Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

HU: ORD-CTU (R) fare - $1,085 RT

Old Oct 24, 2019, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

10/25 edit: I've been informed by Hainan Airlines that these flash fares will extend through Monday, 10/28 or until sold out.

Hainan has business class (R) fares from $1,085 RT. Killer fare, and excellent mileage run opportunity for Alaska Elites for 14,764 EQM and 29,528 RDM (47,983 for 75K Gold). Limited dates in Sept 2020.

I did a bunch of them for $1,400 earlier this year to renew 75K Gold during the double mileage promo. This is under $1,100 so it's even cheaper (though a shorter distance).

Google flights direct link

More info about the deal on my site, or if you want to learn about their business class cabin, I reviewed it here. I don't really post to FT so forgive any formatting mistakes.

Maayan likes this.

Last edited by 30k; Oct 25, 2019 at 2:26 pm
Old Jun 17, 2020, 9:45 pm

I pulled the trigger on this fare last October for an upcoming flight in September 2020. HU still shows the reservation as active and confirmed but they are not selling seats on these flights (on their website) and I can't imagine they would try to launch this new route during these times.

Anyone else in this situation? Should I wait it out until they officially cancel it or request a refund?
Old Jun 23, 2020, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by GS1000
I pulled the trigger on this fare last October for an upcoming flight in September 2020. HU still shows the reservation as active and confirmed but they are not selling seats on these flights (on their website) and I can't imagine they would try to launch this new route during these times.

Anyone else in this situation? Should I wait it out until they officially cancel it or request a refund?
I also purchased this but for October. Still shows as confirmed. Not sure there are any options but to wait for the cancellation or pay the cancellation fee
Old Sep 9, 2020, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by GS1000

Not sure if Hainan is even flying this route now. Have not seen any flights. What was the resolution of your September ORD-CTU ticket?
Old Sep 14, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
I had a September ticket too. I called Hainan in August and the CSR recommended I wait until I received the flight cancellation notice. Basically, all the flights are getting cancelled. If you self cancel, you have less favorable options.
Once they cancelled, I called them and asked for a refund. They offered to rebook at no fee, but I had to travel within 1 year of the original purchase. That meant I would have to fly by October -- not going to happen. The refund process was over the phone and relatively painless. The CSR's English was decent, better than my Mandarin. I received the refund within a couple weeks, even though they told me it would take a month.
The funny thing is they are disorganized. A separate department kept calling me at night to handle the cancellation, but that CSR only spoke Mandarin. Luckily, I had a native speaker nearby. It seems like online ticketing and phone ticketing are totally separate.
Anyway, I give them high marks for customer service. I was expecting this to be a painful experience and it was quite the opposite.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by mafan812
I had a September ticket too. I called Hainan in August and the CSR recommended I wait until I received the flight cancellation notice. Basically, all the flights are getting cancelled. If you self cancel, you have less favorable options.
Once they cancelled, I called them and asked for a refund. They offered to rebook at no fee, but I had to travel within 1 year of the original purchase. That meant I would have to fly by October -- not going to happen. The refund process was over the phone and relatively painless. The CSR's English was decent, better than my Mandarin. I received the refund within a couple weeks, even though they told me it would take a month.
The funny thing is they are disorganized. A separate department kept calling me at night to handle the cancellation, but that CSR only spoke Mandarin. Luckily, I had a native speaker nearby. It seems like online ticketing and phone ticketing are totally separate.
Anyway, I give them high marks for customer service. I was expecting this to be a painful experience and it was quite the opposite.
Coincidently I called Hainan today for the status of my October flight. Hainan says the flight has not yet been canceled. How soon before the flight did Hainan cancel?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.