FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] FJ: SIN-LAX R/T S$980 I for SIN-NAN/NAN-SIN, R for NAN-LAX/LAX-NAN (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1976319-prem-fare-gone-fj-sin-lax-r-t-s-980-i-sin-nan-nan-sin-r-nan-lax-lax-nan.html)

wholenoni Jul 4, 2019 12:18 pm

just booked, seats 1A sin-nan-sin, paid $99 FJD ($47 USD) for seat 27A exit row nan-lax but lax-nan no seat selected as price for that leg seat $217? FJD, question is lounge access? assuming yes in sin O/B and nan return but not for nan-lax or lax-nan legs,

Flying for Fun Jul 4, 2019 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by wholenoni (Post 31269574)
just booked, seats 1A sin-nan-sin, paid $99 FJD ($47 USD) for seat 27A exit row nan-lax but lax-nan no seat selected as price for that leg seat $217? FJD, question is lounge access? assuming yes in sin O/B and nan return but not for nan-lax or lax-nan legs,

They accept PP if that is of any help to you. Access is also available for FJD $99 for a daypass. Decent Lounge, servers for drinks, reasonable but not earth shattering food, showers mediocre, comfortable alternative to waiting at the gate especially on an extended connection. Lounge access is up to 6 hours but staff may extend for exceptionally long transit times. It is located on the lower level below departures. For the smokers there is a smoking room down the hall from the lounge.

FJ will also send out emails for paid upgrades on a space available basis. IIRC, they are fixed and IMHO not worth the dollars. A one-way upgrade LAX to/from NAN would most likely be more than the cost of the total itinerary.

I found Y on the A330 to be a little tight, I would be interested to route NAN-LAX-NAN on the A350 for comparison.

James

wholenoni Jul 4, 2019 1:27 pm

R class NAN-LAX-NAN no credit on AAdvantage correct?

The_Just Jul 4, 2019 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun (Post 31269199)
Here is a breakdown of Earning when crediting to AS Mileage Plan for non-status as well as each Elite Tier. Despite the R fare on the NAN-LAX-NAN segments, which only accrue 50% of miles flown, the Cost per EQM is 2.51 cents per mile and RDM is as low as 1.49 cents per mile for MVPG75K.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ae832d42ff.jpg

James

Yeah, James, I'm stealing your spreadsheet. Not the biggest fan of yellow, tho....I'm thinking turquoise. ;)

shek3112 Jul 4, 2019 9:55 pm

https://www.fijiairways.com/en-us/bo...-bid-upgrades/

i saw they have some bid upgrade stuff on the website... anyone tried or know whether this NAN-LAX rt would be eligible and approx cost?

Flying for Fun Jul 4, 2019 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by The_Just (Post 31270144)
Yeah, James, I'm stealing your spreadsheet. Not the biggest fan of yellow, tho....I'm thinking turquoise. ;)

Your smiley face wink is yellow too. lol. From a computer science background, albeit from the pre-windows era, there is a chart called the readability index. Black on yellow has the highest readability. :) Now if we could get those R fares into G or higher for 100% EQM on NAN-LAX-NAN that would be even sweeter. I played around with fare classes on the Matrix but the fare differential doubled the cost.

James

Flying for Fun Jul 4, 2019 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by shek3112 (Post 31270800)
https://www.fijiairways.com/en-us/bo...-bid-upgrades/

i saw they have some bid upgrade stuff on the website... anyone tried or know whether this NAN-LAX rt would be eligible and approx cost?

Read paragraph 3 of my post #32 up-thred. I flew NAN-LAX-NAN in V class. I am not sure if R is restricted to the bidding process. IIRC, the one-way NAN-LAX bid was in the suggested USD $810 range, more than the cost of the whole trip.

James

PRoth59 Jul 9, 2019 6:13 pm

Has anyone had any luck booking this the last few days? Going through google flights to expedia I get at most one leg in I or Z no matter what days I've put in

Boraxo Jul 9, 2019 6:30 pm

wrong forum as half the long haul flight is in economy.

it would make sense to post in Premium Fares for something like LAX-SFO-SIN where the 1 hour flight is economy and essentially a positioning flight. But not for a 10-hour 5500 mile flight in economy.

PLeblond Jul 10, 2019 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 31287133)

it would make sense to post in Premium Fares for something like LAX-SFO-SIN where the 1 hour flight is economy and essentially a positioning flight. But not for a 10+-hour 5500 mile flight in economy.

Two 10 hour flights in J for under $1k, in a lie flat seat. Personally, I think the post is exactly where is should be.

I might agree if the J part was only a few hours long, but 21 hours in a lie flat seat at this price.. I want to know about these things...here.

I understand if its not your cup of tea, but please don't lobby against it, just move on.

zboub345 Jul 10, 2019 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 31287133)

it would make sense to post in Premium Fares for something like LAX-SFO-SIN where the 1 hour flight is economy and essentially a positioning flight. But not for a 10-hour 5500 mile flight in economy.

wrong post as half the long haul flight is in business.

shek3112 Jul 10, 2019 9:25 pm

would have hopped on this if only my son is not scheduled to be born in November... Now no more travel plans can be scheduled! lolllll

fijaircan Jul 20, 2019 8:40 am

Does this "R" fare map as Bula Saver or Bula Plus (on Fiji Airways)?

CX_newbie Jul 21, 2019 10:03 pm

Has anyone tried to change details on this flight yet?

Unsure whether to call airport or not (open to guidance!).

Caution for those still considering - the return flight crosses the international date line so you land back in SIN on T+2 after departure. i.e. you need to book your return on Friday if you want to be back by Sunday!

wholenoni Jul 22, 2019 12:39 am

More than a little off topic but i needed to share - I get to skip my birthday this year ! Leaving LAX 11PM day before birthday arrive NAN 0540 day after - can I be 64 for another year? :-)