Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FJ: SIN-LAX R/T S$980 I for SIN-NAN/NAN-SIN, R for NAN-LAX/LAX-NAN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] FJ: SIN-LAX R/T S$980 I for SIN-NAN/NAN-SIN, R for NAN-LAX/LAX-NAN

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: skymiles
just booked, seats 1A sin-nan-sin, paid $99 FJD ($47 USD) for seat 27A exit row nan-lax but lax-nan no seat selected as price for that leg seat $217? FJD, question is lounge access? assuming yes in sin O/B and nan return but not for nan-lax or lax-nan legs,
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wholenoni
just booked, seats 1A sin-nan-sin, paid $99 FJD ($47 USD) for seat 27A exit row nan-lax but lax-nan no seat selected as price for that leg seat $217? FJD, question is lounge access? assuming yes in sin O/B and nan return but not for nan-lax or lax-nan legs,
They accept PP if that is of any help to you. Access is also available for FJD $99 for a daypass. Decent Lounge, servers for drinks, reasonable but not earth shattering food, showers mediocre, comfortable alternative to waiting at the gate especially on an extended connection. Lounge access is up to 6 hours but staff may extend for exceptionally long transit times. It is located on the lower level below departures. For the smokers there is a smoking room down the hall from the lounge.

FJ will also send out emails for paid upgrades on a space available basis. IIRC, they are fixed and IMHO not worth the dollars. A one-way upgrade LAX to/from NAN would most likely be more than the cost of the total itinerary.

I found Y on the A330 to be a little tight, I would be interested to route NAN-LAX-NAN on the A350 for comparison.

James
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:27 pm

R class NAN-LAX-NAN no credit on AAdvantage correct?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Here is a breakdown of Earning when crediting to AS Mileage Plan for non-status as well as each Elite Tier. Despite the R fare on the NAN-LAX-NAN segments, which only accrue 50% of miles flown, the Cost per EQM is 2.51 cents per mile and RDM is as low as 1.49 cents per mile for MVPG75K.

James
Yeah, James, I'm stealing your spreadsheet. Not the biggest fan of yellow, tho....I'm thinking turquoise.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:55 pm

https://www.fijiairways.com/en-us/bo...-bid-upgrades/

i saw they have some bid upgrade stuff on the website... anyone tried or know whether this NAN-LAX rt would be eligible and approx cost?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by The_Just
Yeah, James, I'm stealing your spreadsheet. Not the biggest fan of yellow, tho....I'm thinking turquoise.
Your smiley face wink is yellow too. lol. From a computer science background, albeit from the pre-windows era, there is a chart called the readability index. Black on yellow has the highest readability. Now if we could get those R fares into G or higher for 100% EQM on NAN-LAX-NAN that would be even sweeter. I played around with fare classes on the Matrix but the fare differential doubled the cost.

James
The_Just likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by shek3112
https://www.fijiairways.com/en-us/bo...-bid-upgrades/

i saw they have some bid upgrade stuff on the website... anyone tried or know whether this NAN-LAX rt would be eligible and approx cost?
Read paragraph 3 of my post #32 up-thred. I flew NAN-LAX-NAN in V class. I am not sure if R is restricted to the bidding process. IIRC, the one-way NAN-LAX bid was in the suggested USD $810 range, more than the cost of the whole trip.

James
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:13 pm

Has anyone had any luck booking this the last few days? Going through google flights to expedia I get at most one leg in I or Z no matter what days I've put in
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
wrong forum as half the long haul flight is in economy.

it would make sense to post in Premium Fares for something like LAX-SFO-SIN where the 1 hour flight is economy and essentially a positioning flight. But not for a 10-hour 5500 mile flight in economy.
flyerCO and skywalkerLAX like this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:47 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Boraxo

it would make sense to post in Premium Fares for something like LAX-SFO-SIN where the 1 hour flight is economy and essentially a positioning flight. But not for a 10+-hour 5500 mile flight in economy.
Two 10 hour flights in J for under $1k, in a lie flat seat. Personally, I think the post is exactly where is should be.

I might agree if the J part was only a few hours long, but 21 hours in a lie flat seat at this price.. I want to know about these things...here.

I understand if its not your cup of tea, but please don't lobby against it, just move on.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo

it would make sense to post in Premium Fares for something like LAX-SFO-SIN where the 1 hour flight is economy and essentially a positioning flight. But not for a 10-hour 5500 mile flight in economy.
wrong post as half the long haul flight is in business.
Paella747, IggySD, dfs24 and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:25 pm

would have hopped on this if only my son is not scheduled to be born in November... Now no more travel plans can be scheduled! lolllll
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Does this "R" fare map as Bula Saver or Bula Plus (on Fiji Airways)?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:03 pm

Has anyone tried to change details on this flight yet?

Unsure whether to call airport or not (open to guidance!).

Caution for those still considering - the return flight crosses the international date line so you land back in SIN on T+2 after departure. i.e. you need to book your return on Friday if you want to be back by Sunday!
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:39 am

More than a little off topic but i needed to share - I get to skip my birthday this year ! Leaving LAX 11PM day before birthday arrive NAN 0540 day after - can I be 64 for another year? :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.