the companion fare code).

MaverickSC Feb 19, 2020 10:54 am

Deleted

ccna101 Feb 22, 2020 5:16 am

Hello,
On a mvp75k challenge so hope to get in for the year.
Departure Airport: IAD/DCA/BWI (work)
Miles Needed: 20k
Required or Budget: any inexpensive/qualify routes ( home are SFO/SJC/LAX/SNA)
Available Travel Dates: any weekend start Thursday-eve-Sunday-night
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:on flights marketed by Alaska Airlines and operated by Alaska Airlines, Horizon or SkyWest

I planned a quick IAD-TVL coming April ... which airlines can I use to maximize miles earn ?
TIA,
-cc-

Crackedhead Feb 23, 2020 11:01 pm

For upcoming travel to SE Asia
Departure Airport: SEA (or can position within US if needed)
Miles Needed: Looking for 100 % (or better) elite-qualifying miles
Required Spend or Budget: under $1400
Available Travel Dates: April 20 - April 30th outbound for two week trip)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Codeshares ok