Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(GONE) All Alliances: PDX-Tokyo and SEA-Osaka in Nov/Dec '19 June/July 2020, ~$2370

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: George84
CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME CHARGE USD 500.00/CAD 500.00 FOR CANCEL/REFUND. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. IN THE CASE OF THE DEATH OF THE PASSENGER/OR A TRAVELING COMPANION/ THE SERVICE CHARGE MAY BE WAIVED OR THE TICKET REFUNDED. VISIT AA.COM FOR DETAIL ---- FOR TRAVEL AGENCY BOOKINGS MADE IN MEXICO / THE CARIBBEAN / CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA - AA WILL ASSESS A USD 25.00 FEE ON ANY UNTICKETED RESERVATION NOT CANCELED BEFORE DEPARTURE. ANY TIME CHARGE USD 800.00/CAD 800.00 FOR NO-SHOW/REFUND. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. IN THE CASE OF THE DEATH OF THE PASSENGER/OR A TRAVELING COMPANION/ THE SERVICE CHARGE MAY BE WAIVED OR THE TICKET REFUNDED. VISIT AA.COM FOR DETAIL ---- FOR TRAVEL AGENCY BOOKINGS MADE IN MEXICO / THE CARIBBEAN / CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA - AA WILL ASSESS A USD 25.00 FEE ON ANY UNTICKETED RESERVATION NOT CANCELED BEFORE DEPARTURE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE USD 400.00/CAD 400.00. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. ---- THE ORIGINAL NON REFUNDABLE AMOUNT REMAINS NON REFUNDABLE. CHANGES PERMITTED PRIOR TO TICKETED DEPARTURE TIME OF EACH FLIGHT. ---- TICKETS AT THESE FARES MAY NOT BE REVALIDATED. TICKETS MUST BE REISSUED. FARE DIFFERENCE AND CHANGE FEE MUST BE PAID AND TICKETS MUST BE REISSUED WHEN ITINERARY IS REBOOKED. ---- THE CHANGE FEE APPLIES PER TRANSACTION AND PERSON. A CHANGE IS A ROUTING / OR DATE / OR FLIGHT MODIFICATION. CHANGE IS PERMITTED WITHIN TICKET VALIDITY OF ORIGINAL TICKET. ----------------------------------------------- WHERE THIS FARE IS COMBINED WITH ANOTHER FARE AND ONLY ONE FARE COMPONENT IS CHANGED THE PENALTY CONDITIONS OF THE CHANGED FARE COMPONENT WILL APPLY. WHEN MORE THAN ONE FARE COMPONENT IS BEING CHANGED THE HIGHEST PENALTY OF ALL CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS WILL APPLY. ----------------------------------------------- WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A HIGHER FARE THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE ADD COLLECTED AND THE CHANGE FEE WILL APPLY. ---- WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A LOWER FARE THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE REFUNDED TO THE ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT AND THE CHANGE FEE WILL APPLY. ------------------------------------------------- CALCULATION FOR REISSUES //CHANGES BEFORE OUTBOUND DEPARTURE// WHEN THE FIRST FARE COMPONENT IS CHANGED THE ITINERARY MUST BE REPRICED USING CURRENT FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE THE TICKET IS REISSUED. ----- WHEN THERE ARE NO CHANGES TO THE FIRST FARE COMPONENT BUT OTHER FARE COMPONENTS ARE CHANGED THE ITINERARY MUST BE REPRICED USING HISTORICAL FARES IN EFFECT ON THE PREVIOUS TICKETING DATE OR CURRENT FARES IN EFFECT ON THE DATE OF TICKET REISSUE WHICHEVER IS LOWER. -------------------------------------------------- //CHANGES AFTER DEPARTURE// THE ITINERARY MUST BE REPRICED USING HISTORICAL FARES IN EFFECT ON THE PREVIOUS TICKETING DATE. -------------------------------------------------- THE NEW ITINERARY MUST MEET ALL RULE PROVISIONS OF THE NEWLY TICKETED FARE - I.E. ADVANCE RESERVATIONS/TICKETING DEADLINE/MINIMUM/MAXIMUM STAY/BOOKING CLASS/SEASONALITY ETC. ------------------------------------------------ REISSUES / EXCHANGES NOT ALLOWED TO EOU/ERU FARE TYPES.
Print Wikipost

(GONE) All Alliances: PDX-Tokyo and SEA-Osaka in Nov/Dec '19 June/July 2020, ~$2370

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:25 am

Wiki added - posted flight details. Feel free to edit and include yours.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Dunno how I stumbled upon this cheaper fare, but good stuff happens by luck. Enjoy JAL.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:37 am

yea, thanks to MightyTravels alert last night we jumped on a Jun 4 thru 18 trip to Tokyo. For family trip for 5 of us. (PDX-YVR-NRT-HND-SFO-PDX)
Have to get a quick flight up to PDX (from SMF) but will throw away the SFO-PDX flight and just head home from SFO on the return. All for $1370 per person, r/t.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I need to block Flyertalk. You guys cost me too much money
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Is this the best deal this year?
Location people want to go to (though I guess many are doing quick turnarounds), on a good airline.
Not quite, even if you don't include CX New Year Eve ex-Vietnam, we had

[PREM FARE GONE] ORD-SYD NZ $1500 RT biz

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1960045-prem-fare-gone-sq-jfk-fra-eco-fra-sin-jfk-bus-2008-a.html

On top of those there was also HU sales out of ORD to CTU for around the same price.

The best ones are below $1000 with higher probability of airlines not honoring.

Last edited by vincewy; Sep 12, 2019 at 6:36 pm
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy
Not quite, even if you don't include CX New Year Eve ex-Vietnam, we had

[PREM FARE GONE] ORD-SYD NZ $1500 RT biz

[PREM FARE GONE] SQ JFK-FRA(Eco)-FRA-SIN-JFK (Bus) from $2008

On top of those there was also HU sales out of ORD to CTU for around the same price.

The best ones are below $1000 with higher probability of airlines not honoring.
I missed the NZ one (but I am not so eager to try NZ business cause it doesn't seem that great), lots of HU flights still but I think of them as lower-class business (haven't flown them yet, may pick up one of the deals later this year).
Somewhat like flying AA business on a deal-it is a good deal but not a pleasant flight, just not so miserable.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:00 am

Looks like these fares are good to go -- no cancellations from JAL!
George84 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:54 am

Edit: false alarm!

Last edited by keitherson; Sep 19, 2019 at 2:06 am
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA PPro
What do you mean false alarm?

anyone been canceled by JAL?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I received a cancellation email last night for 2 itineraries that I had actually cancelled, perhaps that is what OP is referring to.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
I received a cancellation email last night for 2 itineraries that I had actually cancelled, perhaps that is what OP is referring to.
bingo. no cancellations (unless intended), fares are good to fly
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:17 am

Anybody know how to get the JL leg to credit to AA and AS leg to AS? Are you allowed to change frequent flier numbers later/in the midst of a ticket? Or should I just not put in anything and just credit it after the fact.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Anybody know how to get the JL leg to credit to AA and AS leg to AS? Are you allowed to change frequent flier numbers later/in the midst of a ticket? Or should I just not put in anything and just credit it after the fact.
You can have your AAdvantage number associated with this booking. Prior to your AS flight you ask the check-in or gate agent to delete your AAdvantage number and credit to Mileage Plan for this leg only.
Have them print out your boarding pass with your MP number in the unlikely event you need to retro claim.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anyone been able to successfully change this flight? If so, how did it reprice? I'd like to change the return leg if possible, which seems to say will use the historical fare data.

Last edited by invalyd; Dec 9, 2019 at 11:44 pm
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
Anyone been able to successfully change this flight? If so, how did it reprice? I'd like to change the return leg if possible, which seems to say will use the historical fare data.
Expedia accepted a substantial routing change to my itinerary on my behalf, they quoted $10,000's pp to put the routing back (even just one way). So, not sure if you'll be able to make a change based on the old fare. If you are able to, please let me know how you did it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.