Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FJ: SIN-LAX R/T S$980 I for SIN-NAN/NAN-SIN, R for NAN-LAX/LAX-NAN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] FJ: SIN-LAX R/T S$980 I for SIN-NAN/NAN-SIN, R for NAN-LAX/LAX-NAN

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2020, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by cjwong88
Anyone still got flights on this? Flying next week and saw Alaska has a mileage promotion on flights to "South Pacific" giving a 100% mileage bonus. As I'm flying SIN-NAN-HNL-NAN-SIN, you would definitely get 100% bonus on the HNL-NAN leg, but possibly the SIN-NAN leg as well (the email does not say the flight must originate in the US, which is probably what they imply). So this could add an extra ~8,000-1X,000 miles or so to AS accrual depending whether ultimate destination is HNL or LAX. See link below.

https://www.alaskaair.com/promo/FJ2001
In SIN now on the return leg of this deal. Flew the outbound in January and had to eventually submit a mileage claim. Miles posted in 3 weeks. The 100% miles promotion started February 1 so will post the results once recieved.
davistev likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:01 am

I have flights in April, I selected seat for business class, but yet to select economy seat for NAN-LAX. When I check-in at business counter at SIN do they let me select seat? or I can select seat when online check-in is available?

All the seat together and free is gone by now and wondering if check-in at business counter do they give some better treatment for us to choose seat like bulkhead?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:35 pm

Just flew the SIN-NAN segment and was expecting the older business class seats as posted above as seat map showed 2-2-2 layout (however I didn't screenshot it and can't remember if there were 16 or more (22?) seats), but was pleasantly surprised with the new style Fiji Airways business class seats.

I didn't find them that comfortable to sleep though as they're not lie-flat and as the seats are leather I woke up sweatier than usual, although I did decline when the FA asked to make the bed with a duvet earlier.

Somehow they couldn't provide boarding pass nor interline luggage for NAN-LAX segment and was told to pick up baggage and check-in again in Nadi. When checking the seat map for the NAN-LAX segment the flight looked pretty full without seats next to each other being available, which led us to pay $300 for 2x extra-legroom seat selection (which did have 2 seats next to each other available). Bit of a frown as there's a chance that at check-in they would have seats together available and we probably would be able to find somebody who doesn't mind switching seats on the flight, but opted to pay regardless to not have to worry about it.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska
NAN-LAX R/T seems having a lot of tour group. i had a full economy on Mar 1st LAX-NAN.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:41 pm

Very sad. Was due to depart on Saturday, but cancelled ticket at the last minute given situation in the US. I note BA still hasn't been added to FF list (when I was at online check in). Booked via Expedia - who said FJ will not refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.