Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] LATAM/ JAL NRT-SYD-SCL-GIG Business Class $2272 RTN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] LATAM/ JAL NRT-SYD-SCL-GIG Business Class $2272 RTN

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by helvetic
The first word of the message you quoted is a good clue. I booked via Priceline.
I asked how you booked, not where.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 8:51 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by danger
I asked how you booked, not where.
I built the itinerary in Matrix, and use powertools to book via Priceline. Does this answer the question? Not sure what else there is I can say about it.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 8:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I built the itinerary in Matrix, and use powertools to book via Priceline. Does this answer the question? Not sure what else there is I can say about it.
Largely, yes. Although it doesn't help but I'm nonetheless appreciative. As I mentioned in post 18, when I build my itinerary in Matrix and use powertools (at least I think it's powertools; the Violentmonkey extension), the fare doesn't map across to any of the booking engines. Expedia fails. Cheapo's fare is several thousand. Priceline's fare is several thousand and it gives the outbound in business and the return in economy. AA prices at several thousand. Hipmunk, Momodo and Skyscanner all revert to an economy booking. Kayak will, at best, give a two-sector itinerary each way (mine is five sectors out and four back).
Old Nov 10, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Largely, yes. Although it doesn't help but I'm nonetheless appreciative. As I mentioned in post 18, when I build my itinerary in Matrix and use powertools (at least I think it's powertools; the Violentmonkey extension), the fare doesn't map across to any of the booking engines. Expedia fails. Cheapo's fare is several thousand. Priceline's fare is several thousand and it gives the outbound in business and the return in economy. AA prices at several thousand. Hipmunk, Momodo and Skyscanner all revert to an economy booking. Kayak will, at best, give a two-sector itinerary each way (mine is five sectors out and four back).
Have you tried changing the Cabin function at the top of the page before clicking through?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
The outbound in J / return in Y thing is probably just a rendering error on Priceline. If you don't expand the flights selected it shows the cabin based on the first segment of the flights. Since the first segment of the return on this is in Y, it thinks the entire return is in Y. If you expand you'll see it actually shows Y/J/J/J etc.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 9:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by steveholt
Have you tried changing the Cabin function at the top of the page before clicking through?
I had no idea that was even a thing. Thank you. I'll have a play with that.

The outbound in J / return in Y thing is probably just a rendering error on Priceline. If you don't expand the flights selected it shows the cabin based on the first segment of the flights. Since the first segment of the return on this is in Y, it thinks the entire return is in Y. If you expand you'll see it actually shows Y/J/J/J etc.
Can you elaborate by what you mean on "expand the flights"? If I click through to Priceline, most of the time it will go straight to the price confirmation page, not the page where you select your flights. Having just done that again, I get this:

I'm not sure where or how to expand the flights. (Incidentally, this itinerary prices at $6K; Matrix has it at $2.33K.)
Old Nov 10, 2019, 9:12 pm

I had no idea that was even a thing. Thank you. I'll have a play with that.

Can you elaborate by what you mean on "expand the flights"? If I click through to Priceline, most of the time it will go straight to the price confirmation page, not the page where you select your flights. Having just done that again, I get this:

I'm not sure where or how to expand the flights. (Incidentally, this itinerary prices at $6K; Matrix has it at $2.33K.)
Got it, it does indeed seem like it's not pricing correctly on Priceline for you. I didn't have this issue.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: Alaska
seems no more K fare, now shown H fare, around 400 more.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 4:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by freed0m
seems no more K fare, now shown H fare, around 400 more.
Where are you seeing prices?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: Alaska
Where are you seeing prices?

both on ITA matrix and latam
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by freed0m
both on ITA matrix and latam
May I ask, how are you booking a mixed class fare on the LATAM website and are you able to proceed from ITA to an OTA and, if so, how?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum

Just an FYI.... I put together an itinerary that also went to Priceliine and Priceline showed the inbound in J and outbound all in Y as your screen shot shows, it also repriced it from $2270 to $2660.

I decided to try purchasing anyway, and surprisingly only $2270 was charged to my credit card and the correct classes of flights were booked, all in J except for the final leg. I was also able to make the final/first leg GRU-GIG and GIG-GRU as the Y segments to minimize any time in Y.
percysmith likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by whimike
Just an FYI.... I put together an itinerary that also went to Priceliine and Priceline showed the inbound in J and outbound all in Y as your screen shot shows, it also repriced it from $2270 to $2660.

I decided to try purchasing anyway, and surprisingly only $2270 was charged to my credit card and the correct classes of flights were booked, all in J except for the final leg. I was also able to make the final/first leg GRU-GIG and GIG-GRU as the Y segments to minimize any time in Y.
Thanks for that. Very interesting. I used Matrix to again put together an itinerary where it was now pricing at $2700. I took it over to Priceline where it re-priced to $3623 with all the return legs in Y. As I was using a debit card with less than $3600 on it, I took the chance. Card declined. However, a few minutes later I received an email alert from my bank over suspicious activity: an attempted charge of $3020.

Disappointed I couldn't make this work a few days ago when the far was lower.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:51 am

pricnoug out like everyone says in J outboung Y inbound, all J is around 7k - 9k now. If anyone is able to stil book in J for $k +/- on in and ouybound please ping me. thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 8:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bdsklar
pricnoug out like everyone says in J outboung Y inbound, all J is around 7k - 9k now. If anyone is able to stil book in J for $k +/- on in and ouybound please ping me. thanks.
As per the suggestion from whimike, if you use Matrix and go across to Priceline, it seems the itinerary that is available to book is all in J. I found that after entering credit card details and clicking 'review' (or similar), you're taken to one final page before the booking is processed. On this page, if you expand your flight choices you get a pop-up where all the flights (except the middle two) are in J. And, just as whimike posted, Priceline tried to charge me less than what it said it would.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.