Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

"Escaping" after boarding pass scan to collect miles?

"Escaping" after boarding pass scan to collect miles?

Old Jan 1, 20, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
Source: Bureau of Made Up Statistics
LMAO! This is the best post of the day! Good start to 2020!
Old Jan 2, 20, 8:12 am

If it’s discovered on the ground a passenger has deplaned the entire aircraft will have to be deplaned and a security sweep conducted. Several hour delay. If it’s discovered airborne the flight will have to divert to the nearest suitable airport.
ajGoes likes this.
Old Jan 2, 20, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Originally Posted by titan1 View Post
Everybody just calm down? I understand the security aspect and possible disruptions which is why I stay away from the original idea. But airlines offering loopholes that are subsequently exchanged and used by half of the people on here - isn't that the whole idea? I mean after all it's not stealing from anyone but these are paid tickets...
Take a look at the AA forum for some timely 'loophole' credit card threads.
Old Jan 2, 20, 9:23 am

Programs: QR Silver, AC, EVA Gold, UL silver and PAL. IHG Gold
At the Gate when you board the dcs shows what is on the boarding card including seat number, the name and check in sequence.
At the end it also shows who has not boarded. If that passenger has any checked baggage or not.
If the passenger does not have any checked bags it easier to off load him. If he has and the aircraft is containerised then it's easier to locate his bags and off load it as the load control system tells which container it's loaded and the container position loaded on the aircraft. It's non containerised more difficult.
Furthermore the staff ( mostly load controller in most countries) has to sign off for passenger baggage reconciliation. I have seen one sacked because he off loaded a passenger and the bag came off but a loader put it back on the aircraft thinking it was a late arrival bag. The controller signed off and sent the aircraft. They discovered it after take off and the aircraft had to turn around and land and take the bag off. The controller lost his job.
Old Jan 2, 20, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dav662 View Post
Furthermore the staff ( mostly load controller in most countries) has to sign off for passenger baggage reconciliation. I have seen one sacked because he off loaded a passenger and the bag came off but a loader put it back on the aircraft thinking it was a late arrival bag. The controller signed off and sent the aircraft. They discovered it after take off and the aircraft had to turn around and land and take the bag off. The controller lost his job.
I was on a TPAC flight and they stopped taxiing when they discovered an offloaded passenger's bag is still on board; captain announced it was illegal to take off on international flights with offloaded passengers' bags. Had to return to gate
dav662 likes this.

Last edited by kevflyer; Jan 2, 20 at 11:12 am
Old Jan 3, 20, 4:38 pm

Reminds me of my plane being met in Amsterdam buy guys with automatic weapons because a count was off......
Unionruler likes this.
Old Jan 3, 20, 8:26 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
As many have noted, this is against airlines rules and policies. There is no point continuing to debate the points here.

Ryandc99 Moderator Mileage Run forums
JPG3392, ajGoes, Bohemian1 and 1 others like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: