Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need Mileage run help/ideas for newbie

Old Jun 14, 19, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta

HI
I was able to reclaim my platinum status with DL as I was not able to travel last year due to a child's medical issues/hospitalization. I now have to get 18K mqms within 3 months to keep my plat status. I would like to just do a MR to get them. I am looking at doing it some time over July 15-17. I am looking for a quick trip, no need to sight see, etc., just want to get miles. My home airport is MSP. Would love ideas/thoughts as to what you think my options are. I am okay with economy, but also like to fly business/premium. Thanks
Cathy
Old Jun 14, 19, 11:58 am

Programs: Skyteam
AM has a ton of deals right now in business which make it easy to rack up miles.

I just picked up
JFK - SDQ in (I) for a touch under $600 which will net...
Miles flown: 8036
MQMs: 12054
RDMs: 25714
MQD @ 40% = 3214

You can also stack two back-to-back in one multi-city trip which seems to make the total price lower than two separate tickets.
Old Jun 14, 19, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by kashaczub View Post
HI
I was able to reclaim my platinum status with DL as I was not able to travel last year due to a child's medical issues/hospitalization. I now have to get 18K mqms within 3 months to keep my plat status. I would like to just do a MR to get them. I am looking at doing it some time over July 15-17. I am looking for a quick trip, no need to sight see, etc., just want to get miles. My home airport is MSP. Would love ideas/thoughts as to what you think my options are. I am okay with economy, but also like to fly business/premium. Thanks
Cathy
How many MQDs do you need?

MSP-SIN will get you the needed miles. $1685 on China Eastern (MSP-LAX-PVG-SIN) on your listed dates. Bookable on Expedia.com

MSP-KUL will also get you the needed miles. $1467 on Delta (operated by Korean Air). Listed on Expedia.com

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Jun 14, 19 at 1:17 pm Reason: give KUL option
Old Jun 14, 19, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

I don't need any MQDs as I am good there with dollars. I either need MQMs or MQSs, figured it was easier to get the MQMs. I will look at those options. Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 19, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Does AM stand for Aeromexico?

Last edited by kashaczub; Jun 14, 19 at 2:16 pm Reason: changed question
Old Jul 16, 19, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ciscoopa View Post
AM has a ton of deals right now in business which make it easy to rack up miles.

I just picked up
MQD @ 40% = 3214

You can also stack two back-to-back in one multi-city trip which seems to make the total price lower than two separate tickets.
is this or any similar deals still available????
Old Aug 26, 19, 5:52 am

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by ciscoopa View Post

I just picked up
MQD @ 40% = 3214

If l class is 200%, how did you get 12k mqm on a 3k rt flight?
Old Aug 26, 19, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by flyingpigg View Post
If l class is 200%, how did you get 12k mqm on a 3k rt flight?
I am guessing that the flight routing is: JFK-MEX-SDQ-MEX-JFK which is 8036 miles x 1.5 for 12054 MQMs.

Search this Thread