Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Getting Delta Silver, purchasing MQMs and MQDs

Old Oct 26, 2019, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta

I'm done with all of my flying for the year, but I'm still 381 MQMs and 340 MQDs away from getting Medallion Silver on Delta. I'm based out of RSW, so a round trip to Atlanta would be easy, and push me over the threshold if planned properly. Apparently you can purchase MQMs at the end of the year, but seemingly only if you already have medallion. Should I book a mileage run to ATL, or wait to see if I can buy my way to Medallion?

For anyone wondering why I'm so dead-set on getting silver, even though its not super useful: I plan on travelling a lot in 2020, and it'll make it easier for me to get to gold or Platinum.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by declanmar
I'm done with all of my flying for the year, but I'm still 381 MQMs and 340 MQDs away from getting Medallion Silver on Delta. I'm based out of RSW, so a round trip to Atlanta would be easy, and push me over the threshold if planned properly. Apparently you can purchase MQMs at the end of the year, but seemingly only if you already have medallion. Should I book a mileage run to ATL, or wait to see if I can buy my way to Medallion?

For anyone wondering why I'm so dead-set on getting silver, even though its not super useful: I plan on travelling a lot in 2020, and it'll make it easier for me to get to gold or Platinum.
Take the flight. The purchase offers are not a very good deal.

To add: as a Silver in my first year, I was upgraded to F on 5 flights. Did a RT to DEN connecting in SLC July 4th returning July 7th. Upgrade both legs, both directions. I also got upgraded to F on a flight from SLC-BWI. I was "upgraded" to C+ nearly every flight I took that year.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by declanmar

If you want to achieve Gold medallion, it can cost as little as $1500. Virgin Atlantic Miami - JNB in Premium Economy earning just under 30,000 MQMs and just under $6000 MQDs (e.g. Nov 9 - 11, $1449, getting back to MIA the afternoon of Nov 12)

If you just want Silver medallion and have a bunch of MQMs to carryover to the new year, then the same Virgin Atlantic MIA-JNB run except in Economy Delight costs $1045 and will earn you just under 25,000 MQMS and just under $5000 MQDs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.