Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] LATAM/ JAL NRT-SYD-SCL-GIG Business Class $2272 RTN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] LATAM/ JAL NRT-SYD-SCL-GIG Business Class $2272 RTN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:31 pm

Another topic - have people getting their JL segment credited to American and only received K class instead of the J as mentioned above? My LA segment posted in J but my JL only posted in K.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:30 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by davistev
Probably best to refund while you can
Originally Posted by percysmith
While you can?

- LATAM going under
- LATAM going to pull a BA and not allow refunds/hand out vouchers in lieu of cash refunds?

Either case I'd be looking at a credit card chargeback.
I just applied for refund yesterday. While LA going under is a concern, my main reason was because the inability to earn miles and MPO club points on code-share flights post-May. If I re-route, they will only keep J class for me on LA-coded flights, so I will have to either book LA*/CX, LA*/JL, or LA*/QF and not be able to get miles (maybe I can get Asia Miles for LA*/CX, but it is not 100% clear yet, and certainly no MPO club points), or book CX, JL, or QF prime but in economy. I also don't have any idea how my schedule would look like in the second half of the year. Many tradeshows are being rescheduled, and no one knows what the new dates will be.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:34 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by shd9
I think if your dates are in April and there has been flight modifications, you may be entitled to change your trip without re-faring. I tried to change my last segment to roughly 2 months later, last December, and they were quoting my something along the lines of 3000USD (which I politely refused).

From the fare rules, it seems that if the first segment is not changed, then there should be no change in fare; but I am not sure how that works in practice (especially since there seems to be some fare class mapping issue here)
LA currently does not charge fare difference as long as there's no change in stopover points (including no change in airports, i. e., no change from NRT to HND, for example). Transfer points can be changed. However, as I don't know when I can travel and plus LA is leaving oneworld (full reason in the post above), I decided to go for a refund. It is unfortunate that I will not be able to take LA while it is still a oneworld member, as I have never taken LA before.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
LA currently does not charge fare difference as long as there's no change in stopover points (including no change in airports, i. e., no change from NRT to HND, for example). Transfer points can be changed. However, as I don't know when I can travel and plus LA is leaving oneworld (full reason in the post above), I decided to go for a refund. It is unfortunate that I will not be able to take LA while it is still a oneworld member, as I have never taken LA before.
Good for LATAM for waiving the fare difference. I will give them a call to see what's the options. Just so you are aware, LATAM does take quite a bit of time and effort to issue refunds (mine took about 3 months from time of request and multitudes of phone calls), and even until now they haven't refunded my taxes paid on the ticket. Starting the process early and escalating the case (possible only after no refunds issued after 40? days) definitely helps.

I hope with LATAM withdrawing from Oneworld there would be more award availability, since effectively ended partnership with AA and award costs on DL would skyrocket. So maybe after the corona thing is over you can try using 90k asiamiles for HKG-JFK/LAX/BOS/MAD/TLV-GRU? Legacy JJ flights have newer more fancy cabins too
ernestnywang likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.