Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK - CDG on AA J non-stop for $1366

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK - CDG on AA J non-stop for $1366

Old Dec 13, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by HenrySu1220
Even it is not you, someone will eventually make it, most likely it is not because of you.
Everyone is just skipping over post 13. Someone called early because they couldn’t get it to price.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 10:51 pm

ugh so mad at myself for not pulling the trigger earlier today. Can't get anything to price low anymore.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Also phone browser (chrome) and Opera - forbidden
Old Dec 13, 2019, 10:59 pm

I believe they already blocked whatever possible error fare now. Luckily got the sense of this has to be done asap, was able to secure a 1000usd trip including one specific transfer with BA 747-400 at noon, then I paid 200 for an upper deck seat, first time in life to pay for a seat, most expensive seat ever!
boss315 and donotblink like this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 1:04 am
tto
Suspended

Programs: d
it's good

it's good
Old Dec 14, 2019, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
I'm glad many people were able to book this fare :-)

I wish there was a way to restrict these deals to FT users. It sucks when the blogs distribute it everywhere and they go away super fast. I see the "tip of the hat to rowyourboat" but I really don't need that, I'd like to reward the FT community :-)
Pat89339, boss315, emofeng and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by Rowyourboat
I'm glad many people were able to book this fare :-)

I wish there was a way to restrict these deals to FT users. It sucks when the blogs distribute it everywhere and they go away super fast. I see the "tip of the hat to rowyourboat" but I really don't need that, I'd like to reward the FT community :-)
Thank you for sharing your discovery!

For what it's worth, I don't think the blogs made a huge difference in the life of this deal. It was going strong for almost a day.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Have a booking still "on request" - keeping my fingers crossed it tickets.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Little known fact, you can generally use the $129 PDP waiver to change the ticket as many times as you want, and/or cancel for a full refund, up until the day of departure, for only the cost of the PDP. A tremendous value, more important than the deal itself... But read the rules yourself carefully.
boss315 and donotblink like this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by nk15
Little known fact, you can generally use the $129 PDP waiver to change the ticket as many times as you want, and/or cancel for a full refund, up until the day of departure, for only the cost of the PDP. A tremendous value, more important than the deal itself... But read the rules yourself carefully.
+ fare difference though, right?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Did anyone figure out how to fix the Forbidden error?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: Delta Gold
Playing around with dates, I found a similar deal to Warsaw on Orbitz, but its on Delta (my preferred airline anyway).

BOS-WAW on Aug 26-31, including an upgraded room at the Ibis Centrum for 4 nights, for $1561.33. Best of all, I'm booked in DeltaOne on BOS-AMS!! And Business class the remaining flights.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Did anyone figure out how to fix the Forbidden error?
Originally Posted by sonomawine
Here's the work around I found. Search XXX-FCO, then modify search after it returns results to CDG.
Take a look at sonomawine's approach. This is working for me to search now, though as others have mentioned fares are in the 2000's now.

Interestingly enough, I'm seeing discounted business class available booked directly with airlines for my dates. Around $2k round trip from US west coast.
HiAperture likes this.

Last edited by soartoday; Dec 14, 2019 at 8:37 am
Old Dec 14, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
IIRC, AAVacations is a wholly owned subsidiary of AMR, but operates separately and would have its own P&L. I wonder how profitable these fares are for AAVacations and what sort of cut they specifically get from the airfare. I assume that the fare basis was available to other agencies and we probably could have been able to get another agency to ticket these without a hotel reservation.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Booked my family of 4 LAX-CDG yesterday and got a lap infant added over the phone. Since I'd already booked, there were no questions about ticket price, etc. Ticket says On Request (as it should), anyone noticed if the lag time for ticketing is abnormally long? I have a record locator and confirmation, so feeling decent about it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.