ITA Matrix Help

Old Dec 30, 19, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
ITA Matrix Help

Hi,

I am looking at flying from Delhi to Sydney in February next year and have stumbled on a cheeky tier point run. Can someone please tell me how to force a layover on ITA Matrix?

In short, I am looking at DEL - KUL - SYD - PER. I don't need to go to Perth and ideally would like to force open a 12 day layover in Sydney. Then I would be more than happy to complete the itinerary, stay in Perth for 24 hours and then return back to Delhi. Any help would be much appreciated. Of course plan B is to fly to Perth and then book return flights to Sydney.

Of course before anyone asks me why!! I will finally land on exactly 5000 tier points
Old Dec 30, 19, 4:29 am

It is not a "layover" if it is more than 24 hours. Unless the fare allows for free stopovers it's no different than just doing it leg by leg
noddie09 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 19, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by scibuff View Post
It is not a "layover" if it is more than 24 hours. Unless the fare allows for free stopovers it's no different than just doing it leg by leg
Valid point! I am unsure if the fare allows for free stopovers so I will need to double check that. If nothing else, I will opt for the 21 hour layover I have already found.
Old Jan 2, 20, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by noddie09 View Post
Hi,

I am looking at flying from Delhi to Sydney in February next year and have stumbled on a cheeky tier point run. Can someone please tell me how to force a layover on ITA Matrix?

In short, I am looking at DEL - KUL - SYD - PER. I don't need to go to Perth and ideally would like to force open a 12 day layover in Sydney. Then I would be more than happy to complete the itinerary, stay in Perth for 24 hours and then return back to Delhi. Any help would be much appreciated. Of course plan B is to fly to Perth and then book return flights to Sydney.

Of course before anyone asks me why!! I will finally land on exactly 5000 tier points
Do you mind sharing more details on the itinerary and fare?
Old Jan 2, 20, 11:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by noddie09 View Post

Just put in the individual sectors you want to fly (on the Multi-City tab) with the dates on which you want to fly them.
noddie09 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: