Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] CA: Business Class OSL to BKK 475€

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] CA: Business Class OSL to BKK 475€

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Originally Posted by Swissairasia
I would be surprised if they would cancel this one.

It has only been active for a very short time and at least on the dates that I have been checking the planes ARN-PEK-ARN were always almost empty and still are. Furthermore, it is an open secret that CA has troubles to fill some of their flights to europe, especially to ARN and ZRH. Normal price for ARN-BKK is around 1.5k and now it has been 500. Still a big difference, but doesnt mean the world for CA. Can't compare it for example with the CX Vietnam error fare (that was honoured) where the price was 800 instead of 10k. And last but not least: Norway has probably the strongest consumer protection law within europe.

To sum up: Nothing is sure (yet), but I am pretty positive that those bookings will stay. Fingers crossed.
Completely agree. It's about the right price for what they offer, especially all the connections involved.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: LX-SEN, KL-Gold, BA-Gold, LA-Comodoro
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
Completely agree. It's about the right price for what they offer, especially all the connections involved.
Haha, well OK, but I guess for CA it does not make it easier and cheaper if there are more connections involved... On the contrary, the fact that they will need to pay SK for their segments to ARN or CPH is one of the reasons why I am still scared that they might cancel

If you should be referring to the product of CA however, as I have mentioned above: if you are travelling as a group of 2, I really like the J class on the "old" 330 as you have loads of space and at least for me, the food always has been better than its reputation. Furthermore, if you are lucky, also the PEK-BKK segments are with lie-flat seats, so I really like this routing, even if it would be more expensive, especially with the stopover opportunity in PEK.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Culture Guru
Mine is not pending anymore. It is debited!

Did you book at CA's website?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Mixed feelings about 'connections'.
Direct routes tend to be preferable for marketing higher prices as more desired by customers. True about codeshares, but flown a mixed SAS/VS earlier this year that was less than a 1k and not an error, albeit to USA.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Granite64
Did you book at CA's website?
Yes.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Culture Guru
Yes.

My CC hasn't been debited yet and I also booked on CA's website, fingers crossed
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Granite64
My CC hasn't been debited yet and I also booked on CA's website, fingers crossed
As a point of information: I booked 2 tickets through CA directly & 2 through an OTA. All 4 tickets have e-ticket numbers.
- The CA one doesn't show up on my AMEX statement. Called Amex and they said they could see the transaction was succesful but not yet visible to me.
- The OTA one shows on my Mastercard as charged.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
AMEX Online Billing

Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
I also got debited for the 2 tickets I booked. So far so good!
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:24 am
Suspended

Arrgh, I really should have booked for a later date. My outbound is in three weeks.

On the one hand, I'd really like to book the positioning flight, as I'm starting to run into advanced ticketing restrictions. On the other hand, I'd really like to wait a few more days to see if I'm good here.

Bit of a conundrum.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by 8mh
Arrgh, I really should have booked for a later date. My outbound is in three weeks.

On the one hand, I'd really like to book the positioning flight, as I'm starting to run into advanced ticketing restrictions. On the other hand, I'd really like to wait a few more days to see if I'm good here.

Bit of a conundrum.
Any reward availability you can use? Should/could be the best flexible option.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I think it is extremely likely that you'll be able to fly. Norway has some of the most rigorous consumer protection laws (I hope you bought from a Norwegian PoS) and it was only bookable for a very short time.
If you can find non-refundable positioning flights that aren't too expensive, I would risk it.

Also check out SAS flex tickets ("SAS Plus Pro" is fully refundable, you don't have to book "SAS Full Flex"). OSL is one of their hubs, you could also look for hidden-city flights.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
I have a contact that works for a groundhandler at 'overseas' European station for SK and this person checked my reservation and confirmed all was looking good. Seats for the SK segments were added, for CA unable (possibly because not opened for this job position or location where this person is working).
Anyway, I am not expecting issues at all and in the meantime booked my positioning flights.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lefly
Any reward availability you can use? Should/could be the best flexible option.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm on the fence about that, too. My only viable award option is using M&M miles and the price is 35k miles plus EUR 75. Ultimately, I might wait a little longer even if I lose certain booking classes on my positioning flights due to advanced ticketing restrictions.

Back-to-topic: Anybody flying earlier than the third week of November?

If not, and if it doesn't end up being cancelled, I guess I'll have to report back here.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by skycruiserNL
I have a contact that works for a groundhandler at 'overseas' European station for SK and this person checked my reservation and confirmed all was looking good.
LOL. Remember to select the low-sodium meal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.