FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [prem fare gone]: AV CUR - MUC J ow €400; €710 r/t (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1997430-prem-fare-gone-av-cur-muc-j-ow-400-710-r-t.html)

nilsrtw Feb 1, 2020 10:25 am

Seems like they are cutting capacity on AV54 to 2/4/6 starting in April. Especially inconvinient since I had mine on a Sunday..

johnmc Feb 27, 2020 2:58 am

Originally Posted by johnmc (Post 31931222)
Also managed to snag a AUA-MUC return. Outbound booked for March.
I managed to book the J fully refundable/changeable fare and now would like to add a stopover in BOG, I have a 4 hour layover on the AUA-BOG-MUC flight.
My question: can I just rebook the BOG-MUC leg (given J availability) at a AV ticket desk once I get off the plane in BOG? Thinking of staying a week in Colombia.
I understand I can’t do this before having flown the first leg as this would trigger a repricing to the current fare, correct?

Trip is getting closer, anyone managed to do something similar (rebooking during transit) in BOG already?

B0gdan Feb 28, 2020 1:20 am

I'm also curious about this. I had a bunch of schedule changes a while ago, choose different flights but not considering staying in Bogota longer than a few hours in the early morning.

B0gdan Mar 2, 2020 5:42 am

Originally Posted by johnmc (Post 32117928)
Trip is getting closer, anyone managed to do something similar (rebooking during transit) in BOG already?

I managed to pull the fare rules off of ExpertFlyer and it seems that unlimited stopovers are permitted in each direction for free. I hope I'm reading this right but I'm hoping to make use of this in autumn when I'm flying "back" to CUR.

johnmc Mar 14, 2020 10:51 am

I was due to fly on March 21st - due to the current situation I decided to cancel all plans and request a full refund for the ticket. Although it's sad but better than being stuck in Colombia and quarantained.

Plans would have fallen through anyways as Curacao just banned all flights from Europe for indefinite time. See https://gobiernu.cw/nieuw/detayenan-...-di-mart-2020/ in Papiamento or

VISITORS TO CURAÇAO:There is an air travel restriction for visitors on flights originating from Europe starting March 14th 2020.
from https://www.curacao.com/en/questions...virus-covid-19 in English.

nilsrtw Mar 15, 2020 4:38 am

Originally Posted by johnmc (Post 32184077)
I was due to fly on March 21st - due to the current situation I decided to cancel all plans and request a full refund for the ticket. Although it's sad but better than being stuck in Colombia and quarantained.

Plans would have fallen through anyways as Curacao just banned all flights from Europe for indefinite time. See https://gobiernu.cw/nieuw/detayenan-...-di-mart-2020/ in Papiamento or from https://www.curacao.com/en/questions...virus-covid-19 in English.

Thinking about the same with flights in early april.. did they agree to the full refund?

johnmc Mar 15, 2020 11:01 am

Originally Posted by nilsrtw (Post 32187567)
Thinking about the same with flights in early april.. did they agree to the full refund?

I booked the fully refundable fare from the beginning so no problems there.

nldogbert Mar 15, 2020 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by nilsrtw (Post 32187567)

I had to cancel my trip because during the rush in booking, I had another travel planned which I could not move/postpone. Mine was flexfare - what I did basically was submit the request online and it was radio silence for nearly 2 months and suddenly I received a confirmation that the refund was approved and within 2 weeks the amount hit my CC. Calling the call centre is useless as they will ask you to request it via online.
All in all it was ok - except for the radio silence part - but don't worry if your fare is full flex, it will work out in the end, just be patience.

Cheers!

B0gdan Mar 16, 2020 1:23 am

Curios if they'll wave the change fee/fare difference considering the situation. I'm flying beginning of May so still some time until then but if things don't change, won't be able to make my positioning flight.

SK AAR Mar 19, 2020 10:51 am

Sure the change fee may/will be waived but the fare will be recalculated based on new availability (booking class available) and current fares. You are not going to like that…

This is how the airlines deal with the many waiver currently offered - they are not going to recalculate fares based on historical fares (unless travel has commenced) - forget it!

nilsrtw Mar 19, 2020 11:09 am

My flights (early april) finally got cancelled and i got the following email:

"Due to current restrictions by several governments, such as border closures and passenger mobility limitations, to contain the spread of COVID-19, your flight with reference code XXXXXX has been cancelled. Your ticket will remain valid until you have a new travel date or decide to make the change."

I guess since it's INVOL either a refund or change without fare difference would apply?

B0gdan Mar 30, 2020 2:02 am

Originally Posted by nilsrtw (Post 32207300)
My flights (early april) finally got cancelled and i got the following email:

"Due to current restrictions by several governments, such as border closures and passenger mobility limitations, to contain the spread of COVID-19, your flight with reference code XXXXXX has been cancelled. Your ticket will remain valid until you have a new travel date or decide to make the change."

I guess since it's INVOL either a refund or change without fare difference would apply?

That's most likely the case. Did you manage to reach out to them and get rebooked or refunded? Curious how it went.

SK AAR Mar 30, 2020 6:36 am

Originally Posted by nilsrtw (Post 32207300)

Obviously, a full refund is possible (maybe as a voucher by now) but whether you will be allowed to rebook without payment of fare difference is a very good question. I'm not entirely convinced that INVOL nature will make a difference. But I guess you will have to wait and see how AV will respond to your request for rebooking once you have the new dates set.

nilsrtw Apr 1, 2020 7:39 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 32247119)
Obviously, a full refund is possible (maybe as a voucher by now) but whether you will be allowed to rebook without payment of fare difference is a very good question. I'm not entirely convinced that INVOL nature will make a difference. But I guess you will have to wait and see how AV will respond to your request for rebooking once you have the new dates set.

Just called them and rebooked to Sept without any fare difference. The agent mentioned any date until DEC31 would be fine. Also managed to keep the three day stopover in BOG from a previous schedule change and select seats (anyone ever managed to to that online with AV?!).

B0gdan May 6, 2020 7:07 am

Rebooked as well to end of August for first leg then October for the rest. But a couple of days after got an email saying that due to Corona, BOG-MAD flight in October has been canceled. Will have to call again to get rebooked through a different transit airport.