Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(premium fare gone): Kuwait: MXP/FRA-DEL $434 RT in Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(premium fare gone): Kuwait: MXP/FRA-DEL $434 RT in Business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:08 pm

Now where's my popcorn
Old Aug 3, 2019, 4:16 am

Same here: Kuwait downgraded my booking to Economy Restricted, however Expedia is still showing (P, business) and so far didn't receive any news from them. Guess it won't take long...
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:45 am

Expedia also shows T class now. Three calls from Expedia to the airline later, Kuwait doesn't want to refund. Anyone has more success?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
I was supposed tp fly on Aug 3, booked with Expedia, Kuwait Airways called me on Aug 2 telling me I could either fly in Economy or cancel free of charge. I decided to cancel, it took Expedia quite a few calls and mails to contact someone who would actually confirm that I would get a full refund. The refund has been processed now, but it will take 2-12 weeks for the refund.
Travel-Quinten likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:48 am

Thanks for posting your update! And wow, you're fast - booking two days ahead of flying. Hope you find another nice deal soon
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:58 am

Who's gonna sue them first?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:07 am

OK, strange things happening here:
Checked 2 days ago and saw myself downgraded to Eco. Wanted to call today and claim my refund, so checked again and now ticket shows business class again...

Can anybody confirm?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by TravelBaron
Checked 2 days ago and saw myself downgraded to Eco. Wanted to call today and claim my refund, so checked again and now ticket shows business class again...
Can anybody confirm?
confirm
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by TravelBaron

Can anybody confirm?
Confirm, but Expedia says the booking class is still 'P' and Kuwait Airlines added a comment in the booking stating "passenger will travel in economy"
Old Aug 9, 2019, 8:20 am

Today the status is 'cancelled due to system error'. Now calling Expedia to make sure I get the refund...
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:26 pm

Oh my.... the booking is 'Confirmed' again in business. Since I already booked another ticket by the first time Kuwait Airlines downgraded my flight, I'm not really interested in taking these flights. Booked quite a few error fares in the last years, but never saw such a show.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:08 pm

Today I receive mail from kuwait airways office rome

Airline asks for answer, fly in eco or refund.

The booking is still on Business.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:27 am

Today, Expedia sent me an e-mail: "We requested a full refund from the airline and you would receive that within the next 12 weeks".
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
Originally Posted by alfi
Today I receive mail from kuwait airways office rome

Airline asks for answer, fly in eco or refund.

The booking is still on Business.
Got this as well, they claimed I was notified on August 2nd (?) that it was an error fare. Replied that I want the refund, but haven't heard back. Booked directly via Kuwait airways. Anyone else received a refund confirmation from Kuwait airways already?

Booking still showing business.

EDIT: Received refund confirmation after sending a follow-up email to rome ticket office. Booking now showing empty on kuwaitairways website.

Last edited by tobitronics; Aug 13, 2019 at 2:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.