Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] CA: Business Class OSL to BKK 475€

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] CA: Business Class OSL to BKK 475€

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2020, 7:29 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by recki2016
Is it still possible to cancel it with full refund?

I'm pretty sure it is, I did it last week; I booked on CA's website.
recki2016 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:46 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
My flight (ARN-PEK) in June has been cancelled and then it has been automatically moved to the next day but the flight PEK-BKK is still the same, therefore, I will miss this flight to BKK!!!

I called the local office in Bangkok and they could not do anything and they told me to call to call centre instead! Last Sunday, I called European Call Centre (00800 86 100 999) and the agent agreed to change my whole flight from OSL-ARN-PEK-BKK to MUC-PEK-BKK but until now the booking is still the same and it has not been changed, is that normal? Does the agent need the approval and maybe it is still pending?

I did call again but it is only available in German and Chinese!!! I did try to call China (English) Call Centre (+86-10-95583) and North American Call Centre (+1-800-882-8122), they both said that I need to call the European Call Centre! ​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Your flight is in June so give it some time (weeks!) - there is no urgency. If the agent changed the reservation it will most likely materialise at some stage. For 1 thing the ticket needs to be reissued, and most likely there is a backlog of tickets that need to be reissued at CA.
thanaset likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Your flight is in June so give it some time (weeks!) - there is no urgency. If the agent changed the reservation it will most likely materialise at some stage. For 1 thing the ticket needs to be reissued, and most likely there is a backlog of tickets that need to be reissued at CA.
Thank you for your answer and that's why I asked here because for AY, they changed it almost immediately or the other airlines that I've asked for the change.

If you say so then it looks like that it is normal for CA.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by thanaset
My flight (ARN-PEK) in June has been cancelled and then it has been automatically moved to the next day but the flight PEK-BKK is still the same, therefore, I will miss this flight to BKK!!!

I called the local office in Bangkok and they could not do anything and they told me to call to call centre instead! Last Sunday, I called European Call Centre (00800 86 100 999) and the agent agreed to change my whole flight from OSL-ARN-PEK-BKK to MUC-PEK-BKK but until now the booking is still the same and it has not been changed, is that normal? Does the agent need the approval and maybe it is still pending?

I did call again but it is only available in German and Chinese!!! I did try to call China (English) Call Centre (+86-10-95583) and North American Call Centre (+1-800-882-8122), they both said that I need to call the European Call Centre!
​​​​​​​
Isn't MUC-PEK a Lufthansa flight ? Were you allowed to start in MUC instead of OSL ?

Until now I've not heard of any success in getting rebooked to other carriers or points of origin when CA has schedule changes. Please share the route/flights you're rebooked to (when your ticket clears).
Old Apr 1, 2020, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by raunow
Isn't MUC-PEK a Lufthansa flight ? Were you allowed to start in MUC instead of OSL ?

Until now I've not heard of any success in getting rebooked to other carriers or points of origin when CA has schedule changes. Please share the route/flights you're rebooked to (when your ticket clears).
No, it will be CA962 (MUC-PEK) and I will have about 9 hours transit in PEK.

Air China has both MUC-PEK and MUC-PVG flights.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 5:07 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
is there anyone who tried to rebook to next year? I contacted OTA and Air China EU mail 2 weeks ago and no reply yet.. (my flights were cancelled and i was scheduled to depart on 13th of April)
what is the best option? I read that the OTA is not responding at all, what is the best communication with air china? (email was the best for me in the previous years but this time they are not responding)
thank you!
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
I don't think they'll be so generous from what I've heard. Air China's hotline is quite responsive and the wait times are not so high so call them directly.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 2:43 pm

hi guys, do they are kind of "forcing" me into full refund instead of rebooking to later dates.. My flights were cancelled so I am entitled for free of charge change, right?
Do you have any experiences?
Old Apr 5, 2020, 4:30 am

Allow me to ask this...: My flight is in August... What would you do (if you were in my shoes)... ?

The obvious answer might be to "hang in and wait"... But I wonder will it be "better" / ok (?) again in August, for travel... ?

Right now Air China does not allow for cancellations in August... How about other flights and hotels that I have also booked (a good number of them... !), should I keep - or cancel - THEM... ?
Old Apr 5, 2020, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Hotrod1
Allow me to ask this...: My flight is in August... What would you do (if you were in my shoes)... ?

The obvious answer might be to "hang in and wait"... But I wonder will it be "better" / ok (?) again in August, for travel... ?

Right now Air China does not allow for cancellations in August... How about other flights and hotels that I have also booked (a good number of them... !), should I keep - or cancel - THEM... ?
I had a refund for an August trip. Requested it a couple of weeks ago and paid quickly.

I was happy to fly, but ended up double booked with a different trip. Possibly they're happy that people don't want to fly these, I also suspect they will be making more cancellations and route adjustments in the coming months.
Hotrod1 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, BA Silver, AF Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Hotrod1
According to their website they still offer a full refund for all tickets "purchased before 0:00 AM on January 28, 2020 for Air China operated flights or CA-coded codeshare flights that have a travel date later than January 1, 2020 (inclusive)". August is included then.
Hotrod1 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 5:13 pm

so right now, GoToGate is telling me that I can change my flights to alternative dates until 30th of June 2020. When I asked for about 10 dates, they told me that the flights are not available or overbooked. When I checked on the Air China website, the flights are available and free.
Does it mean Air China stopped issuing tickets by OTAs? What can I do now? Any ideas?
would ask for a refund if I didnt have everything booked already and I could cancel it for free. And at the same time I do not want to fly economy on PRG OSL ARN PEK BKK KUL KBR and back just because I thought I will fly business..
Old Apr 8, 2020, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by fridgy
When I checked on the Air China website, the flights are available and free.
Are you sure these are not code-share flights? All CA availability on FRA,CPH,ARN-PEK and PEK-BKK flights seems to be zeroed-out, according to Expertflyer. If that is the case then they don't know which (if any) flights will be operated, and withhold all sales or rebookings.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by thanaset

I did call again but it is only available in German and Chinese!!! I did try to call China (English) Call Centre (+86-10-95583) and North American Call Centre (+1-800-882-8122), they both said that I need to call the European Call Centre!
The Air China apps on my phone today notifies me that I got the new eTicket but they have not emailed me about the new one (they emailed me later in the evening!) . However, it also shows the new 13-Digit eTicket number on the apps.

My route OSL-ARN-PEK-BKK-PEK-CPH-OSL has been changed to MUC-PEK-BKK-PEK-MUC (9 hours and 19 hours layover out-/inbound at PEK), all flights have been rebooked into J fare instead of R :-)

Last edited by thanaset; Apr 18, 2020 at 2:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.