Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

TK K Fare shows in Matrix but TA can't book?

Old Oct 28, 19, 9:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many

I am trying to book a HEL-IST-JFK, LAX-IST-ARN K-fare (Business) on TK that is pricing around $2k USD all in. It comes up on ITA Matrix and EF confirms K4 on all legs, but my TA says he is unable to book and it says to waitlist the K fare as there are none and the flight is full (EF also shows the flight is almost totally empty). Any solution? Figured you guys would be the experts with using Matrix. Thx.
Old Oct 28, 19, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
I am trying to book a HEL-IST-JFK, LAX-IST-ARN K-fare (Business) on TK that is pricing around $2k USD all in. It comes up on ITA Matrix and EF confirms K4 on all legs, but my TA says he is unable to book and it says to waitlist the K fare as there are none and the flight is full (EF also shows the flight is almost totally empty). Any solution? Figured you guys would be the experts with using Matrix. Thx.
Do the fare rules for the K fare allow a double open jaw?
Old Oct 28, 19, 9:56 am

Iíve found that Matrix isnít showing accurate fares for TK. Many times it shows the fare available but then when I check on TK fare is higher as the K class bucket is 0. Check on expert flyer to see if thatís the case here. Also check google flights for fares too and
compare to their actual website.
Old Oct 28, 19, 9:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Do the fare rules for the K fare allow a double open jaw?
I have no idea, I just priced it in ITA Matrix, I tried book with Matrix also, while it offers two OTA options, it doesn't seem to work on either. I am not as advanced as many of you when it comes to breaking down the fare rules.
Old Oct 28, 19, 9:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by britinva79 View Post
Iíve found that Matrix isnít showing accurate fares for TK. Many times it shows the fare available but then when I check on TK fare is higher as the K class bucket is 0. Check on expert flyer to see if thatís the case here. Also check google flights for fares too and
compare to their actual website.
EF shows K4 for every leg, but when my TA goes in his system it shows K0.
Old Oct 28, 19, 10:17 am

Programs: UA, AS
EF shows K4 for every leg, but when my TA goes in his system it shows K0.
Are you checking married segment availability? HEL-JFK, LAX-ARN (not HEL-IST, IST-JFK, LAX-IST, IST-ARN)? What does K show for HEL-JFK, LAX-ARN?

If that's not it then you would have to check the fare rules. If you can give an example with specific dates people will be better able to check.
Old Oct 28, 19, 10:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skimthetrees View Post
Are you checking married segment availability? HEL-JFK, LAX-ARN (not HEL-IST, IST-JFK, LAX-IST, IST-ARN)? What does K show for HEL-JFK, LAX-ARN?

If that's not it then you would have to check the fare rules. If you can give an example with specific dates people will be better able to check.
That's it, I was checking segment by segment, no married segment K space. Thx!
Old Oct 28, 19, 11:40 am

That's it, I was checking segment by segment, no married segment K space. Thx!
That's also the problem with the availability on ITA. It searches segment by segment, and TK works alot with married segments, even different availability for different markets.
Old Oct 28, 19, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Matrix often has stale data. The fact that you see it on Matrix doesn't mean you can book it...

But as others have said, this is definitely not the correct place for this thread.
Old Oct 28, 19, 2:22 pm

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Matrix often has stale data. The fact that you see it on Matrix doesn't mean you can book it...

But as others have said, this is definitely not the correct place for this thread.
In this case the data is not stale, but rather what was said above - TK uses married segment pairs, not individual segments. Maybe this is something ITA Hacker can shed some light on.
Old Oct 28, 19, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Palal View Post
In this case the data is not stale, but rather what was said above - TK uses married segment pairs, not individual segments. Maybe this is something ITA Hacker can shed some light on.
OK, but the essential point is the same - just because you see it on Matrix doesn't mean that it can be booked.

Same with EF.
Old Oct 28, 19, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, Marriott Titanium
Yes, Matrix is unreliable when looking for TK availability with married segment control in play.
Old Oct 29, 19, 9:35 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by gokeeper View Post
Yes, Matrix is unreliable when looking for TK availability with married segment control in play.
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post

Many TK fares (especially those really cheap one) are phantom fare, and this is not new news, it has been like that for a few years.
I tried with Sabre, the rules were there but always 0 availability.

I was excited when I first saw those prices back then... From time to time, you may get lucky something actually falls through the crack, just think of it like winning a lottery.
If you dare, try going to a local TK office (not just TA) and see if you have any luck.
Old Oct 29, 19, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ View Post
Many TK fares (especially those really cheap one) are phantom fare, and this is not new news, it has been like that for a few years.
Sadly it's far more than TK. And quite a few FTers didn't get the memo... Lots of threads about "how do I book this Matrix fare?" or "ExpertFlyer says there's an award seat but I can't book it"...
Old Nov 1, 19, 6:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

just as well, ended up booking LH F instead

Search this Thread
Search Engine: