Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Skyteam: DTW - CPT RT AI $2487 Expedia Package

Old Aug 31, 2019, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum

This Expedia package had been posted some time ago, but it's still live. I just booked DTW-AMS-CPT-AMS-DTW with a 1-night throw-away stay in a hostel for $2,487. Booked in Z, and included a segment in Delta's A350 on the DTW-AMS leg. I'm expecting that this should earn about 64,000 RDM, 29,800 MQM, and 8975 MQD (and take me over the threshold for DM in 2020). The earnings are nice at 8.3 cents/MQM and 3.6 MQD/$. The only part that's a bit fuzzy is that the first leg is a DL flight number, so I'm expecting I'll be earning based on the "exception fare" rules, which are a bit difficult to interpret.

I also saw a similar deal out of ATL, but it wasn't available from WAS so I have to add a positioning flight to DTW.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL 2+Million Miler, Delta Platinum(by choice), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DCAhome
This Expedia package had been posted some time ago, but it's still live. I just booked DTW-AMS-CPT-AMS-DTW with a 1-night throw-away stay in a hostel for $2,487. Booked in Z, and included a segment in Delta's A350 on the DTW-AMS leg. I'm expecting that this should earn about 64,000 RDM, 29,800 MQM, and 8975 MQD (and take me over the threshold for DM in 2020). The earnings are nice at 8.3 cents/MQM and 3.6 MQD/$. The only part that's a bit fuzzy is that the first leg is a DL flight number, so I'm expecting I'll be earning based on the "exception fare" rules, which are a bit difficult to interpret.

I also saw a similar deal out of ATL, but it wasn't available from WAS so I have to add a positioning flight to DTW.
What dates are you finding this? For how long and how many persons?

Thanks,
Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FOOLISHRUNNER
What dates are you finding this? For how long and how many persons?

Thanks,
i booked 5/6/2020 to 5/12/2020 for 1 person. My friend who is also coming booked the same through Expedia, but separately.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I was able to make this work from SLC to CPT in March for like $2800 with one night at a decent hotel.

The thing is, while the flight back home is CPT-AMS-SLC on KLM, the only way I could get it to book was to do Delta coded flights SLC-YVR-CDG-CPT, all in Z class. They actually booked two tickets, I think! Does anyone have a clue what I should expect for the all-important MQDs for this outward set of flights?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Uncle Lars
I was able to make this work from SLC to CPT in March for like $2800 with one night at a decent hotel.

The thing is, while the flight back home is CPT-AMS-SLC on KLM, the only way I could get it to book was to do Delta coded flights SLC-YVR-CDG-CPT, all in Z class. They actually booked two tickets, I think! Does anyone have a clue what I should expect for the all-important MQDs for this outward set of flights?
My guess is this will be treated as an "Exception Fare". I know when I looked at the flight receipt for my ticket (which was coded 006, so it's on Delta stock), there is no dollar amount for the base fare. It just has the code "IT".

On the Delta web site, they say Exception Fares in Z class will earn 150% of the miles flown, and MQDs will be one-fifth of the "miles earned". They also provide for bonus (redeemable) miles based on Medallion status.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ion-fares.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.