Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BKK->SYD May/Jun 2020 Qantas F $548 USD Round Trip

[PREM FARE GONE] BKK->SYD May/Jun 2020 Qantas F $548 USD Round Trip

Old Sep 2, 19, 1:07 am

Programs: Qantas FF Platinum
Originally Posted by skaya View Post
Who said how many was impacted? QF customer service?
Yes. She wanted to check re waiver code and presumably she was checking with ticketing department while I was put on hold. She came back advised that QF was aware of this issue and a few hundred customers are impacted.

Old Sep 2, 19, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Lexolot View Post
Hi guys,

So QF rightly cancelled my booking (according to QF there was a few hundred impacted). As Iíd booked my ticket thru Travel2be, itís been very stressful just trying to get some responses from them.

They keep pawning me off to QF citing that itís QF job to issue me a refund which I knew was a total bs. Then I called them again relaying that Travel2be needs to contact QF industry representative. They told me they donít have the manpower to make outbound call to QF and told me to call their HQ in Madrid. Their HQ number doesnít seem to be working.

I was was very stressed and desperate. Gave QF another call and they said that they had put in a remark with the waiver code. The lady I spoke to put one in again in another format.

To this date, Travel2be is still adamant that they donít see any waiver code and claimed that they canít help me.

What do I do? Please help!

Thanks all!
I'm sorry but you knew there was a 99% chance that this would happen. I would just be patient and not stress about it, eventually you'll get the money back.
nancypants and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Sep 2, 19, 2:02 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by thewolfofpoints View Post
I'm sorry but you knew there was a 99% chance that this would happen. I would just be patient and not stress about it, eventually you'll get the money back.
indeed. The mistake fare game may not be for you if you arenít prepared for this to be the outcome

(handy way for airlines and travel agents to give themselves an interest free loan though!)
thewolfofpoints likes this.
Old Sep 2, 19, 2:09 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Iíd called my bank Westpac NZ. They donít do charge back only dispute a transaction.
I think it's a matter of nomenclature. A chargeback follows acceptance of a prima facie dispute.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 2, 19, 2:17 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.

They keep pawning me off to QF citing that it’s QF job to issue me a refund which I knew was a total bs. Then I called them again relaying that Travel2be needs to contact QF industry representative. They told me they don’t have the manpower to make outbound call to QF and told me to call their HQ in Madrid. Their HQ number doesn’t seem to be working.

To this date, Travel2be is still adamant that they don’t see any waiver code and claimed that they can’t help me.

Don't stress about it. Your rights are protected under Dispute Condition 13.1: Merchandise/Services Not Received https://usa.visa.com/dam/VCOM/downlo...ic.pdf#page676 (there are Mastercard equivalents).

Qantas has nothing to do with it. Even tho Travel2be is agent for QF, you have no credit card transaction for chargeback purposes with QF, only Travel2be. So they have to absorb the chargeback first then obtain reimbursement thru Qantas via the agency agreement Travel2be has with Qantas which allows Travel2be to "plate" for Qantas.

It is not optional for Travel2be (Westpac just takes the money out of Travel2be's acquirer). Nor is it optional for Westpac to help you (well, they can not help, but you then take them to AFCA for their default and claim your refund off Westpac).

I've had Citi dispute Europcar damage charges as fraudulent after they refused to send me documentation for my CDW insurer to reimburse me (I applied for a "Charge not recognised" dispute, but Citi said they will perform a full fraud chargeback instead.

I would have Westpac start the dispute if no refund received by 24 Nov. This gives Westpac 30 calendar days to perform the dispute (the time limit is 120 days from 25 August).

I got my refund from Gotogate btw.
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by percysmith; Sep 2, 19 at 3:18 am
Old Sep 2, 19, 1:31 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Iíd called my bank Westpac NZ. They donít do charge back only dispute a transaction. However with that they need to have my correspondence with Travel2be. I requested what they told me in writing and they just said itís not possible due to privacy reason which is odd. Itís my reservation how is it a privacy issue?

Oh man Iím so stressed out!
"Chargeback" is jargon, meaning an accounting penalty for a merchant. As a consumer, the only action you can initiate is a dispute, and it will almost certainly result in a refund to you, and a chargeback to the merchant.
nancypants likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: